[Guide] Integration of Intels AHCI/RAID drivers into a WinXP/W2k3/W2k CD

Yes i installed the "Intel(R) SATA AHCI Controller DEV_9D03 added by Fernando" and also yes i used the iso with sp3 integrated

@savagebanana :
If you just get a freezing and no BSOD with an error code, it is difficult to help.
Did you remove all unneeded external devices/addon-cards and all HDDs/SSDs except the target system drive?
How did you previoiusly use the target HDD/SSD?
Are you trying to do a clean install by creating a new boot sector or is there already a boot sector present and you try to get a dual-boot system?

I am getting BSOD 0x000000A5 when i don’t press either F5 or F7 also there is only one 1TB hdd in my laptop. Previosly i was using windows 10 dual booted with ubuntu in uefi mode on gpt partition disk.Then i formatted my entire disk in mbr format and then continued with xp installation so yes it was a clean installation.

@savagebanana :
It is not enough to press the F5 or F7 button while being asked by the Setup to press F6, you have to find and to choose the best possible ACPI setting for your PC.
The problem is, that the XP own ACPI driver doesn’t know about modern PC hardware.
The alternative is to integrate or to load a modded ACPI driver, which supports Windows XP, but modern hardware as well. You may find tips how to get such driver within >this< thread.

1st page a lot of dead link please reupload :slight_smile: … thanks

Fernando:

My current install of XP-32bit is using an ICH9-2-port and ICH9-4-port
They show up as:

Controller 1: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2920 for the 4-port ICH9R
Controller 2: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2926 for the 2-port ICH9

The closest that you have from your 64bit-universal driver set which I want to use with XP-64bit are:

[HardwareIds.scsi.iaAHCI_ICH9R]
id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2922&CC_0106","iaStor"

[HardwareIds.scsi.iaAHCI_ICH9_1]
id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2923&CC_0106","iaStor"

[HardwareIds.scsi.iaAHCI_ICH9M]
id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2929&CC_0106","iaStor"

Will any of these three work with my system?

@linuxlad : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
It is not easy to answer your question, because your on-board Intel SATA Controller is currently running in IDE mode, but you obviously want to get XP x64 installed in AHCI mode.
As long as you don’t switch the SATA mode to “AHCI”, none of your listed INF file options will work (in this case it wouldn’t make any sense to integrate any Intel SATA driver).
Furthermore the choice of the INF file with the correct DeviceID depends on the SATA port to which your system drive is connected (the 2-port and 4-port ones have different DeviceIDs).
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

You are correct, it is in IDE mode. The only reason I thought would be advantageous to use the AHCI-drivers was to take advantage of the performance from the “native command queuing”; however, since I only use SSD-drives, there is really no need.

Back in 2011, a colleague and I inserted the SATA-AHCI drivers, SP3, and many other drivers in automated install mode of XP32-bit DVD that we have used many times to install on different custom systems, OEM systems, and laptops with AHCI enabled on some of them and I forgot that the two old systems that I have been using XP-SP3-32-bit since 2012 were left in “IDE” mode during the initial installation.

Yesterday, I tested on an old Lenovo-G530-laptop that had an XP-32-bit installed in AHCI mode which I temporarily removed the drive with the 32-bit installation and inserted another SSD-drive to test the 64-bit version and it would not recognize the drive until I changed it to “IDE” mode, but performance with the SSD is more than adequate and sufficient in IDE mode. I will still insert all drivers and SP2 so that if/when the board’s AHCI drivers is supported then it will use them, otherwise, I will use “IDE”; this way the option for “either” will be available just like the customized 32-bit-XP-SP3 version.

hello, I have 0x0000007b bsod due to ahci driver i guess on z590 asus z590 maximus XIII hero.

ID = %PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43D2&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = AHCI_inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43D2&CC_0106

this is not on the modded ahci driver "Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando"

how to add it ?

@vertx : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
You are right, the newest Intel SATA AHCI and RAID Controllers of the Z590 chipset systems haven’t yet been added by me to the *.INF and *.OEM files.
But now it is done: Within the start post you and all other users can get now the re-customized variant of the “Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando”, which additionally supports the Intel SATA Controllers of Intel’s Z590 chipset.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

thank you, i will try it asap

I have tryed to put ahci inf via nlite on a clean xp sp3 32 but still 0x0000007b error.
:face_with_monocle:

@vertx :
Thanks for your report. Are you sure, that your source XP image was "clean"?
Is there a file named "WINNT.SIF" within the I386 directory?

@vertx

make sure you are integrating for TXT mode and not PNP mode
also use a SATA optical drive not a USB one.

I dont have any Winnt.sif on i386 on this iso.

but i have an other xp iso modded for z490 with it.

@vertx :

This verifies, that the original XP image has not been customized for an "Unattended Install".
What happens, when you boot off an optical drive containing the original XP image and then load the modded driver via F6?

I have tryed this, but i have an error concerning the .oem file.

the file txtsetup.oem … error (257) at the ligne 1747 at d:\xpsp\bas\boot\setup\oemdisk.c

Thanks! I will do a look at it and try to repair the driver’s integrity.
Can you post or attach the file named oemdisk.c (as *.txt file)?

I can’t find it… i will take a look at it asap

Are you sure about the file’s name? Or did the error message mean the file named TXTSETUP.SIF, which is within the I386 directory of your XP CD and not part of any Intel AHCI driver.
The TXTSEPUP.OEM is part of my driverpack, has only 400-500 lines and - as far as I can see - doesn’t contain a wrong entry.
If you meant the TXTSETUP.SIF, please attach that file as *.txt file