hello, i need help with some drivers.

Ok, so this laptop has a new motherboard in it, also was upgraded to win7 32bit from vista 32bit. i tried using NVIDIA: Optimized nForce Driverpacks for Vista/Win7 to help me but i seemed to have made it worse and now there’s another driver missing :frowning: i took some screenshots to help explain what the problem is. Im not really good with computers, i mostly enjoy PC gaming.

@ reneebunny:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

I would say: Another device has been detected by the OS after you had installed the driverpack. This is a good and not a bad sign.

Please give me some more informations regarding the 2 devices with missing divers:
Right click onto them (one after the other) and choose the following options: "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs".

Regards
Fernando

here’s the first one (base system driver)

here’s the second (coprocessor)

@ reneebunny:
Thanks for the screenshots.
Here is my comment:

1. The device, which has been named “Base System Device” by the Device Manager, is a “Ricoh SD/MMC Host Controller” and manages a Ricoh Cardreader. You will find a suitabe driver on the laptop CD (the Vista x86 driver will work with Win7 x86 as well).
  2. The device named “Coprocessor” is part of the “NVIDIA nForce System Management Controller” and needs the NVIDIA SMU driver. I attach the latest SMU driver for Win7 x86 and hope, that is will work. You have to install it from within the Device Manager by doing a right click onto the device named “Coprocessor”, choosing the option “Update Driver Software” and navigating to the uncompressed driver folder.
    By the way: This SMU driver is part of the following NVIDIA nForce chipset driverpacks I am offering >here<:
    a) 32bit non-AHCI nForce Performance Pack v9.0 for Win7Vista,
    b) 32bit Actual nForce Driverpack v9.0 for Win7Vista and
    c) 32bit Special MCP65-67 nForce Driverpack v9.0 for Win7Vista.
    So I suspect, that you had chosen an nForce driverpack, which was not the best suitable for the nForce chipset of the laptop.

Good luck!

SMU.rar (213 KB)

i cant believe it, i feel like you just saved my life, this is now my all time favorite forum! thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. this was a lifesaver.