Help for TRIM on RAID0 SSD / Rampage IV Extreme

Hi guys ! Great forum you have here !
Seems it’s the apropriate place to solve my problem :

My raid : 2x OCZ-VERTEX3 (Fw:2.25) on Intel 6Gb/s Controler on Rampage IV Extreme (Bios 4802) running Win 8.1 Pro x64
My problem : TRIM is not working on my RAID0 array

First proof : Poor performances : Second proof : Trimcheck 0.6 :

What i have / tried :
- Installed Win8.1 in UEFI Mode
- Showing INTEL Option ROM 12.7.0
- Updated Intel RST driver to v13.1.0.1058 and enabled Write cache back
- Force-send TRIM using Anvil => no luck
- “fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify” says “DisableDeleteNotify = 0
- SSDLife says 100% on both disks

What should i do to enable TRIM on my setup and get my performances back (almost) ? Is the Nodens modded firmware method needed on this board/driver ? Can’t find a modded firmware over 4310 for 12.7…
I’m ready to flash / format on demand, hope you can help me.

thx a lot !

@ PsY4:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Now to your problem:
I am pretty sure, that TRIM is working within your RAID0 array, since your on-board “Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SATA RAID Controller” (DEV_2826) has been switched to an “Intel(R) Desktop Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller” (DEV_2822) and you have used Intel RST(e) RAID driver versions v12.x.x.xxxx and v13x.xxxxx, which natively do support the TRIM in RAID0 feature for X79 chipset RAID systems.
Your negative results after having executed the TrimCheck tool may be caused by the following:

1. The OCZ Vertex3 SSDs have a Sandforce Controller and it is a wellknown fact, that some of these Controllers make it difficult to detect TRIM activity within the related SSDs.
  2. The TrimCheck tool is a very easy to use application, but not able to detect very low TRIM activities.

This is what I recommend to do:
  1. Empty your Recycle Bin.
  2. Run the Win8.1 “Optimizer” on your system drive C: (has to be shown as “Solid State Drive”!).
  3. Do the manual TRIM test by using a Hex Editor like HxD according to >this< guide.

Good luck!
Fernando

Hi Fernando,

Thx for this quick answer, I just did what you recommended but still no luck :confused:

I even ran the Optimizer after deleting my test file… but the sectors still contains the same things :confused:
Even trimcheck still finds the data it made an hour ago !

I really think TRIM is not working on my setup …
Do you think i can (almost) get my stock performances back doing a secure erase of both disks and rebuilding the array ?

Even after having rebooted?

If TRIM really should not have worked within your RAID0 array for a long time and the Garbage Collection is not effective enough, it would be a good idea to do it.
By the way: Before you are going to secure erase both SSDs and to recreate the RAID0 array, you should think about other Intel OROM/driver options, for example RST v11.2.0.1527/11.2.0.1006 or RSTe v3.8.0.1029/3.8.1.1006.