[Guide] Integration of Intels AHCI/RAID drivers into a WinXP/W2k3/W2k CD

@fraz
you cant use 64bit drivers on 32bit OSes and vice versa
check this is selected in task manager
View -> CPU History -> One Graph per CPU

Yes I can’t use the 64 bit irst floppy & text mode on x86 (it shows as corrupted IA store)__
On xp64 there were no troubles with the cpu in device manager___i was thinking that maybe another text mode driver may be needed for this? - As when the XP32 installs there is nothing in device manager for the cpu with the + sign that expands to show the cores / threads.
I will check the CPU history but I don’t think that will make the processor cores appear in device manager.

OK I did another install just to see for consistency - so still no cpu in device manager - In the task manager - one graph per CPU and it shows 12 threads which is normal.
Earlier on I tried HW MONITOR and only 1 core/1thread was showing.

I do think on X99_XP32 that something is missing (fwiw)__XP64 is better and has shown no problems in this way. It would be good to see if it is possible to get a MOD for this but this is beyond my capability currently unless someone pointed me in the right direction.
Someone here must know.
I was thinking along the lines of C:\Windows\system32\driver store ________somewhere in this area.
I do have the working install of Vista 32 on the same board so maybe the drivers/.inf files could be extracted? - I’ll leave it with you to see what comes back but there isn’t much else I can do at the moment - The install is close to perfection if this is dealt with !!!

@fraz :
Since the Device Management inclusive the detection of the connected CPU is task of the OS and exclusively managed by in-box MS drivers, your problem has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Hello Fernando, you are correct__but I would appreciate being pointed in the direction of a solution if it is possible__if it is not possible then this install can be forgotten and scrapped but if it is possible I would like to complete the installation but a little help is needed.

Sorry for posting off topic - Thank you

@fraz :
Your problem can only be solved by one of our Windows XP Gurus. You can find and ask them >here<.
Good luck!

Hello,

I have an older slipstraemed Xp, which i tried to install on an older panasonic cf-31 mk1
- which had original win 7 prof 64 bit installed.
I made two partititions with Gparted and installed successful win 7 prof 32 bit.
But, when i tried to install the earlier slipstremad xp prof 32 bit - failed - bluescreen.
Now i found this forum - and hopefully, there is now a better way to do it.

Problems:
1.) BIOS is locked - no password - i knew that, while i bought it from a US ebay seller.
2.) i asked the seller for installing XP - he said, that it isn’t possible. Didn’t ask why (leider)
3.) i don’t know about restrictions from panasonic’s hardware
4.) maybe, he said that, because he could not go into the BIOS - don’t know
5.) i noticed about several modified intel drivers - but, i can’t compare them with my hardware
6.) the only thing, i know - is: "Intel(R) 5 Series 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller"
7.) driver date: 17.12.2009 version: 9.5.6.1001 driver details: c:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\jaStore.sys
8: Inf Name: oem9.inf INF-Abschnitt: iaStor_mobl_Inst
Kompatible IDs:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B2F&REV_06
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B2F
PCI\VEN_8086&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0106
PCI\VEN_8086
PCI\CC_010601
PCI\CC_0106

I found an - maybe - compatible driver on the interent - but, i guess that i should not use it.
Anyway: I don’t know, which one i should take from all your list’s

Kind Regards

EDIT 1:
on the beginning, i noticed:
"an original (untouched) OS Image with integrated latest Service Pack"
So, that means: Don’t use a slipstreamed version?
My xp prof sp 2 - this one, i used or the earlier slipstreamed dvd, which i used in my older cf-19 mk2.
I changed settings in BIOS - it worked.
But now - in the cf-31 mk1 - i can’t do that, because, the BIOS is locked - No password.
Again: I copied infos / data of my intel above.
I still don/t know, which one of your modified driver, i can use - if i can use them at all.

EDIT 2:
Sorry - I thing, that i have it now :slight_smile:
(wer Lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil:-)
Under a.
I read: a)
For users with an Intel ICH7R/M, ICH9M, ICH10R/D, 5 Series, 6-Series or 7-Series (except X79) Southbridge AHCI or RAID system:
Because, I have an "Intel(R) 5 Series 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller,
I just can take the modified, which is listed under “5-Series” ???
Maybe, I relally don’t have to understand that :slight_smile:
I allways thought, that i have to use an EXACT driver, which is ONLY for my Intel…
(Egal - I’ll try it)

EDIT 3:
Btw: I tried to run thel Intel® Driver- und Support-Assistent
Intel checked - if that really works! - and result: They didn’t find anz supported driver or software
??? I have a lot of Intel stuff on my cf-31 mk1 !!!
Firewall is deactivated
Does Intel give ALLWAYS give this Feedback? - even, when they - maybe - don’t have access?

