[Help] Downgrade gigabyte bios

Hello, I hope you are all good today!
I have gigabyte z490ud with f21 bios update.
I want to downgrade it.
I tried your modded efiflash 0.87 with the original f4 bios and it runs and restarts, but the bios never changed !
please help me

This guide may apply to your motherboard model, perform the backup data options before proceeding, there are RISKS regarding this kind of operations on newer AMI released bioses, and now also CAPED.
In this case FPT tool is based on your ME FW generation/version
or wait for chinobino post owner/another user opinion, before any flash attempts.

Flashing Gigabyte while avoiding “Invalid BIOS image” - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

1 Like

Thanks a lot, but fpt says error 621 :frowning:

Error 621: Unsupported hardware platform

“In this case FPT tool is based on your ME FW generation/version”

What tool version/package did you used?

EDIT: And can you tell us how did you got to the conclusion that version v12 is the tool for your motherboard model/bios?

I usually dont give more help/info to users that dont have experience with this tools or even dont know how to check small details (Like the ME FW of their system…), they are RISK users and can break their systems, you seem to be a perfect candidate…

And why mention again the EFI mod, didnt you created the post because the method doesnt work? Loosing my time to you?

1 Like

I used fpt v12 i dont know if there any other tools

I used the modded efi for gigabyte that i found in this website and it flashes the bios but nothing changed on bios

You don’t speak professionaly

Damm sir… im truly sorry for the cost of the service provided and the lack of professional spoken words… unbelievable such flaw in a free forum, you should make a report to the admins. OVER N OUT

EDIT: Yeah… seems i was right about you, all the best boy, move on, cheers!!!

1 Like

I wasted my time reading ur worthless words.
Go get a life hopeless

@arh4e This forum is supported by members that freely give their time to help others - please keep that in mind moving forwards.

As your motherboard has the latest BIOS with a capsule you will need to use the correct version of FPT to downgrade as EFIflash cannot downgrade from this BIOS.

The Z490 platform uses Intel Management Engine v14.0 and v14.1 so you will need the corresponding FPT version to downgrade your BIOS.

BIOS F21 has ME Firmware v14.1.53.16.17.

If you go to this thread → Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15) you can download the ME System Tools for your motherboard (CSME System Tools v14.0.20+ r20.rar) from this Mega link.

The package ‘CSME System Tools v14.0.20+ r20.rar’ contains the 64-bit Windows version of FPT (FPTW64.exe) v14.1.60.1790 (and the EFI version if you’d prefer to use that).

As your motherboard has no Intel Ethernet Adapters you don’t need to worry about erasing the MAC address, however there is always a risk when flashing any motherboard BIOS (especially from within Windows) so I will give the usual disclaimer:

DISCLAIMER There is always a risk when flashing the firmware of any motherboard. You must decide if you think the risk is worth it - if you don’t know how to recover your motherboard from a bad flash then I don’t recommend that you attempt a BIOS downgrade. I am not responsible for any problems that arise from your actions. While I have performed a downgrade on two Gigabyte Z390 motherboards (Z390 UD and Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI) I cannot 100% guarantee that you will not run into problems.

2 Likes

Hi, I need make downgrade from F9 to F7 on a Z390 Designare, can you help me with some recomendations?

@raizo Hi and welcome to Win-Raid forums.

Yes, I can help - what would you like to know?

1 Like

Thanks bro, I was able to downgrade from F9 to F7 on the Z390 designate, I managed to solve it thanks to your guide. Very thankful :slight_smile:

1 Like

@raizo Good to hear! You’re very welcome. :+1: