[Guide] Clean Dumped Intel Engine (CS)ME/(CS)TXE Regions with Data Initialization

I have error like this my board LA-9771P dell M4800 https://ufile.io/shel5

[[File:Bez tytu?u.png|right|fullsize]]

The image is not full, the system must have a 2nd SPI chip so you need to dump & merge both of them before cleaning.

how to merge it?

With a hex editor, first the one you linked above (larger one) and then the other.

Thanks for the advice, I merge my dumbs, I received 2 "outimage" 8mb and 4mb. do I need to replace the contents of both on my motherboard?

The Engine region is within the first 8MB chip so you can flash only that one if you like.

I think I did everything ok, but my laptop does not work after uploading a new bios. Can you verify this for me?

https://ufile.io/j3uya

Ok, I can verify that you did everything correctly (dumping, merging, cleaning) as I got the exact same results. So the ME firmware should be healthy and operational. Since it doesn’t boot, try removing all power (AC + Battery, RTC not needed) & memory dimms for a few minutes and press the power button 2-3 times while you wait. If it still doesn’t boot, I suspect that the problem is not ME but rather BIOS related. In that case, maybe your problems are due to BIOS corruption and not ME.

my problem from the beginning was that the fan speed was at the maximum speed all the time

The Engine is healthy so the problem is with the BIOS.

Hello, today I reprogrammed the BIOS with a charge from another M4800 and cleaned the ME, but it did not help in any way the laptop behaves all the time in the same way.

Well as long as the ME is cleaned/configured and MEInfo & MEManuf report everything as being ok, the problem is not there. It could be bad BIOS or EC firmware or maybe even too much dust or similar hardware issues which are causing the fan to work at max speed all the time.

Sorry for the late reply. I finally get the device boot up with the ME region you made .The issue was the High Sierra caused the partition map issue that I had to reformat the drive once it boots after I reflash the file. I was running around and did not get much time to work on it as well so took me over a month to get the work finished.
While I was working with the device and searching some files with hope to make things simple, I found some tool it said to be only two clicks required to clean the ME region so i downloaded to try. It doesn’t seem to really work as I noticed it just made the files to Raw region. I uploaded it in case you might be interested to take a look at the file. I have no idea what it does and how it works other than the instruction given.

Intel Easy Clean Me.zip (67.2 KB)

Newer version of that tool here, found it was this file via virustotal check, and see in details this creators name (kolyandex)
https://github.com/kolyandex/Intel-ME-re…jector/releases

Hi, here is my history, maybe you could help me with this:

I have a HP Z210 working properly as Windows Domain Controller with Server 2016 Essentials. Just bought another Z210 for the same job and I got into trouble.

First one (Good one), got OS installed like a champ and didn’t need any extra driver to be ready. If I enter the BIOS settings screen I can see “ME Firmware Version” and “ME Management Mode” populated and also have an extra option in the advanced menu to activate/deactivate AMT and unconfigure it (never touch them or pay attention to it until now)

Second one got OS installed BUT drivers for HECI didn’t get installed right and also de onboard Gigabit LAN do not work. Lot of searching, trying drivers and so, anything worked. I realized that in the BIOS settings both ME related fields (“ME Firmware Version” and “ME Management Mode” are blank and that I do not have the extra option for the AMT thing in the advanced menu. So I began hunting that way and found your INCREDIBLE and AWESOME forum.

So, I managed to get a complete BIOS DUMP from the “Good” Z210, clean it, prepare and build it, everything fine, but when I tried to flash it with fpt I got a BIOS region locked message (previously I managed to unlock the thing via shorting a couple of pins in the audio chip).

So I read that I can’t flash that way and that AMIBIOS flash could do the job. I tried it and everything went as expected, did the fpt -greset and rebot the machine. I got the new BIOS version but ME related fields at the BIOS settings are still blank and same problems in the OS, it seems like the AMIBIOS tool didn’t flash the ME region???

In this machines you have to update BIOS separately from ME, but I can’t update ME because something is wrong with the firmware and flasher utility can’t “talk” with the chip.

I suppose the only way is to extract the chip and flash it via hardware and rework it on the mobo, correct?

You probably have a locked Flash Descriptor and cannot re-flash the Engine region. The two pin shorting at the audio chip says that much. Check the [Guide] Unlock Intel Flash Descriptor Read/Write Access Permissions for SPI Servicing first. When you have read/write access, you should dump the 2nd system’s SPI/BIOS chip and follow the CleanUp Guide on that.

"OEM Public Key Hash" field is not empty,but there is nothing else?what should i do next?
[[File:QQ??20180707111620.png|none|auto]]

ALIENWARE_17_R3.part01.rar (2 MB)

ALIENWARE_17_R3.part02.rar (2 MB)

ALIENWARE_17_R3.part03.rar (1.42 MB)

bios file upload!
[[File:QQ??20180707122015.png]]

QQ??20180707111620.png

QQ??20180707122015.png

The instructions say to go to “Platform Protection > Platform Integrity” but there is no such field in your Flash Image Tool so it’s not for you.

Hi, I also have a problem with Alienware 17R3 since the Smip signature item is missing in Fitc, but I also checked it on the Lenovo 300-15isk i7-6500U processor, this item is missing and there (maybe it depends on the Fits version?) Can be still what that decision, thanks
PS I apologize for my English

@virginlulu & @Adleon - The guide tells you how to continue with the Alienware Key Hash issue, create dummy has file w/ OpenSSL, see step #7 in full under CSME 11-12 section
You should be using FIT from Intel CSME System Tools v11 r12