[Guide] Integration of Intels AHCI/RAID drivers into a WinXP/W2k3/W2k CD

Hi,

at least for my CF-19 mk2 german - XP - It’s still here:

https://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/dl/docs/14043

Resp: the direct link for my CF-19:
https://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/public/sof…032_d081084.exe

Regards

But:

I don’t know why - loading the drivers with my Floppy drive failed - maybe the drive is defective - or my USB Bios settings…
I could take achoice for the driver - but loaded on and on again - “Und täglich grüßt das Murmeltier” :slight_smile:

Therefore i needed to do it with nLite.

@Ftmmsch :
1. It is better to boot off a CD with a customized XP image (with integrated Intel AHCI driver).
2. The linked Panasonic “Floppy Disk Drive” doesn’t contain a driver from Panasonic, but an old Intel AHCI driver.

OK - Abaout driver, I surtenly do NOT know as much as you do :slight_smile:

This is the driver, which panasonic told me about using it for a “clean install”.

Anyway:
What i told about my easy way - without EasyBCD or moving any files:

can I consider my statement regarding the sequence and procedure as generally valid?

Or is that more of a coincidence?

I used to have a lot of work.
Now it was easy:
Win 7 on it
XP on it
Win 7 DVD in
Repair options
System repair
Bootloader OK again

Is that actually the best and easiest way?
What did I do earlier with EasyBCD, or move files from here to there via command line …
Where it is obvious - for. for me - SO MUCH EASIER?

If it is NOT ! you may delete my post’s :slight_smile: When it is “safer” for Other#s :slight_smile:

@Ftmmsch :
I don’t know, what the easiest (but definitively not the safest) way is to repair the bootloader after having used the wrong OS installation order, because I neither run XP nor Win7.
The topic of this thread is how to get Intel’s AHCI/RAID drivers properly integrated into a Windows XP/W2k3/W2k CD and not how to repair the boot loader.

@Fernando

Could you tell me, how to check a Floppy drive about his correct functions?

@Ftmmsch
Does your PC have a Floppy Disk Reader device at all?
Nowadays an USB Flash Drive is the much better and faster successor.

@Fernando

No - it hasn’t. At least not internal.
I guess, that this could be the main problem? - when i have to run from an USB Floppy drive?

Allso, i have older Logicube Hardware Copier.
If i would not take out the HDD from a laptop, i have to start the laptop from the bootable floppy.
In combination with a Logicube Clone Card Pro Adapter.

But, i havn’t an intern floppy drive - so, i have to run it from the extern USB floppy…

@Ftmmsch :
If you have integrated a suitable Intel AHCI driver into the XP CD, you neither need a Floppy nor an USB Flash Drive.

In Windows 2000 - original or SP4 - I couldn t integrate a regular VIA SATA driver via nLite. I tried several nLite versions with the same result:

In the end, I had to manually edit TXTSETUP.SIF & WINNT.SIF to get the job done. I think it’s doable for a single driver only, or else you have to edit too many entries in TXTSETUP.SIF: [HardwareIdsDatabase] [SourceDisksFiles] [SCSI.Load] etc.

@OMORES :
Thanks for your report.
As you surely know your post is off-topic, because you have tried to integrate a VIA textmode driver, whereas this thread is about Intel ones.
Nevertheless I would like to know which VIA textmode driver version you had integrated and which manual corrections you had to do. Please attach both drivers (the original and your modded one).
Thanks in advance!

I had to integrate these 3 files into 2k installation folder: VIAMRAID.INF - viamraid.sys - viamraid.cat. I really tried with nLite. There is no modded driver.

First, I had to edit TXTSETUP.SIF

[HardwareIdsDatabase] // copy ids from . inf file - just the first part until coma

%PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3349.DeviceDesc% = viamraid
%PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_6287.DeviceDesc% = viamraid
%PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_0591.DeviceDesc% = viamraid
%PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3249.DeviceDesc% = viamraid
%PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3149.DeviceDesc% = viamraid
%PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3164.DeviceDesc% = viamraid
%PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_0581.DeviceDesc% = viamraid
%PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_7372.DeviceDesc% = viamraid

[SourceDisksFiles]
viamraid.sys = 1 , _ x, 4,1 //exact name of .sys file

[SCSI.Load]
viamraid = viamraid.sys, 4 //no .sys on the left side

[SCSI]
driver_filename = "Some useful name"

Then, I had to edit WINNT.SIF

[Unattended]
UnattendMode = ProvideDefault
OemPreinstall =YES

Supposedly, the installer will look onto $OEM$ folder for additional drivers - which I created - but I had to copy all the files again into $WIN_NT$… \i386 folder to make it work.

Thanks, Ive installed a few version of the driver and it gives me a blue screen *** STOP: 0X000000A5 (0x00000002, 0x8BB4E2B8,0x00000001,0x8BBH51BB0)

The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant.

I have amended the settings in the BIOS to legacy. What do you advise?

@Sircam

try the patched ACPI driver

Can you send me the link to the patched driver please.

@Sircam

I sent you a PM

I have used the patched driver. Thanks, its now displaying another blue screen after loading drivers.

*** STOP: 0X0000007B (0xF78DA524, 0xC00000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers.

@Sircam :
The STOP: 0X0000007B BSOD indicates a not matching storage driver.
If you want help, you should give us the required information about
a) the HardwareIDs of the on-board Intel SATA AHCI/RAID Controller and
b) the Intel AHCI/RAID driver you have integrated and the chosen Intel SATA AHCI/RAID Controller while doing the integration.

1. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C83

2. Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando

@Sircam :
If you have really integrated just the Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by me and chosen just the support by the listed “Intel(R) SATA AHCI Controller DEV_9C83 added by Fernando”, you wouldn’t have gotten the STOP: 0X0000007B BSOD.