[SOLVED] Dell Optiplex 7000MFF(12th) Enabling INTEL ME(VPRO)

I have a DELL optiplex 7000MFF,the INTEL AMT was Disabled.I look 2 chips in mainboard.Which one is the BIOS.who has the experience…

One is GigoDevice [25B128ESIG] the other one is GigoDevice [25R256EYIG]

You don’t need the bios, you’d need the complete firmware, which is possibly distributed on both chips. If you unpack the Dell firmware update the bios region alone is 32MB, vpro Firmware possibly being another 8 to 10 MB?

Fpt(w(64)) -i might tell you some details.

Are all the requirements for vpro fullfilled? CPU, chipset, LAN adapter?

Thanks for your reply!
CPU is 12500T(support vpro)、CHIPSET is Q670、LAN is Intel i225.
The specification said,BIOS are 2 chips(32MB+16MB)…never saw that situation…It had a bit difficult…

Well, dump both chips, put the 2 files together for a complete firmware, open in FIT, change the settings, buils a new outimage.

There are a lot of threads for older systems, however I don’t think it’s done / described for ME 16 often before.

Thanks!If I merge 2 files to one,can I use [copy /b] in windows command line mode?
IF after I done (made outimage—Actually, I didn’t do that ),What will I do that restore the one file to 2 BIOS chips?

If you dump with programmer make sure the dumps are valid- at least 2 identical dumps that give a correct structure in UEFIToolNE- Might be possible to dump with fpt, too.

I prefer a hex editor for merging, but copy command will do, too, if files are in correct sequence.

FIT will you give one complete file and 2 in chipsize. Use a programmer to program back the needed part(s), probably only one chip.

There’s quite a lot of information on these topics in the forum.

Thank you very much for your these infomations. :+1:
I will find some posts…

Dear Bro:
AS you said,I get 2 files and merged them.
I clean csme region and built,but got 2 error messages.
01[if pre-locking is not set, closemnf will revert back master access settings to “goldermaster access settings”, To set master access post locking, use -CLOSEMNFcommandof the Intel(R) Flash Programming Tool (FPT).]
02[Selected BtG profile is Boot Guard Profile 5 - FVME, User must be aware ofalignment requirement between Intel(R) CSME FW and BlOS values, In the case ofmisalignment, for platforms post the EOM phase where FPFs have been burnt, bootissues may be seen.]
What shall I do?Ignore?
I truly got one complete file and 2 in chipsize.

snipaste_20230328_221519

Sorry, can’t comment without having locked at the firmware myself, did not try that with ME 16 before.

See follow files please.

Can you test them?

Regarding the first warning, seems that you changed fd settings and EOM settings. Since the machine already had an EOM all the variables that can be set just one time at first boot are set anyway. If you should execute a -closemnf command afterwards all fd access settings wil be set to default values.

This is a bios with Boot guard and measured boot enabled, so you have to be aware that hashes of at least parts of the firmware are stored/ created during boot and if those aren’t correct any longer the machine might not boot.

Hello lfb6:
Thanks
I use the generated firmwares then flash back to motherboard.
As you said,machine can not boot…
I change MFIT tools version(MFitTool versio 16.0.15.1735) and get an error

I restored the firmware and looking for a solution.
Why do different versions of tools get different warnings?
No direction…

No difference when I open your dump in 1735 or 1662?

Hello lfb6:
Can you test follow file?

Same error both versions. If this is a firmware you created it should give “configured” in MEA but it gives “initialized” which would be the state after a boot, but you stated ‘didn’t boot’?

An image that doesn’t even open in FIT has a quite high probability of not-booting…

I backed up the motherboard’s firmware(2 files) with a programmer,then merged them.
MFIT tools can open and generate 2 files,but show 2 error message.

I backup the fireware again,then I use the generated firmwares flash back to motherboard.
As you said,machine can not boot…
I use backup file(2nd backup files) flash back to motherboard,machine can work OK…
I use MFIT open 2nd backup file,then show follow error.

Can you give me some advise for next step?
I have no idea now…

I tried that again and successful…
Follow file is original.

Follow files are Generated files.

Use intel MFIT open the original file and replace ME Sub Partition then generate two files.
These error message still appears…
01[if pre-locking is not set, closemnf will revert back master access settings to “goldermaster access settings”, To set master access post locking, use -CLOSEMNFcommandof the Intel(R) Flash Programming Tool (FPT).]
02[Selected BtG profile is Boot Guard Profile 5 - FVME, User must be aware ofalignment requirement between Intel(R) CSME FW and BlOS values, In the case ofmisalignment, for platforms post the EOM phase where FPFs have been burnt, bootissues may be seen.]
I flash back two files to motherboard and successful!

I think I should report the results to you.
Snipaste_2023-10-06_23-32-30

And I found that I had to set the BIOS admin password, otherwise I cannot see the MEBX entry…
Follow is remote desktop…

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

Disabling setting the end of anufacturing mode at first boot and changing bootgurd profile won’t help, those values are burnt into the FPFs in the PCH and can’t be changed once they’re written.

Hi! I just bough two Dell 7010 MFF with Intel i5 -13th generation. One of them has a i5/VPro label, while the other is just a i5/Core. I would like to enable ME in the second machine… Could you I tell me which programmer and software did you use for reading/writing the firmware? I bought the Ch341A (black version) but I noticed that some people are saying that the voltage is not compatible. Did you use the SOIC 8-pin test clip, or did you desolder the chips? Thanks!

Hi guys: 1:You can see that post for programmer. Ch341A should be OK. [Solved] Dell Precision 3650 - Enable intel Vpro & Enable Intel AMT - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Requests - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com) 2: Software is intel MFIT,you need notice the software version(v17??). 3:You can use follow connectors…