EDIT by Fernando: I have merged the 4 posts and removed a lot of blank lines to save space.

@ Ftmmsch:
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
As you can read within chapter 1 point a) of the start post, I recommend for users with an Intel 5-Series chipset mainboard to integrate the original 32bit Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL.
When it comes to the textmode driver integration part of nLite’s work you have to choose only the listed device named “Intel(R) 5 Series 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller” - thats all!
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

hey guys
i want to install Win XP 64x SP3 on:

Acer Aspire VN7-571G V1.14
Intel Core i5 4210U
North bridge : Intel Haswell-ULT
Revision ID: 0B
south bridge : Intel H8x/P8x
Revision ID: C1
ST1000LM014-1EJ164 von 931.51 GB SATA III
Firmware: SM25
SATA Version: SATA Rev 2.6
Serienno: W7706XPR

and still get 0x00000007B
Which of these drivers do I have to get? and do I have to use F6 in the installation?

Thank you
Leonhard

@leoleo :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Since all your questions are answered within the start post of this thread, I have moved your post here.
You cannot use any of the latest Intel RST drivers, because none of them do support Windows XP. Furthermore the required file named txtsetup.oem is missing within Intel RST drivers, which are newer than v11.2.0.1006.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello,

I’m going to be doing an XP64 on H170 & Z170 - Which is the best version of the floppy IRST driver to use? - On X99/Z97 it was 14.8.0.1042 - How about H170/Z170 for IRST?

@fraz :
If you want to get Windows XP installed, the question is not, which is the best Intel RST driver, but which one will be installable/working with this OS.
The latest Intel RST driver, which supports Windows XP, is the v11.2.0.1006 one.

Hello Fernando,
OK, these are the successes so far with XP32 / XP64 / SRV_2003_32_&64

X99_chipset_AsRock_X99_OC_F_3.1___IRST_floppy_14.8.0.1042__+Fernando_Universal_11.2.0.1006_text_mode 8D02
Z97_chipset_MSI_Z97_G43__________IRST_floppy_14.8.0.1042
_+Fernando_Universal_11.2.0.1006_text_mode 8C82

x79_chipset_Asus_R_IV_E___________IRST_floppy_11.1.0.1006
_+Fernando_Universal_11.2.0.1006_text_mode _1D02 later_i_learned_11.2.0.1006_could have been used for IRST_floppy
B85_chipset_Asus_B85 Pro Gamer____IRST_floppy_14.8.0.1042
+Fernando_Universal_11.2.0.1006_text_mode 8C02
7_series_unknown_X79_T___________IRST_floppy_11.1.0.1006
+Fernando_Universal_11.2.0.1006_text_mode 1E02 later_i_learned_11.2.0.1006_could have been used for IRST_floppy

All of the above resulted in success and Snappy Driver was used to assist in the installation of drivers

Yesterday I tried the MSI_Z170_A_GAMING M3
&Gigabyte_H170_D3HP_and no matter what I tried XP64 would not install__and failed before the installation began with a BSOD. Which ever IRST floppy I tried it would not work. Possibly I thought that an older BIOS may get better results.

Fernando, I did read that you installed XP , was this 32 bit or 64 bit? - On AsRock_Z170_Professional_Gaming-i7__how did you deal with the Intel USB 3.0 on the Z170 chipset? - Thanks

I’ve got enough options now for XP now but some comment may be helpful

EDIT__answer_to_Fernando "How did you get two different text mode drivers working?"

I used drivers downloaded from AsRock website__for the IRST floppy__14.8.0.1042
&_once_the updates were installed to a level__I installed the Fernando__IRST__11.2.0.1006___software console__and then__which ever chipset drivers would install_I would install__then_SNAPPY_driver__was used for the individual"system devices" for XEON registers etc………

The results are amazing__so I’ve decided to limit my XP generation installs to the “successes” mentioned above.
How I did all this I do not know__as I’m not an expert !!!

