[Guide] Integration of drivers into a Win7-11 Image

Hi,

I want to install Win10 Pro from scratch on a Asus P5B Deluxe Board (Intel P965/ICH8R Chipset) in Raid mode (Raid 0 for SSD, Raid5 for HDD).

I plan to use your modded BIOS (with OROM 11.2.0.1527) and then use the Driver version 11.2.0.1006.

Regards

Maverick3

@ maverick3:
Thanks for answering my questions.
You can and should integrate the Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL (only the file named iaStor.inf has to be chosen), because this official Intel driver supports all Intel SATA RAID Controllers from ICH8R up.
Good luck!

Glad I found this, I have a new XPS 2016 model and needed to add drivers to be able to boot.
Once again a guide that is easy to understand :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I have installed installed Win 10 x64 onto my Z68 system and am running RAID0 on 2 drives for storage of data (not C:).

I installed the latest v14.8.0.1042 driver and found the performance to be horrible and unstable. After some googling I ended up here and realised that I should never have done that!

Now my question is whether that is any way I can downgrade to the "classic" drivers 11.2.0.1006 without completely re-installing windows? I hope so! Would it help if I actually change my system back to AHCI mode via Safe Boot (my RAID0 is empty currently), somehow uninstall the IAStorA.sys and then install the IAStor.sys?

If this is not possible then I guess my best option is to downgrade to may be RST(e) v12.9.4.1000?

Thanks for your help!

@dkc :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Since you have posted a rather similar question within another thread, you can find my answer >here<.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello Fernando!
First off, very nice guide as always.
I got one question. I integrated Intel AHCI driver (this one) to my Windows 7 x64 image. Do i really need to modify/customize the BOOT.WIM file like you said in chapter ā€œCā€ as well or its just optional? Whats the matter of this?
P.S. I am not going to use any RAID configs.
P.S.S. I also integrated Intel i218-V lan driver, ASMedia 106x SATA, Intel USB 3.0, AMDA00, Intel MEI Driver infā€¦ Do i need to integrate some of them to BOOT.WIM as well? I am kinda confusedā€¦

Edit:
I created an ISO using NTLite and installed Windows on Virtual Box, but unfortunately after first installation reboot I got error ā€œ0xc0000098ā€ ifm63x64.sys file missing or corrupt. As far as I know itā€™s related to the Intel lan driver. However, NTLite has done itā€™s job without any warnings/errors. I tried searching for this file in the ISO file content and nothing foundā€¦

Only storage drivers, which are absolutely required to detect the system drive, have to be integrated into the BOOT.WIM as well.
Since all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up have a generic AHCI driver "on board", there is no need to integrate it as a formerly named "TEXTMODE DRIVER".

I suspect, that you have integrated either a wrong or a 32bit Intel LAN driver. Both will not work.

I suspect, that you have integrated either a wrong or a 32bit Intel LAN driver. Both will not work. [/quote]

It was this one (PROWinx64)
Including all sub- folder. Should I choose only the actual driver? If so, wich folder do I have to take? Problem is, I donā€™t really know my ndis versionā€¦

Yes. It is never a good idea to integrate more than the really required drivers.

Check the exact driver name and its version from within the "Network adapters" section of the Device Manager, search for the related INF file named OEMxx.inf within the Windows\INF directory and integrate just the related original INF file.

Thank you. I will give it a try as far as I get home.
Itā€™s also bad idea to post here from the phone :slight_smile:

Edit:
Do you mean only one INF file? Without any DLLā€™s or SYS files?
Sorry, my English isnā€™t good, so I am worried about misunderstanding

Edit #2:
@Fernando
Thanks for your replies and advices!
I found this:

So i took only the NDIS62 (which is located in ā€¦\PROWinx64\PRO1000\Winx64) folder for integrating drivers and it worked (means no errors during installation).

Edit #3:
All drivers are integrated and working fine on real machine. Cheers!

Hi Fernando, Iā€™m new to this forum and so glad to be one of the members.
My question is:
I tried to follow your guide and everything went OK until on the driver option, I cannot add any drivers.
I tried using INF or folder for multiple drivers but nothing happens, as if I did not do anything.
I was able to select the drivers I want but after clicking OK, nothing happens.

Please help. Thanks.

