[Guide] Clean Dumped Intel Engine (CS)ME/(CS)TXE Regions with Data Initialization

HELLO THK BY YOUR ANSWER, I NEED TUTO OF HOW CLEAR ME 11.X.X BY SKU LP, BECAUSE I DO BACKUP BIOS FROM DELL P1F004, AFTHER UPDATE BIOS NOT WORK USB, BUT I HAVE BACKUP OTHER MAINBOARD SELF CPU, PART NUMBER AND MAINBOARD, I PROGRAM THIS BACKUP BUT NOT BOOT OPERATING SYSTEM I CHANGE IN BIOS BOOT MODE LEGACY OR UEFI AND NOTHING , BY THIS I NEED TO DO CLEAR ME OR ADVICE PLS, THK

BIOS UPDATE NO USB.rar (5.56 MB)

DUMP AAL15 LA-D071P REV 1.00 A00 OKOKOKO GRAFICA 216-0867020 CPU SR2EZ…rar (5.54 MB)

I don’t really understand what you’re saying (and don’t type in capitals, it is considered “shouting”) but I can tell you that “BIOS UPDATE NO USB.rar” has a healthy SPI/BIOS image inside whereas “DUMP AAL15 LA-D071P REV 1.00 A00 OKOKOKO GRAFICA 216-0867020 CPU SR2EZ…rar” is corrupted. So you need to follow the guide using the SPI/BIOS image from “BIOS UPDATE NO USB.rar” and it should work once you re-flash the chip with the output.

Hello, I have two questions, I would like to ask you to help me!

1.LA-D071P OEM Public Key Hash Content has been filled!SMIP Signing Key option was not found in Flash Image Tool! How can I proceed to the next step?

1.png

2.DANL9MB18F0 Failed to generate new file!

“Error 22: [FitActions] Invalid VSCC entry. Couldn't find a historic value for entry "VsccEntry", Vendor ID: "0x37"
Error 5: [CsmeBinaryGen] Error executing pre-build actions.
Error 15: Failed to build.
Failed to build!”

2.png

I hope you can help me answer the question! Thank you!!

DANL9MB18F0.zip (4.74 MB)

LA-D071P_1.0.zip (5.94 MB)

1. Make sure you have read that step of the guide very carefully.
    2. If your system does not use whatever SPI chip is mentioned at “Flash Settings > VSCC Entries > VsccEntry3”, remove it by clicking the red X at the top of its tab. You’ll need to find what SPI chip the system has, find its datasheet from the manufacturer and check out its Vendor ID and Device IDs to be certain.

Thank you for your reply! I have another question to ask you.

How to use ME Analyzer to detect firmware PDM status?

Can you provide specific screenshots?

Thank you again!

Read the Github Readme to learn how to use MEA. It is as easy as a drag & drop. For PDM, look for the “Power Down Mitigation” field.

Thank you again!

Hi! When I clear ME Region (CSE ME 12.x) do I also need to make any manipulations with PMC/PMC Region?

No need since PMC is static. But if you decide to use the latest CSME instead of the same, I suggest you also pick the latest PMC because these two work together.

Hello, plutomaniac, Please ask me how to clean up this bios, thanks!

https://mega.nz/#!IJAliaoB!9cZVLsjCXvfNW…95E2itPHzaDJ8e4

thanks, can you help me clean my bios for hp probook 440 g4?

Help with what? Have you followed the guide? Please provide more info.

Major guide overhaul, now with complete & proper ME 2 - 6 instructions and various other fixes & improvements at ME 7 or newer. There are now 4 Initialization Data Cleaning sections, each with its own steps:

D1. ME 2 - 3
D2. ME 4 - 6
D3. ME 7 - 10 & TXE 1 - 2
D4. CSME 11 - 12 & CSTXE 3 - 4

Hi all,
Could anybody help with clean stock ME for MBP A1707 Touchbar 2017? Can’t find it.
MLB 820-00928-A
PCH: SR2NH
ME version : 11.8.55.3510
SKU: Slim H
Chipset: KBP/BSF-H A
SPT-H D

Thanks in advance

@sss7

Moved to the correct thread. Now, if I understand properly, your exact model is “MacBookPro 14,3”, correct? If yes, then I have attached the latest SPI image as provided by Apple to use it however you want.

MBP143_F000_B00_2019-02-18_12-22_5C1862E6.rar (4.24 MB)

Sorry for the post misplacement. Yes, your are right the model is "MacBookPro 14,3". My appreciation for the image you gave. It was really helpful.
Thank you!

I have this question , when we run MEAnalyzer it reports the ME version and the fitc version. Now when asus updated the ME this fitc version number stayed the old number. Somewhat later, after my initial new update of ME 8 to latest 8.1.70… i still got report fitc version being the old (original) one. I just recently followed the guide to make the adjustment on the anti theft tech adress and did a build with fitc 1.8.40 (latest) flashed the Descripter and the ME region only and now the fitc version after biosextraction does read the same as the ME version 8.1.7.xx (and not 8.1.40 which is fitc version used) . which is good but also odd. Would this be perfectly normal behaviour ? Sorry if this is not the thread to ask.

The FITC version stored in the firmware does not matter. It is just the version of the tool used and has nothing to do with the actual firmware version which you update via FWUpdate or similar.

Yes. This is a side-effect of the cleanup guide, some sort of FITC bug to be precise. It’s visual only, nothing to worry about.

I want to clean CSME Region on my HP Zbook G5 (Intel 8th gen) but there is something really strange. Main BIOS file and EC bios file I have read from the notebook both contain CSME and PMC.
When I open only main bios file which is 32MB in Intel FITC, I have about 40MB extracted regions and 2 of them are about CSME

I have also downloaded new BIOS update from HP site and I can extract BIOS Region and ME Region but when I run it through ME analyzer it displays a problem with it’s size…

Can someone help me with this strange problem I am facing? I have an opened notebook waiting to put back cleaned BIOS files…

Here are the original BIOS files I read from notebook SPI chips and in zip file is also HP BIOS update with new CSME region and clean BIOS Region.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/27dbim6tyodkac7/HP+Notebook.zip

I managed to do it on my own :slight_smile: I just ignored the other 16MB CSE Region.bin file. There is no mention of it in Flash layout in FITC.

Old bios and new bios file with cleaned CSME region…