[Guide] CoffeeLake CPUs on Skylake and KabyLake mainboards

@dj-dave Try to mod older BIOS version :wink:

Hi,my motherboard is Z170X Gaming 7 - I want to run i7-9700k and be compatible with Skylake
I downgrade bios on my motherborad. ME it was reduced 11.8 to 11.6 Can I do a flash bios without using the programmer? How to change the mac address on my motherborad. I have two network adapters.

@HOPSI Hi,
just before I deep dive into the modding guide, did you have any success with the ASUS PRIME Z270-A? Would there be an already modded bios somewhere for 8700k and so on?
Though I am a developer, I feel not so comfortable that no specific Asus instruction are given.
Cheers

Hi every one
@Laki1231
you can use automatic tool "coffee time" to do all thing
Dear @svarmod I just bought pentium g5400, my mainboard is z170x gaming 5 (im running with g4900 without isolate or connect pin cpu). I want to try mod g5400, but i dont know what is the best isolate for my cpu. Could you have me?

Yeah! I was success with gigabyte cpu’s pin map from @svarmod. Special thank @svarmod and every one. I’m using pentium G5400, but i’m affraid if i get i5 8400. Can any one using mainboard giga and i5, i7 help me?

CofeeTime show shows only one address. :frowning:

Can I do a flash bios without using the programmer

Which pins need to be isolated and which ones to connect

Help me please

You need do export your live UEFI and mod the image. Then correct MACs are already inside. Extraction and rewrite can be done using Pinmod and FIT if UEFI is unlocked, which is most likely not the case. If there is no specific pinmod to unlock Gaming 7, you will need programmer both for extraction and rewrite. Regular pinmod works on freely accessible, old Realtec audio codecs, but Z170 Gaming 7 got a covered, contemporary Creative codec.

Can you do this for me? I will gladly pay.

No. To export the UEFI of YOUR mainboard including YOUR MACs, one needs physical access to YOUR mainboard :wink:

I prepared bios for H110M-STX. You may try to use it.

Is this bios compatible with Coffee Lake only or Coffee Lake and also Kaby Lake?

Thanks for your work.

clear_me must be used before or after coffetime?

Guys, just a quick one,
Pls answer me,
Should I take this guide step by step to mod my Asus prime z270 a in order to run a 8700k or even 9xxxk?
Will it still be retrocompatible?
If so could you point me to the bios version to start with?
Thanks a bunch

I can do export for someone who will prepare me a bios. After downgrade the bios I have ME 11.6 do I have to use a programmer?
I can not use INTEL FIT

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZqZObx…8lKM4wQ9B1a-3ov

Please help me create mod bios

up

I have Asus G20ci h270, use coffe time and Revlaay automated tool for the mod and flash it with ch341a programmer, it works prefectly with i5 9400f (without cpu pin mod)
Then i purchased i9 9900k, but its not working, splash screen logo appear after swith on pc, but then just freeze, i turn off and turn on the pc again still the same, sometimes its just keep restart over n over again.
After all effort, finally I manged to get this i9 9900k working by disabling the hyper threading, so its only 8thread. Any idea how to make this i9 9900k work with HT enable?
Any help I ll be very gratefull.

llllllllllll

Hi i have an asrock z270 itx gaming planning in buying a 9400f for it. Do i need to buy a programmer? Any help would be appreciated.

unfortunately people don’t really help newbies here as I notice, they just tend to respond to hyper precise issues related to some “near death” experience while trying to fit cpus to their MB :frowning:

Even experienced users usually do not have tried more than 1-2 mainboards and CPUs. They know about technical backgrounds and can give advice on a specific problems, but they do not know whether specific problems are likely to occure with certain models. Even boards from the same generation from the same manufacturer, the same price segment and with almost the same layout can make a huge difference. Sometimes even the installed UEFI is important, because UEFI downgrade can be more difficult than an UEFI upgrade from a old board that has never been updated. E.g. I did not need programmer for Asus Z170 Sabertooth but for Z170 ranger.

One needs programmer when descriptor region is locked or when ME region is locked AND an ME too old or too new is installed or when one does not want to use illegal copies of UEFI flash tools AND there is no onboard flash function that does accept modded files. Only the owner can check which of these criteria do apply.