H97 Motherboard and random SSD detection issue

Hello everyone.
I stumbled into this forum while researching an issue happening with a friend’s PC custom build, which I describe below.

The PC’s specs:
Mobo: Gigabyte H97M-Gaming 3 (BIOS F4 - latest)
Processor: Intel Core i5
PSU: Corsair 650W
VGA: Radeon R9 280X
Ram: 8GB Corsair
SSD: Kinston SSDNOW 120GB (latest firmware version)
HD: 1TB Seagate hard drive

The issue:
The PC will randomly cold boot to this screen:

The thing is, this is not a new build. This was built almost one year ago, and the problem started happening when we installed his SSD and formatted / clean installed Windows 8.1. I’m really struggling to figure out what might be the problem and what might fix it, since it only started happening one month from today when we installed the SSD.

So, this brings me to the question:
If I update or downgrade the Intel RST(e) OROM and EFI SataDriver and / or Intel MEI, is there any possibility it can fix our issues with the SSD detection?

Currently it has the following Sata OROM / EFI / MEI versions:
OROM IRST RAID for SATA - 13.5.0.2164
EFI IRST RAID for SATA - 13.5.0.2164
Intel ME 9.1.21.1000

While I do understand this is not a support forum for either SSD drives or motherboards, I appreciate any pointers you can give us.

Cheers!

PS: I ended up reading up, educating myself and updating my own PC’s BIOS + sata EFI + intel MEI to the recommended versions and saw increases in boot speed and benchmarks on my SSD! So thanks!

@ vladeco:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

The problem has nothing to do with the Intel RAID BIOS modules, because they will neither be loaded nor be used as long as the Intel RAID Controller is running in AHCI mode.
I suspect, that it is a faulty hardware (SSD, Memory or PSU), which is responsable for the reported issue.
My advice: Check the health of the SSD by using a related tool as first step. If it doesn’t find any physical problems, replace it temporarily by another SSD.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)