[Guide] Clean Dumped Intel Engine (CS)ME/(CS)TXE Regions with Data Initialization

great guide!!

Thank you for such an enormous effort that you have put into this. I saw you made a clean bios dump for Dell XPS 15 9550 (Precision 5510) but the link has expired. Could you please share the dump with me? :slight_smile: I bricked my Dell XPS 15 9550, bought a new MB from PRecision 5510 and bricked it as well. I have 2 dead mbs now, tried flashing bios using the programmer CH341A to W25Q128 chip and it is still bricked.

Thanks.

I don’t keep any such files so you’ll have to dump the SPI or find another one online and then follow the guide.

@warenick - also, for W25Q128 use ASProgrammer software not the CH341A general software, writes will fail with general CH341A software. For the W25Q32 chip you can use CH341A software, 1.30 or 1.34 probably best.
I can send you two different “unknown” 9550 dumps if you need them, unsure if they are working or broken, but you would need to edit in your serial, Asset tag, LAN MAC ID etc, so not really ideal if you can dump your own boards with CH341A anyway.
Random 5510 dump linked here too DELL XPS 9550 CORPORATE FIND CORRECT FIRMWARE

Hi,

Was wondering if theres a tool that exists that can help the speed up of transferring information from one ME to another? Much like how the coffee lake easy tool or coffeetime can downgrade your ME it cant be too difficult to repurpose that tool?

Thanks

@davidm71 - I just now read your post above! I’m surprised no one tagged those guys, but I bet if you asked them they could cut out the commands from their tools into a simple exe or batch file for you
@svarmod @revlaay - If they’d rather not, maybe @_haru could help you do that or figure out how to do that

If you want to downgrade to a version Coffeetime contains, I think you can do that through the advanced option.

@_haru - he wanted to know if there is a way/method to make a tool or batch file, to simply transfer ME FW settings from one BIOS ME to another, like the intent of this guide and how the AIO Coffee tools do this during the ME FW down/upgrade process they do.

Ah, short of using the features of an existing tool, i don’t really know how.

Yes, that’s what he meant, some tool that exists, and he mentioned the perfect ones already created, they just need cut down to ME FW edit/setting swap only.
CoffeeTime and Revlaay’s tool, both do this, which would be perfect if either of them would share how to makeit do ME FW up/downgrade + setting transfer only, or recompile into a single tool that does that only.

@Lost_N_BIOS Thanks for following up on my inquiry. I had completely forgotten about that! Just another one of my crazy ideas…

Thank you

@davidm71
Intel’s FIT has command line options, use fit /? get help.

@davidm71 - you’re welcome! I come to this thread often, but always forget to check latest post, until I noticed your question

@revlaay - thanks for tip, I checked and nothing there is useful for what he’s asking about doing, nor anything there can be used in a way that your tool does this.
Unless, you are just swapping in stock ME FW file, changing SKU and not transferring settings from source ME FW to target ME FW in the output file??? If this is what your tool is doing, that’s not good, if it is then I’m very surprised you’ve not ran into a lot of ME related issues/complaints due to this.
Well, I guess maybe /save (to save the current XML), but then there seems to be no way to apply that towards new file via CMD line

Hello. I folowed guide. But after flashing dump i have “memory management” bsod. First start win 10 is fine. After reboot I have endless bsod’s. Any ideas how to fix it? This is my dumps: https://dropmefiles.com/6qJOn

This is not related to the guide. Maybe something else is wrong with your system firmware (BIOS, not Engine) or software (Windows, drivers, processes etc).

You was right, it was bios region problem.

Respected plutomaniac sir…

first i want to say thankyou for share details regarding clean me.
sir i m facing some problem when trying clean me intel s3420gp bios. bios dump is working but display shows in 2-3 min.when i load it in fitc its shows cpu access code data error & not open bios dump.i read your vauluable details & find its FD REGION locked maybe but not sure. please teach how to clean me of this type of bios step by step, if possible. i try another bios working dump but fitc shows same error.please solution…
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11amtAkH…uUwCvO/view?usp

@ earthoo7:

Stop re-posting your question at different irrelevant threads. If and when someone wants to help you, they’ll do so here.

That SPI image has some different/unexpected CPU/BIOS Read/Write access rights at the Flash Descriptor, which causes the FITC crash. Open the SPI image with a hex editor and change 0x62-0x64 from 0x1F0E to 0x0B0A and it should open at FITC. You can follow the rest of the guide afterwards.

@plutomaniac
i try some as you describe in fd unlock section.now spi image open in fitc & i did clean me as per your guide.
after clean me should i change offset back to its previous value of fd region for security of fd?
is m doing correct or something wrong? i m uploading image where i make change & clean me dump without insert
previous offset value of fd.can you check is it ok or not

Leave the original FD with 0x0B0A value changed for better security