[HELP] Flashing ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Plus CORRUPT BIOS

Hello everyone
Please I need some help to see if I can bring my AUS TUF mobo back to life.(If this works I think we can help a lot of newer model motherboard owners with BIOS upgrade problems due to newer CPUs being launched)
I bought it later last year to use with the new Ryzen 5 5600X CPUs but I later found out that I needed a BIOS upgrade.
So, after asking a friend for an older Ryzen 2600 CPU I was able to get into BIOS screen (first time I saw it alive ) and started the BIOS upgrade feature using a flashdrive and the latest BIOS inside it. The thing is, the process failed almost halfway through. I think I saw the 30% completion number but then it shut off. And the system never went back on. It got stuck with a black screen and an orange DRAM LED light always on. So I suppose it got bricked.

Then after some research, I discovered this forum and some people who were able to externally flash their BIOS chip using a CH341A programmer and so I felt hope again I wasn´t getting stuck with a 182€ ASUS paperweight anymore

But I got some questions regarding that process:
Today I checked my mobo’s BIOS chip to get some info and the chip isn´t like others I’ve seen in videos of people using CH341A. It just doesn´t seem that the SOIC adapter clip will hold it too well I don´t know:
I have already bought the CH341A programmer with Adapter clip and 1.8v adapter (just in case). They arrive 22th February.
Asus TUF GAMING X570 PLUS (AMD Board)
CHIP: Winbond 25Q256JWEQ 2009

So my questions are:
1. Will my chip be flashable even though it stopped the BIOS upgrade process almost halfway through?
2. Can the chip be flashable with CH341A and AsProgrammer ? (I don´t find it in the list of chips they have on version 1.4.1. I might’ve done a very quick search though)
3. I read something about voltage adapter, does my chip require such adapter?
4. Is there any other method besides unsoldering/soldering? (I read something about JSPI1 or something I don´t know if I have those headers. I have a SPI_TPM 14-1 Pin headers though)

This is the chip:

bios chip.jpeg

Thank you all in advance. You guys rock!
@Lost_N_BIOS

You very likely can still flash your chip just fine after this, so I don’t think any worries there.

I have an ASUS 350-F Gaming motherboard that has BIOS issues, and apparently a lot of the newer ASUS motherboards are pretty similar so this may be helpful. I was able to use a header similar to the one in your pic to read/write the bios chip on my board just fine. I found a pinout on the ROG forums. The header in your pictures is different than mine (mine was 9 pin) so I’m not sure if that header even is to the chip but it sure looks like it. I read online that my motherboard needed to be programmed at 1.8v so I used a programmer that supports 1.8v. I believe that’s what people are using the adapter you mention for to step down to 1.8v, though I’m not sure if you would need to use it.

I used a flashcatUSB pro from embedded computers as it can program at 1.8v. My mobo had a GigaDevice GD25LQ128 in it and the flashcatusb could read it just fine

Anyway that’s all I got and hopefully some smarter people than me can come confirm and expand

So my questions are:
1. Will my chip be flashable even though it stopped the BIOS upgrade process almost halfway through?
2. Can the chip be flashable with CH341A and AsProgrammer ? (I don´t find it in the list of chips they have on version 1.4.1. I might’ve done a very quick search though)
3. I read something about voltage adapter, does my chip require such adapter?
4. Is there any other method besides unsoldering/soldering? (I read something about JSPI1 or something I don´t know if I have those headers. I have a SPI_TPM 14-1 Pin headers though)

My PC had troubled. I tried it. too late report and share.

Tools: CH341A, 1.8V adopter(take care not to buy Shoddy Fakes), AsProgrammer_2.0.3a, binry editor(ASUS bios needs shaping)

AsProgrammer_2.0.3a don’t have 25Q256JWEQ data, but available another with a similar name.
I succeeded fully. But my PC didn’t boot…
I replaced another CPU. Then my PC booted normally.
and my PC recognized the bios as new one exactlly.

1 Like

Hi could you help me with the method you used?