HELP Bricked Asus Tuf Gaming B560M Plus Wifi

Asus Tuf Gaming B560M Plus Wifi
MX25L12872F
CPU no integrated graphics
Windows 11

Attached a link for my faulty bios below. Please keep in mind that I have no experience with thiss whatsoever,don’t know which part is corrupted. Barely know what I’m doing and talking about, and only delved into it because I bricked my board.

Bad flash, forgot to disable Virtualization which was causing problems before. Did a little research and found out about ch341a.

So I’ve extracted a clean bin file from a CAP file right from the asus page. The only mod that I did was transfer the MAC, S/N and the UUID, used FD44 and CoffeeTime 0.99 for this. Succesfully programmed it twice in NeoProgrammer but still cannot get it to post.

Comparing the bin files on a surface level using UEFI tool, on the original bin that I saved, in the BIOS region, there’s 2 AmiNvramMainRomAreaGuid volumes whilst there’s only one on the files from Asus. Please note that the Mac,S/N and the UUID is on a different volume. I found it in the SMBiosFlashData file in the second volume after the first Padding.

By now , I’ve figured that the cap from Asus does not contain the complete image that I can just write to my chip. So I’ve created a few extra bin files using UEFI Tool this time that Ive yet to program. I wanna lessen the tinkering, and a little afraid to potentially damage the board.

1. new BIOS + SMBiosFlashData to the original bin
  2. new BIOS + SMBiosFlashData + 1st Ami Volume to the original bin
  3. new BIOS + SMBiosFlashData + 2nd Ami Volume to the original bin
  4. SMBiosFlashData + My ME Region to the Modded image. *(ssee PS.)
  5. SMBiosFlashData to the modded image. *(see PPS)

If there’s anything I should know or misssing please let me know, don’t know what else to do or what to ask. I appreciate any help I can get. Thank you in advance!

(Please add a dot on the domain to fix the links)

Original BIOS: mediafirecom/file/nnt51ynnnirrwxl/v1601-original.zip/file

From Asus: mediafirecom/file/q299yorx4eznazh/New-Extract.zip/file

Modded from the thread below: mediafirecom/file/b6cjpo346v1wf6v/try.rar/file

PS. So I found a thread in here that have the same board as me that have a potentially working modded bios file. Sent by a user named Cookies, which the OP haven’t confirmed. So I looked at it in UEFI Tool and again there’s 2 AmiNvram volumes. Maybe if I flashed a working reconstructed image, the volumes would repopulate into 2. I thought the duplication was the cause of the corruption, now I’m very confused. Anyway I created the 4th bin file from what I got here [Need Help] ASUS B560M Plus WiFi BIOS Modding - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

PPS. From the very little research on ME Cleaning that I did, my dump shows a bunch of EFS errors like detected 15 datapages expected 14, table and file size mismatch. Does that mean that my ME is corrupted? Also the try.rom that Cookies sent on the thread above, says Configured on the file system state. So maybe I can use this right?

Main error:
Look into parser: Compressed volume containing dxe drivers is corrupt, can’t be expanded

Second error: ME region seems to be a mess.

(NVRAM gets rebuilt from scratch normally, second NVRAM volume gets added autimatically)

Asus update contains a capsuled complete image. Transfered the machine specific data, if you want to know what that was, take stock 1601, remove capsule and compare in HxD to the attached file.

1601_org_msd3.zip (8.7 MB)

This file should work, you can compare it to your own solutions.

Hey, thanks. I’ll flash it later.

But if the ones from asus is indeed a complete image, why did the 2 flashes that I did before not work? I used v2001 that time tho.

I did transfer the mac, is there a user data that is required for my pc to boot?

That’s not what I said!

Don’t know how you flashed (assuming CH341?) and what you flashed and if it was properly flashed.

There’s a high probability though that my file (even if flashed properly) won’t resolve your issue even if there’s a clear error in your dump. A history of several re- flashes without success isn’t a good omen.

Please read the actual content of your chip berfore erasing/ reflashing it and attach it here.

1.rar (8.4 MB)

I extracted the intel image as is. transferred my data into it then flashed it using the programmer.

did a read on the chip again before turning on the pc and did a md5 check.

Here’s what in my chip, also did 2 reads and a md5 check on this.

Edit: Flashed your file and no boot still

OK! Normally this firmware might work, it’s pretty much stock, but there’s some differences in machine specific data. FD44editor is around 10 years old and maybe Asus changed the format a little:

Left 1.bin Right side the information which was in your bricked dump.

And it’s not that nothing changed- ME got from configured to initialized:

Left stock Asus, Right 1.bin

So somewhere the boot process stopped up. Optimistic to assume that the reason are the format of the iserted data, but at least worth a try.

Now it’s unclear what led to inserting the error into the bios region and to corrupt the ME region, and if it might have damaged the board permanently.

(I prefer to transfer machine specific data directly, or to just use a stock firmware file- otherwise it might be possibly improper changes that brick again…)

So what should i do now, please clarify.

Should I flash the modded one from the linked thread?

I don’t think I can do any hex editingg.

Sir, lfb6 offered you a chance with his file… (repaired/fixed from you original file) you use it or not, no one is telling you what to do with your asset our your choices and on one here can assure you of 100% success on anything, understood now, this is how it works when some one comes here to ask a “repair”.

The other thread file seems already a dump with edited FD values and not the initial original dump.

Every user can copy/paste and compare files with an Hex editor, as long as he knows what is doing…

EDIT: Its ok, its just that this situation…IS as IT IS

Yeah i know and im grateful, ihave a very low vision disability. It’s not a matter of laziness. Sorry man

I have tried it before and my screen readers cannot read the texts, just bad phrasing. Didn’t mean to sound demanding.

Then it’s not firmware related. Search for other reasons (hardware).

The board beeps without thr ram sticks on, any ideas? Could a bad flash kill a cpu?

The normal proecdure would be to check cpu and ram with a known good board and check the board with known good ram and cpu.
(Defective components might damage other parts!)

Alright, thanks for the assistance. I really appreciate it.