[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS

I have dumped a MSI E7996 BIOS (Board=MSI H110M-PRO-VH) with FPTW.exe -d E7996IMS.bin

I have modified the uCode with UBU and resaved as E7996IMS.2I1 (the name of the lastflashed firmware that this was extracted from)

I would like to use M-FLASH to do this, should it work?

Uploaded dump and modded files.

mod_E7996IMS.zip (5.05 MB)

E7996IMS.zip (5.05 MB)

Not advisableā€¦ dumps made with Intel FPT tool should be flashed with same tool as long as bios access regions r unlocked.
U can test by flashing the current original untouched dump.
Using M-Flash is best to use/edit an original MSI bios file (same version as the system has already) as they r complete with Intel ME FW image on it.

@MeatWar :
Thanks. It was status ā€˜unlockedā€™ in HWiNFO, so I tried what you suggested. This was successful, so it gave me the confidence to try the modded file (I had already updated the ME using FW Update as Iā€™m comfortable using that tool).
It worked just fine.

Edit by Fernando: Unneeded fully quoted post replaced by directly addressing (to save space)

Hello;

I am stucked while i mod my Asus BIOS. I got error from EZFlash "Selected file is not a proper BIOS!"
After i changed some seetings on AMIBCP (5.02.0031) i got error :frowning: Also i did NOT change any settings (I mean i did just open BIOS file and save directly; without change anything) Also i got error! :frowning:
What is wrong? What to do? Is there any solution?

If this is importand: My MB Model is;
ASUS TUF GAMING B450M-PLUS II

Thank You for your HELP!

U told u that u just can flash mod bios files and Asus security didnt complained about itā€¦ dumb people playing with tools that dont know wot their doing instead of trying to read a bit and learn.
Now search and read on the forum if u want.

@arma : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
I have moved your "Need Help" request into this already existing thread, where you can find answers to your questions within the start post.
By the way - the BIOS modification itself is safe. The only risky procedure is the flashing one.
Good luck and Merry Christmas!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you again!
But i did read and do most of the things right! But i doesnt work! I will try to explain what i didā€¦

1) I did edit-modify Orginal Asus BIOS with AMIBCP v5.02.0031. Then i did save it. Also i did check if AMIBCP can re-open that file and my settings are correct? I checked this. Until here everythig fine. Also i did change the boot logo with Change Logo for Aptio v5.00.0002. (This is to be sure if BIOS update procedure is OKAY! or NOT!)
Anyway; Normally EZFlash dont update! We know thisā€¦ I did try to Flashback!
Then It worked! I saw the boot logo changed. But when i enter the BIOS inside :frowning: My settings was not setted :frowning: I mean notting happened inside of seetings side :frowning: But logo changed :frowning: (This means BIOS updated with mine, but settings NOT!)
Now, I dont know what to do?
I dont know if i can send the BIOS file (mine) from hereā€¦ Maybe some one can help me more :frowning:

I am stuckedā€¦

No u didnt read nothing and didnt learned nothing. AMIBCP breaks the biosā€¦ didnt u figured this out yet???
Specially AMI Core Aptio V bios files, the method was depreciated in favour of IFRextract/HEX edit variables.
Alternative method, still with high risk of failure, and as always the extraction with uefitool of the bios image from the capsule file, edit then append back for USB BFF only.

EDIT: Sry i dont understand what u want, wot u edited and how and wot files u have now beside the original CAP.
Already provided u enough guidance the rest is ur task only to research and learn.

I do everything until Extract file with UEFITool AMI Aptio capsule Signed from Orginal ASUS ROM. I have 3 files nowā€¦ 1 is orginal ROM, other one is my edited file and third one is This exctracted file.
Could you please explain what to do?
Maybe my english is not good enough to understand everything properly.

I want to flash modified BIOS on my ASUS TUF GAMING B450M Plus II

I did all the steps until i extract with UEFITool AMI Aptio capsule Signed and also the same with modified BIOS
I have 4 files nowā€¦

1) Orginal ASUS ROM
2) Modified BIOS
3) Capsule file signed from Orginal BIOS (Extracted with UEFITool)
4) Capsule file unsigned from modified BIOS (Extracted with UEFITool)

Now what will i do? I am confusedā€¦

The amount of replies with issues made me decide to stop learning and seek for help unlocking my bios. Nonetheless, thank you for the guide :slight_smile:

Hello

Before doing anything, I prefer to ask. I saw while typing my motherboard in the search bar - ASUS Z9PR-D12 - that maybe you offer a custom bios for this type of MB? I really need it for a graphics card that does not want to be recognized by the MB. And unfortunately I cannot read 67 pages! :slight_smile: Thank you so much!

@AlexON.ca

To notify a specific user, use @username
Theres a search box on the forum and if users have no time to search and read, certainly wont be others to do ur task or use their own time instead of u.
The bios mod that exists on this forum has a specific modification regarding NVMe.
If this is not ur objective, post ur request on the appropriate section and all u can do wait if any user can help u.
In the meanwhile while ur waiting for some tips, u can enrich urself and see user experiences in similar posts regarding ur objective.

EDIT: Hey buddy ur confused with words and intentions, its only good advices

@MeatWar
Hey, Iā€™m always nice in my comments. If you can do the same, thank you. And no, no one is asking to read 67 pages, and I donā€™t ask for them to be read to me either. Your comment and your nonsense are not constructive! If you donā€™t like it, go your way! I came here to get help, not to be judged. And please, use correct English, instead of using sounds, such as u, for you, etc. That too is a lack of respect for the readers. Thank you.

Edit by Fernando: Nickname of the adressee added

@mrjayviper :
Do you have always your BIOS Custom for the MB ASUS Z9PR-D12?

Edit by Fernando: Unneeded fully quoted post replaced by directly addressing to the author

@Fernando Excuse me but I dont understand your note.

@AlexON.ca

Please read and follow #15 of our Forum ā€œRulesā€.
Advantages:
1. It saves space within the thread and increases the readability.
2. The addressee will be notified about your contribution.

i turned on SGX using the software enable on github and now my ubuntu livecd has graphical glitches on the screen it also says no EPC counters when booting up i heard that turning it off from the bios is the only way to disable it

i dunno if this is the right thread to post but is there a way to unlock aptio setup bios i wanna fix my celeron laptop i tried browsing for key combinations but none of them worked i also removed the battery and the bios didnt reset itself

brand ZSCmall 512GB ssd 8gb 2133 ram 14 inch screen
some info about the BIOS i wrote down
bottom Version 2.19.1268 Copyright 2020 American Megatrends
Core Version 5.13 Compliancy UEFI 2.7; PI 1.6
BIOS Version K66_S133G_V1.20_P2S2D2P0_XC

@pcmanfm56 : This thread is only about how to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS. Reports and requests about other topics should be posted either into an already existing matching thread or into a new one.

ok thanks sorry about that