Help for modding AMI bios file

I accidentally corrupted my original AMI bios file without backup and lucky enough the seller for my motherboard provided me another set of bios files, which i can use for booting up successfully, but unable to get my ethernet LAN to function, apparently there are two different LAN chipset used for the same motherboard, and the seller only has the I219 on hand, not the I211 which I have. I am hoping to find guidance on how to make the necessary changes to this bios file in order for my Ethernet LAN to work again. The bios file comes in 2 different files for 2 bios chip to work together, one contains only ME firmware and the other contains the rest. @Lost_N_BIOS

c24h4-am (1).zip (4.87 MB)

c24h4-am2 (2).zip (4.51 MB)

Lost last login was back in January.

Bios file 1 reports corrupted ME FW 12.0.34.1425
(Error: Firmware is incomplete/corrupted, expected 0x2000000 not 0x1000000!
Warning: Firmware size exceeds Engine/Graphics region, possible data loss!)

Bios file 2 reports an Acer system AMI Aptio V core bios.
U need to get hold of a full SPI image dump from same machine from another user ou buy one. Or check if available bios update files from Acer comes with the Intel ME FW image (Complete bios, not parcial)
Even if u change the ROM in bios of the LAN module (And its another PCI HW ID…)it wont work. The FW image can be fixed with Intel ME cleaning but still persists ur LAN problem, besides the lost of the original ACER OEM ID data in bios.

Even worse… has the system 2 spi chips… bios has bootguard and OEM RSA.

The bios files are separated into 2 different bios chips, bios chip 1 contains bios file 1 and bios chip 2 contains bios file 2. Acer website does not provide full bios with intel me fw image. Bios dump from the bios chips are split into 2 different bios because they are essentially stored in 2 different bios chips on the motherboard and somehow upon system boot, both will be used as one to boot together.

Perhaps you could provide a tutorial on how to dump the full bios as one package after bootup? using a programmer to dump from both bios chips will only result in 2 different bios files.

Sry never done that before, but if u have 2 SPI chips on the motherboard the programmer works with the correct spi images on each chip… in this case from a healthy dump.
Several similar cases like urs in the forum regarding Dell and Lenovo bios issues.
U also can wait for another user opinion and please provide correct info on system model.

I’m using Acer conceptd ct700-71a workstation, Intel C246 with Xeon E-2246G processor, currently on windows 11.

I have managed to dump the bios file into one bin file using fpt for me version 12, please check and let me know if you could figure out how to correctly edit for ethernet LAN controller setup. The file is too large to be uploaded here, please download from my drive. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eTqzyJ9…ew?usp=drivesdk

Sry i didnt mention FPTtool to dump, i thougth ur system was breaked and u had only the dumps from the seller.

U cant fake the PCI HW ID of LAN controller(Like in hackintosh), u can change the PCI EFI ROM if u wanted but really dont know if its enought or if it breaks the system as it is now (OPTION ROM 8086:15bb i219LM to 1539/32 i211).
U can try with MMtool but i havent found any mod/change here on this forum that performed the change u want.

Another tryout is HEXedit the PCI ID 86 80 BB 15 to 86 80 39 15 in the extracted ROM itself
File GUID: A0327FE0-1FDA-4E5B-905D-B510C45A61D0 Section Subtype GUID: 50339D20-C90A-4BB2-9AFF-D8A11B23BC15

Curious that AMIBCP reports Onboard LAN1 I211 Controller… but MMtool report ROM 15bb (i219LM).

might be possible extract the lan firmware from this bios in capsule format. for Intel® Aptio* V UEFI Firmware BIOS core for Intel® NUC 8 Rugged Kit NUC8CCHKR and Intel® NUC Board NUC8CCHB. which has LAN Option ROM: i211 GbE. good luck.

CHAPLCEL.zip (5.77 MB)

will try to extract lan from this bios and flash back into mine and see how it goes!

Yes, thats the major issue I’m trying to solve, mine is supposed to be I211, but the bios file i have is for I219, I dont know how to fix this error