Help - BIOS Mod for enable WOL on asus X455LD

Hello @Lost_N_BIOS :

I reported here on post #5 that my LAN NIC is Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller (Driver10.34.307.2019)

¿Do you mean that, as in my case MB/CPU and NIC are from different OEM/vendors, Intel ME BIOS unlock could not get WOL work?

Regards

Sorry, I didn’t look back and see that So, what I found at ME FW does not apply, that’s only for Intel solution. That is all this means, nothing more.
All that leaves, that I cans see, is to enable all those PCH LAN Disabled instances to enabled (3x already enabled, rest set to disabled)
Wake on LAN already set to enabled in all 15+ various areas of the BIOS. If that does not help, then it’s some power setting or driver issue in windows. Or maybe I could update the BIOS PXE LAN modules too, and see if that helps any (Will do both)

* Edit - @radw62 - Here, this now has WOL enabled in 15-19 instances + Setup and AMITSE/SetupData (and same for PCH LAN Enabled)
+ Updated Realtek EFI UNDI PXE LAN (2.021 >> 2.047) + Realtek PXE Boot Agent GE 2.53 >> 2.66
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…132827281542007

Flash it back using >> FPTw.exe -bios -f WOLPCHLAN.bin

@Lost_N_BIOS Again thanks for all you help:

I tested WOL before and after applying “Flash it back using >> FPTw.exe -bios -f WOLPCHLAN.bin” but even command passed OK, the result is the same: WOL still not work

Regarding driver issues, I already passed driver pack and other driver tools , even I installed latest Realtek NIC driver ¿Do you know or recommend any specific driver or sources to try to upgrade them again?

I’ll review again all steps and win10 settings that worked for enabling WOL on my HP Probook, meanwhile you review BIOS PXE LAN modules update options

Regards

Hello @Lost_N_BIOS / Win-Raid Community

1) I was pretty busy last weeks since last post, however I tried to upgrade my win10 from home to enterprise (as I guessed some features in home edition like RDP where disabled by default, maybe WOL as well), but again I doesn’t work either
2) With this and all BIOS flash done by you , definitively there is no way to enable WOL ?

Regards

@radw62 - Latest drivers I would only suggest the manufacturer download page for this system, or directly from the manufacturer, unless we also have said driver you need posted in some driver thread here (would be from manufacturer sources usually)
I would never use any “driver pack” or driver update program/site etc. Drivers are not used for WOL, so speaking in general here.

As for this issue, the problem is not BIOS related now, everything is enabled. So this is either the controller itself is a cheap version that does not offer this functionality, or it’s been disabled or not enabled in it’s FW, or your not doing something right (I don’t know)
The only thing left I can try for you is the PXE LAN modules, those are used for this purpose, so it may help. * Never mind, reading above, I see I already did that for you too in my edit on post #22

I am not sure what you are talking about with Win10 upgrades, but it sounds like you are using “Home” version and you mention WOL may be disabled by default?
If so, or you are not sure, please test on some other system like XP or Win7, until you sort out the issue, that way no one is wasting time, including you, on a system with this disabled and not possible to be used by default.