@bgt :

Questions:
1. Which driver(s) did you try to integrate?
2. Which point of my guide didnā€™t work?
3. What exactly did you do?
4. How did you realize, that "nothing happened"?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello, Fernando!

Iā€™ve integrated the Intel SATA AHCI controller drivers successfully into the Win7 installation media many times using the free version of NTLite.

However Iā€™m unable to integrate the Intel SATA AHCI controller drivers for Intel 7 Series chipset SATA AHCI controller (Intel Panther Point HM76, Intel Sandy Bridge). After the installation Win7 still uses some standard driver for the sata controller even though I remove all drivers that could be removed with NTLite Free. Chipset, ethernet, wifi, webcam drivers integrate successfully. Updating the 7 Series chipset SATA AHCI controller manually (using the same ahci drivers) works. I tried with Intel SATA AHCI v11.1.0.1006 which are on the laptopā€™s website drivers section. I downloaded older / newer versions - nothing works. They all install fine manually but donā€™t install if I integrate them with NTLite Free. I tried to integrate the drivers via INSTALL.WIM and BOOT.WIM. It didnā€™t work either way. USB-drive / optical drive - doesnā€™t matter. HP laptop, Toshiba SATA-II hard drive.

Iā€™m running out of ideas. Integrating Intel SATA AHCI controller drivers into Win7 for other PCs / laptops works flawlessly.

@ivanov3030 :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks fo your interesting report.

I have no idea why you didnā€™t succeed with the integration of the Intel AHCI driver while trying to install Win7 onto an Intel HM76 chipset system. It has definitively nothing to do with the usage of the free version of NTLite.
Maybe Nuhi knows the answer. You can send him a PM.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

1 Like

RESOLVED!
There should be no blank space in the folderā€™s name where the AHCI driver resides.

Strangely enough ā€œCard Readerā€ works (for the card reader driver anyway) but ā€œSATA Floppy Imageā€ doesnā€™t work for the AHCI driver.
I donā€™t know if this is a Win7 limitation / bug or itā€™s related to NTLite free.
IMHO NTLite should display a warning when you add AHCI drivers from a folder that contain blank spaces in its name.

Iā€™m going to rename all folders containing drivers for integration. Just in case :wink:

@ivanov3030 :
Thanks for your feedback! It is fine, that you were able solve your problem yourself.

Didnā€™t you know that?
By the way: The personal folders (C:\Users&lt;Username>&lt;foldername>) should never be used for the storage or the processing with nLite or NTLite.

@Ivanov3030:
There maybe in internal limit for the length of fully qualified directory name for files used with NTLite!
That could be the explanation why ā€œā€¦\Card Reader\xyz.infā€ worked and ā€œā€¦\SATA Floppy Image\blablabla.infā€ exceeds this limit.

If you ever work with Abbodiā€™s esd-decrypter-wimlib for decrypting MSā€™ ESD file to ISOs you have to follow
"- Extract this package contents to a folder with simple path (example: C:\ESD)." (Quote from ReadMe.txt)

Regards, Nemo

Hi Fernando,

Firstly, Iā€™m trying to customize a Windows 10 64-bit English US version ISO, and seeing that Iā€™m very new to all these, I really hope you can help me out.

So as I was integrating drivers into the ISO using NTlite, as I was integrating the Thunderbolt driver, where there are 6 .inf files, two of the files cannot be integrated (tp2p70i.inf and tbt70i.inf). The reason given by NTlite was ā€œwrong architectureā€. The other four files can be integrated (tp2p70x.inf, tp2p81x.inf, tbt70x.inf, tbt81x.inf)

What does wrong architecture mean? Is it referring to the ISO that I am customizing? Or is it referring to the computer that I am using NTlite on?

More importantly, how can I fix this problem?

Thanks for reading and I will really appreciate it if you could help me understand more!

@MoosePlus :

The related driver doesnā€™t match the architecture (32bit resp. 64bit) of the OS image you want to customize.
Intel obviously has put the 32bit and 64bit Thunderbolt drivers into the same package.

There is nothing to be fixed by you. Be happy, that NTLite sorted out the drivers with the wrong architecture (here: the 32bit ones).
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi, and thanks for the reply and for the useful information!

So if I understand correctly, NTlite helped me eliminate the 32bit drivers, so I integrate the 64bit drivers into the ISO?

Anyway thanks again for your guide and to the creator of NTlite! :slight_smile: