[Guide] Integration of Intels AHCI/RAID drivers into a WinXP/W2k3/W2k CD

I can confirm that none of the respective links work. Maybe they work for you because you’re logged into your account on both the cloud services. Try opening them in an incognito window or another browser please, without being logged into both accounts.

1. MEGA link:

2. OneDrive link:

@FatomX:
Please give me the exact driver names, whose links do not work.

The links for Latest Intel Chipset Device INF Files v10.1.x.xx WHQL (for modern systems with UEFI BIOS) are down, both the original and the mirror.

@FantomX :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum and thanks for the details of your find.

Meanwhile I have corrected the related part of the start post.
You can find working download links to the Intel Chipset Device INF files (for modern Intel chipsets) within the start post of >this< thread.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks for the warm welcome and prompt feedback @Fernando :slight_smile:
Got the files I needed. :slight_smile:

Fernando can you help me with installing Windows XP on Acer ES1-131 machine, with SSD drive. I tried installing XP via USB DVD optical drive and USB stick without a luck. My device IDs are:

I always get bsod 0x00000007b before installation process, the moment when the installer loaded drivers and before menu to start setup. Legacy mode is enabled in the bios.

@litk :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

These are my tips:
1. Make sure, that you use a “clean” (= untouched original) XP image with integrated SP2 or SP3 as source.
2. Integrate only the mod+signed Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 and choose the support of just the Intel SATA AHCI Controller DEV_22A3.
3. Don’t integrate any other driver.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks for a reply. Done that, I used clean Home Edition XP disk, but again the same bsod.

The 0x00000007b BSOD indicates a wrong/not matching driver. So if you have integrated just 1 driver - as I suggested - either this driver or the checked Controller support was wrong or your “clean” XP was not really clean (maybe already processed before).

It is very clean: http://oi64.tinypic.com/14c4mbq.jpg

Is good also: http://oi65.tinypic.com/2lcp53m.jpg
In nlite I just integrate this one: http://oi68.tinypic.com/zlfk8.jpg

@litk :
Did you really
a) restart the nLite processing from scratch using your “untouched” XP image as source,
b) just integrate the mod+signed Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 by choosing just the support of the DEV_22A3 SATA AHCI Controller without letting nLite do any other tasks and
c) unplug all storage and USB devices except the bootable XP media and the target HDD/SSD before starting the XP installation?

All correct.

Then I cannot help you.
From whom did you get the XP CD with a hologram? Does ot contain a file named WINNT.SIF within the i386 directory?

From the store, a long ago. I tried different cds also.

No.
I discovered now that Windows 7 installation fails also, the installer can not find disk drivers. Only Windows 8.1 and above works on this machine.

Thanks for the info, which may explain your problems to get XP installed.

I just install XP SP3 with your Sata driver with DEV_A282 for brandnew Asus Apex ROG Maximus X,
chipset 1151 with Z370,
this I have not seen before on an Intel i-8700 and was 4 days hard work for me:)),
have a nice day
Dietmar

@diderius6 :
Hello Dietmar,
welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

How did you do it, which specific driver did you integrate/load and did you finally succeed with the XP installation onto your Z370 chipset system?
By the way: Here< is my guide about how to integrate the Intel AHCI driver into a Windows XP image.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi Fernando,
first I make a try with nlite to integrate the Sata driver for DEV_A282 (Asus Apex ROG Maximus i-8700k), this fails.
Then I use Winbuilder. This is a very good program and works here also.
The floppy F6 methode does not work for me.
With USB floppy and F6 I can formate the harddisk, but then crashes after 50 % install
with error and blue screen page_fault_in_nonpaged_area stop: 0x00000050 setupdd.sys
The same error is reproducible. You need to hit also F7 during install (for no ACPI Bios).
So I came to the idea to install from USB.
The program WinSetupFromUSB starts, but than comes blue screen with 0x07b, driver is gone.
Then I google a lot and find the thread
"How to install Windows XP on a 2016 Skylake Asus Z170-A motherboard"
This also gives a message firadisk.sys not found. But I have the CD install disk made with Winbuilder
and I can continue with install from D:\ from this CD.
Now I install a gfx 980 with inf modification for XP, a Asus PCIE soundcard for XP and a networkcard for PCIE from TP link for XP also. I will tell about results to have XP, Win 7 and Win 10 on a brandnew Compi from November 2017:)),
have a nice day
Dietmar

@diderius6 :
You haven’t yet answered my question, which specific Intel AHCI driver you have integrated/loaded.

That would be fine.

Hi Fernando,
driver is from Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando

iaAHCI_200 = "Intel(R) SATA AHCI Controller DEV_A282 added by Fernando"

This DEV_A282 I found in my Win 7 installation. Very strange is that I note,
that this number changed in Win 8???
The problem with blue screen 0x050 setupdd.sys direct before reboot after XP installation I have also
on my iaAHCI_ICH10R = "Intel(R) SATA AHCI Controller DEV_3A22"
compi. May be this error depends on the whole size of the Harddisk, I have 2 TB,
have a nice day
Dietmar

PS: I modded AHCI driver also by myself. Always with the 2 TB harddisk I get blue screen 0x050 setupdd.sys on 2 different computers.