At the end of the successful installations in the device manager it would show something like “SATA AHCI CONTROLLER 8D02 added by Fernando” ___something like this.
With everything I’ve mentioned above with the successes the only way I can describe the driver installations is “a full house” - And the only discrepancy is where there would be an Intel USB 3.0 hub & XHCI, it would say “Intel Device” only.
So I think with following the tutorials and using Snappy Driver + some of my own drivers that work (some won’t)__better results will not be possible.
I tried the same approach on Z170_MSI_GAMING M3 and it did not work ___I could not find an IRST floppy driver that would work - The closest I got was the IA Store is corrupted using an RSTe driver for Windows 7.
nLite software was used__and a direct burn to CD-R

EDIT by Fernando: Put your answer into a “spoiler” (to save space within this thread)

@fraz :
Thanks for your interesting feedback!
My question: How did you get 2 different textmode drivers loaded/integrated and which version was shown within the Device Manager after having completed the OS installation?
Answer to your question: I installed only Windows XP x86 and didn’t try to get the USB 3.0 ports working.

I made a comparison of the performance of the SSD drive with the drivers v4.7.0.1117 vs v11.2.0.1006. Drivers work almost equally in speed, although the first driver displays UDMA5 mode, in another UDMA6. In addition, a nuance was found with the driver v11.2.0.1006: if a DVD drive is connected, the LED HDD activity flashes periodically (1 time per second), even when the system is idle and there is no access to either the HDD/SSD or the DVD. If you turn off the DVD, the LED not blinks.

LED activity flashes (1 Hz) - this is a bug of v11.2.0.1006 (Fernando mod) driver.

Hello,
I used nLite - and - CD-R - I found that there was a relationship between X99 & Z97 installations - eg - 14.8.0.1042 + universal 11.2.0.1006 both worked on both platforms and has not let me down yet. I did read Fernando that you had a failed Z97 install.

If you still have this board - and go to AsRock website - get hold of floppy 14.8.0.1042 https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99%20OC…ex.asp#Download + your own universal text mode and inserted in nLite - I’m sure it may work. Then Snappy Driver after - or similar.

In the device manager after installation it shows the name of the controller added by Fernando - Then after some updates the MSM console IRST application will install and then the installation is very good - !

Some software won’t install properly like "Passmark Performance Test" - CPU-Z can crash the XP installation as well - so can HW Monitor - But there is an XP install at Zone_62 with extra drivers that run better with the apps I’ve just mentioned - Sorry for posting off topic if I have -

@fraz :
Thanks for your interesting answers to my questions.
By the way - you may have succeeded to get XP x64 installed onto your Z170 chipset system, if you would have booted off an USB Flash Drive (and not off an Optical Drive).

Are you serious? - I may try this another time - But what about the 100 series chipset drivers - there was less support on Snappy Driver and it was very difficult - But I still do not know which floppy version to use if it was going to work - Maybe the 14.8.0.1042 - I will try again maybe.

If I remember correctly though none of the USB ports were working even when Windows 7 installed

Currently doing Server 2003 32 bit on Z97-C - Asus -

Hi, ive been trying to install XP on my Lenovo G50-80 Model 80E5.

Im usuing nlite to intergrate the driver but I get a txtseup.oem error message or iaStor.sys is corrupt or a BSOD.

Im using v11.2.0.1006 and I checked in device manager using a Hirens PE Disk and my hardware IS DEV 9C83.

Can you help?

So - finally everything is good

Before, I made a few “mistakes” :slight_smile: like:
1.) Using an old slipstream for the CF-31 But this source was originally made for CF-19 man oh man (Kopfschüttel)
2.) made a slipstream for XP - on Win 7 ! burned it on Win 7 - Microsoft told about problems, doing this under Vista !
3.) made it all on XP, but took the wrong driver!

Finally, found out - at least for me - to do it just this way:
1.) make a slipstream with nLite with the original panasonic driver (under XP - NOT Vista, or higher!)
2.) burned it with XPBurner (on DVD-RAM)
3.) Installed Win 7 Prof.
4.) Installed XP Prof.
5.) Inserted the Win 7 DVD → repair options → sytem repair → Done!

5.) because of the damaged / changed boot manager - didn’t need any EasyBCD ore something else!
Hundreds of posts about: you must copy files from there to here - or you must do that - and so on

At least for me - this was the easiest way i, which i never expected!
I had to do NOTHING ! exept, insert the Win 7 DVD ! Learned a lesson!

When i ever have to do it again! - I do just from 1.) to 5.) no more :slight_smile:

@Sircam :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum! I am sorry for my delayed reply - I haven’t seen your request.
The XP Setup message "The file iaStor.sys is corrupt" indicates, that you tried to integrate or to load a 64bit driver for a 32bit OS. That does not work!
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Ftmmsch :
It is fine, that you got the boot sector of your multi-boot system sorted and properly working, what what his this to do with Intel’s AHCI/RAID drivers?

Which "panasonic driver" do you mean? According to my knowledge the Company Panasonic has never built any AHCI/RAID Controller and never compiled any AHCI/RAID driver.