[Guide] Clean Dumped Intel Engine (CS)ME/(CS)TXE Regions with Data Initialization

Make a dump of your bios and clean it according to

OR - since Asus delivers a complete firmware image- take the ME region of the Asus firmware update.

@lfb6 can you help me?i have bios flashback
Deleted this is my dumped bios

https://fastupload.io/en/5zu2KfQIuOTNJq7/file new file because old link is dead

i try to many methods but not working !!!thats why i need help!!the problem is my ME VERSION on bios saying 0.0.0.0 and on device manager disappeared

Ι unlocking Reflash-ME state on bios with AMIBCP and try to enabled that on bios and after restart again is disabled

im not Lazy i cannot fix the problem because i try it

i cannot understand this method seriously!!

i try with CoffeeTime 0.99 FD lock to unlock and replace MEI

this quide has to many methods what method i need?

Are still here with this issue… You’re indeed a lazy user sir, what is the problem of using the UEFI tool and extract/replace the ME region as lfb6 pointed you?
You want an easier way than this? A bit easier than the cleaning method, also pointed…ages ago by me and now also lfb6…
You have a USB BFB board feature… You can’t miss this for sure.
At least explain to us what the issue is, when you trying this… because we are speechless with a forum user from 2017…

What methods sir, there is only 2 methods, are you joking with us???.. explain what is your issue when applying the extract/replace.
And STOP the damm begging for HELP… we know already what is your problem.

I know that, i know how you bricked your bios for all your last posts.
The damage is done, we know what’s your issue and we SHARED WITH YOU, how to fix it…
NOW do what was told to you, damm it.

EDIT: Understand WHAT???
The UEFI tool??? english???

We dont care about coffeetime or amibcp… the BRICK is DONE, we told you already HOW TO FIX IT, SO DO IT.

I TOLD ALREADY, there is ONLY 2 methods.
Where are you from sir? What’s your native language?
Damm thats a $^&%(^($$%^&

Greek!!!

Get the tools here, NE and Regular version

Open the Asus bios update file 3801 CAP, open with the NE version, select ME Region on the left panel, extract, save it.

Open your dump with the Regular tool, select your ME region, right-click, replace pointing the previous extracted region, save now the file as R6E.CAP, use it in USB BFB feature.

DONE

thanks sir the first done after UEFIpatch

wow sorry i try it

Unbelievable my dear forum…i tried, i’m so sorry for you sir, all the best.

i try thanks for give me your best!!!

you give me wrong files but i understand you need the tools with UI like this

Update i replace Me Region on my dump bios reflash on biosflashback again shows ME 0.0.0.0 on bios

@panosxidis
I wanted to ask you, what did you do to break ME?

@Dagal hello i unlock hidden features with AMIBCP and i close Me State on bios and now i cannot renabled again

this is MeInfo

There are bios that allow disabling ME. In most cases the ME has to be enabled by flashing the ME region since this bios setting disables ME permanently. If you have made this option to a default setting you will not be able to enable ME since even a fresh stock ME region will be disabled again at first boot.

Yes is true can i fix it?

First step would be to use a stock bios and see if ME is back. If not it might be hardware.

If that works: Revert the relevant changes and try if ME is back.

i try it not fixed!!!maybe need new bios or newer firmware update because same firmware or older cannot install again

You’d need to program a complete stock firmware with fpt or a programmer to be sure that you start with an empty NVRAM.

FPT i know is tool need extrernal hardware?

i force that ENABLED USER is best choice?

Are the “RGN” and “EXTR” sufixes in the paragraph taken from Win-Raid Guide correct? It seems that they should be the other way around, I mean where “RGN” is should be “EXTR” and vice versa:

Edit by Fernando: The quoted text has been formatted by me to make it clearly visible as such.

@rcorreia
As you may have already realized, I have moved your post into the already existing and much better matching thread. This way the author of the related Guide will get notified about your request/note and can reply to it.

@plutomaniac JFYI

1 Like
  • Unconfigured is marked as “RGN” (short for Stock “Region” → terrible abbreviation)
  • Configured and Initialized are marked as “EXTR” (short for “Extracted” Region)

Thanks Dieter! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @plutomaniac I’m trying to enable PTT.
i have ptt enabled in me but disabled in fpf i followed csme 11 and enabled ptt initial powerup state but the build that fit give’s me is corrupt in some way, pc starts bios but all my drives are gone except 2 (6 drive included my os in a nvme is always missing) and after a couple reboot the pc start a infinite cycle of power on/off and then i have to reflash previus bios with a programmer

I tried bios with initialized and fresh bios from asus(pasted mac and uid with fd44) and modded that with amibcp to see all the ptt and firmware related in bios (currently using this).

asu-z170-a

also chipset showing as kabylake in bios

tt.rar (2.0 KB)