[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS

@euranoo Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
You forgot to mention the manufacturer and model of your mainboard within your help request post, but according to its native title it is a Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite V2 and has an AMI UEFI BIOS.
Since your request seems to match perfectly the topic of this already existing thread, I have moved your post into it.
Questions: How did you insert the ReBar.ffs module into the BIOS and how did you try to flash the modded BIOS?
Please look into the first post of this thread and read carefully the text about how to flash amodded Gigabyte BIOS. If you should have additional questions or any problem while following the advices, please post them into this thread.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I got a laptop aorus and fptw dont work cause of an error 201 cannot be run on this current platfrom contact your seller. So how can i flash it without it ?

@Boris510
Please read the first post of this thread.
There was no reason to start a new thread.

Can this be used to flash an official Asrock BIOS for a recent chipset(Z790)?

To be exact I am trying to flash latest BIOS for Asrock Z790 RS Pro Wifi Mobo with official ROM but BIOS doesn’t load while Windows does.

Is UBU suggested or AMIAFU tool better?

@anutrix
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
This thread is not valid for the flash of an original BIOS, which has been delivered by the mainboard manufacturer.

What does this mean? What exactly have you tried to do?

A post was merged into an existing topic: [OFFER] Asus Q87M-E- v3801 BIOS with added NVMe Support

Asus WS C422 Pro/SE mainboard gives “10 - Error: Unable to load driver.” under Windows 11 with AFUWIN64 tool v3.05.04.

Any suggestions? please help!

or

Thanks for your help, unfortunately I have moved to Antalya/Manavgat for the summer. When I will return to Ankara I will try! :blush:

Under Windows 11, AFUWINGUI.exe v3.05.04 does not work at all. :frowning:

Can it may run at Windows 10?

I have tried with AFUWINGUI v5.13.00.05, it run, but error message!

Stage :
Failed!

Address:
0xFFFFFFFF

Note:
AFUWIN_3.05.04 works on my Windows 10 notebook.

For AMI APTIO IV bioses not modern V.

For AMI APTIO V Bioses not IV

Both versions run on Wind 1x

I have tried with Aptio V AFUWINGUI v5.13.00.05, those error messages appeared. Both for moded and original bios. Thus Aptio V bios variant does not work for C422 variant maybe.

AMI tools are only referred in this guide due to the fact, that the last 3.05 version still accepted the /GAN cmd and let flashing mod bios (Modified Bios files), no other upper versions would succeed in this switch, this version was only viable for old bios types from AMI, Aptio IV core, understood now?
I dont care about any chipset here, this motherboard uses Aptio V Core bios, so the old flash 3.05 /GAN wont work and the latest AMI tools DO NOT ALLOW flashing mod files, understood now?
The board features USB BFB feature…did you read the damm guide about this feature, clearly not, for sure or you wouldn’t still be here doing stupid tryouts with official modern AMI tools and expecting to flash modified bios files on a motherboard.
Over_n_OUT of here.

I have Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 and it has intel ethernet on board so if i remember correctly the serial number must be written to modded BIOS right? If this is true where can I find a guide how to do this? Im going to use flashrom to flash modified bios.

@euranoooo
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
Which Serial number do you mean? i have an ASRock x570 mainboard with an on-board Intel Ethernet Controller as well, but never had a problem with any Serial number after having flashed a modded BIOS.

Nevermind probably i missunderstand something. So should I just download bios from manufacturuer, add ffs module I want, remove all AmdSpiRomProtectDxe modules and flash it using flashrom is that correct? Or removing protection modules is not necessary?

@euranoooo
According to my recent tests the Flashrom v1.2 Utilities may not work with the latest ASRock X570 Series mainboard BIOSes.

What about using external programmer? Can the modified bios program into chip like that? Why still people not managed to find a good solution here?

I have managed to find a related topic at: UEFIPatch: BIOS patches for C422, C621/C622, X299 based motherboards - vanilla (unpatched) kernel & native power management - UEFI | InsanelyMac

But the “patches.txt” (https://www.insanelymac.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=344875) can be downloaded after log in. [Look to the latest note at the bottom!]

“./UEFIPatch <ROM/CAP/Bios Image file for your motherboard> -o <patched bios file name, can be whatever you want>” can it work? I have no idea…

Lets start by downloading from “Release 0.28.0 · LongSoft/UEFITool · GitHub” [UEFIPatch_0.28.0_win32UEFIPatch.exe.zip] UEFIPatch_0.28.0_win32.zip file. It has 3 files in it.

UEFIPatch.exe
patches-misc.txt
patches.txt → This file will be replaced!

Finally the command input: ./UEFIPatch <ROM/CAP/Bios Image file for your motherboard> -o <patched bios file name, can be whatever you want>
--------------------------------- oooooooooooooooo --------------------------
BUT, I am not sure about, the patch file is only related with Hackintosh or not!

Then are the original UEFIPatch_0.28.0_win32.zip contents are enough for flashing the bios that we are looking for or not! Any ideas?

Latest note: According to this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-uefipatch-patches-unlock-0xe2-0x1aa-boot-catalina-without-any-kernel-patches-native-power-mgmt-on-c422-c620-and-some-x299-motherboards.293629/

Patches.txt is downloadable from there, but it is related with Macs only!

Without the Patches.txt the UEFIPatch command makes modifications to the second file. I have tried the result, but Asus bios tool said: It is not a proper bios!

@karakarga
What has your last post to do with the topic of this thread?

Fernando,
This seems a way of flashing new mainboards. Lets ask others their ideas!