[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS

Thank you @MeatWar ! First I had to extract the body (in Uefitool) because of size, then "programmed" it onto the IC - put it back onto MB - removed battery and changed jumper postion (CLRTC) for about 30secs - then tried a start but it didnt work.
Unfortunately with the "original extracted body" and the modified as well, so I suppose I fried something on the board?

Could you tell me if Im doing something drastically wrong? If not I think the last hope could be an already (nvme) working/flashed Bios (maybe @wfreetree could help out?)
And do you think, if nothing works, to give it a try with a new bought eeprom?
Really appreciate your patience and help!

Just focus on the original bios, not mods yet. U need to first get the board working.
Usually this is due to soft versions, as i said before.

Use UEFItool NE51, extract the UEFI image from the AMI Aptio Capsule, ull get a *.ROM, this is the correct procedure.

@MeatWar , thank you so much! Its working now with the mod, the UEFItool NE alpha 51 was the solution!
Really appreciate your help!

I am currently attempting this on an Asus Z99 Pro Gamer, and I am hitting a roadblock.

Since I do not want to install Windows just for this, I am using TianoCore to launch an EFI shell (for some odd reason, Asus is refusing to let me use the built in one, telling me to disable Secure Boot, when it already is disabled), and AfuEFI to flash the modded firmware (removed the capsule header via UEFITool from Linux on my laptop).

Flashing the .cap works fine, however when attempting to use the /GAN option, I just get the answer that it is an unrecognized command, despite the fact that the included changelog explicitly mentions /GAN’s existence as a hidden option.

AfuEFI 3.07.01

@moriel5

The /GAN syntax option only works with the Aptio IV AMIAFUwin 3.05.04, not higher versions.

Thanks, my current version is one I had downloaded some time in the past few years.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t find the EFI variant at that version, so I turned to AFUDOS, and it is refusing to flash the image, since the file size does not match the currently installed firmware.

I am trying to flash the file from https://github.com/imperse/ASUS_BIOS_REPO

The cause of the problem was that I inserted USB stick into random USB port while it should be inserted into the specific USB port.

After I inserted USB stick into correct USB port I was able to update modded BIOS using Asus USB Flashback method.

I tried editing the bios with AMIBCP, but I wasn’t able to flash with Asus Flashback. I had no issues flashing bios with updated modules.
Any suggestion, please?

@gpvecchi :
You can only flash a capsuled *.CAP BIOS file by using the ASUS USB Flashback feature. Please read Lost_N_BIOS’s advice, which is in the second passage of >this< post.

Thanks, probably it’s because AMIBCP creates an unsigned CAP file, I’ll try the HEX editing suggested in that post.

Hello there
I have a Gigabyte G1.Sniper B5 motherboard, I just bought a PCI for NVMe I must update the Bios to get it to boot with Windows, I need help.
Thanks

@vinicioloria
Easy done here: [HowTo] Get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS
U can share then ur mod and later we can verify it before flashing.

@vinicioloria : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Why did you post your request into this thread?
Have you already modified the BIOS and don’t know how to get it properly flashed?
If you want to insert the required NVMe module into the BIOS yourself, please follow the guide, which had been linked by MeatWar. Otherwise you should better start a “BIOS Modding Request” within the related Sub-Forum.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)
P.S.: I have deleted your unneeded and double posts.

Hello there
I have the following Gigabyte G1.Sniper B5 motherboard, I just bought and installed a PCI with an NVME disk in the pci express x16 slot, but when I turned on the computer it did not boot to start the windows installation, I think my motherboard does not recognize the NVME device, what should I do to make it appear in the Bios.

@vinicioloria :

If you want to boot off the NVMe SSD, you or someone else should insert the required NVMe EFI module into the BIOS and flash the modded BIOS into the mainboard’s BIOS chip. Please read the related guide, which has been linked by MeatWar, and stop posting into this thread.

MSI bios “APTIO5” gt75 7re
find bios lock "UEFItool + IFR extractor"
GUI 899407D7-99FE-43D8-9A21-79EC328CAC21

bios unlock in "mod current bios"
http://ruexe.blogspot.com/
DUMP / FLASH - FPT

now testing UBU for update MICROCODE // RST rom"s
works fine

full guide .,.what I used
“MSI notebook” APTIO5 GT75 7re
http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/…-issues.812372/

and useful advice from Lost_N_BIOS:
[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS (50)

Edit by Fernando: Fully quoted posts removed or replaced by a link (to save space)

The AFUWINX64 attached to the first post does not have working /GAN option.
Same command with AFUDOS found in the 46th reply does have /GAN option.
Can anyone provide AFUWINX64 with valid /GAN?

@whatnameisit :

There is no AFUWINX64 attached to the start post.

If you want to flash a modded BIOS, it is better to use the AFUDOS tool.

@Fernando
Download the appropriate AFU tool from the AMI websites. The download link to the “AMIBIOS and Aptio AMI Firmware Update Utility” can be found >here<.
Attention: The " /GAN" command suffix is not supported by the latest AMI AFU Tools!
Users, who are running a 64bit Windows OS and want to flash a modded AMI Aptio IV BIOS, can download the AFUWIN64 tool v3.05.04 from >here<.

I would assume after stating that the latest tool does not have /GAN, “users are to download >here<” would mean I could find the tool with /GAN.
I do have AFUDOS. But it would not work in x64 mode. Needing to use AFUWINX64 is related to my first thread: USB2 disabled and UEFI only, so no way to use AFUDOS to my knowledge in this case. If there is no AFUWINX64 with /GAN, that’s fine. I found out flashing the original BIOS image does not require /GAN after my previous reply here.
Right now, I need to find out what options I need to feed AFUWINX64 to reset to default.