[HELP] Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 HPET problem

I have an Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 paired with a 9600k on BIOS version F10. I dont see High Precision Timer under Chipset as stated in the manual. I’ve tried F13 and the option still isn’t available. I assume that the option was probably available in earlier BIOS version but I try anything before F10 due to lack of 9th Gen CPU support or my BIOS is bugged. Any help is greatly appreciated.
*attached is where “High Precision Timer” is supposed to be located as stated in manual

341EA9E5-0F27-42BA-ACC2-06840892FF93.jpeg

Are you using a modified BIOS? If yes, please attach an archive of it, if you are not then let me know and I will download F10 from Gigabyte
I checked BIOS F11n, and I see this is now moved to PCH-IO section of the BIOS (inside advanced) which you cannot see. I can maybe add this for you, but menus are locked in place so you’d have to scroll right or left to enter any invisible menu I can enable.
Or, I can just disable the setting for you, or you can using grub and setup_var >> 0x99E 0x0 << = disabled

Thank you so much for the reply. It’s not a modified bios and I’m not too familiar with BIOS modding. So if you can disable the setting for me that would be fantastic.

Flash using Qflash within BIOS or from DOS

* F10 removed, no one needs to use old BIOS, if anyone needs F10 with HPET disabled for some reason, send me PM
* Edit 2, please wait, I will do F13 for you @ChrisCrev - also merging these posts with the main other thread

Here is F13 HPET disabled
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…236518362524870

Thank you so much. Gigabyte sent me this when I emailed them. Should I be concerned when flashing the BIOS?

image1.jpeg

See my edit above - and yes, you can disable it with device manager if you want, but I’ll disable in BIOS above too, please wait for F13. And watch for these posts to be moved to the other thread

* Edit @ChrisCrev - never mind me moving this, I thought that other thread was a main discussion for this board, but it’s someone’s mod BIOS offer thread, so I’ll leave this as it is

Not sure what you mean about being concerned with flashing mod BIOS, you asked for it And yes, BIOS flash is always a risk, even with stock BIOS, you will be fine I mod BIOS all the time

@Lost_N_BIOS Thank you so much for your help. I just flashed and can confirm HPET is disabled.

Thanks for confirmation @ChrisCrev Which BIOS did you go with, F13?

I don’t know why they tell you those kind of lies over silly settings they hide from user for no reason. Maybe Intel wants them to lie and say it’s Intel’s fault?

Yes I went with F13.

Could you please make an HPET-OFF-update for the final F14 Bios-Update? PLEASE

@Silverbreaker - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…211885548197115
Flash via Qflash

Thanks a lot man!

@Silverbreaker - no problem, let me know how it goes!

sorry but i cant find the entry for hpet? i flashed it with qflash (full - not "fast") -
how can i see that hpet is off?

@Silverbreaker - However you saw the HPET was enabled originally! Full or Fast is fine for this edit, both flash BIOS region and that is all that was edited here (Full just additionally flashes FD+ME)

This is not an edit to make the setting visible, if you want that you need a full BIOS unlock and we have to go through a bunch of stuff, short tests, you show me lots of images etc, then final BIOS after a while.
This is because the setting is in a menu that is not currently visible to you by default (PCH Config), so the menu needs added, and some BIOS menu count and position is locked in place due to GUI layout.
Because of this, some BIOS even with 10 visible menus you only can see 6 and have to scroll blindly to left or right to get into the now visible yet still hidden menus (only because you can’t see them, due to GUI locked in place.

We can do that if you want, up to you? It’s disabled now though, no way it can be enabled, I disabled in in NVRAM x3, Setup and AMITSE/Setup

I think you can check this in device manager, expand “System Devices”

thank you very much again :slight_smile: i believe you that its off

@Silverbreaker - You’re welcome! While you can believe me, and there should be no way it’s on, you can check in device manager where I mentioned, if you don’t see it listed (High Precision Timer) then it’s off.
You can confirm that by then flashing back in stock BIOS and it will be enabled, which you can confirm by checking in device manager and then you’ll see it.

yeah i know the entry in the device manager - Ive disabled it already but its there. It was even there, when I disabled hpet in the past bios f5h - so its not related…

OK, I wasn’t sure, and that’s what some mentioned when I tried to look in google for you on how to tell if it’s enabled/disabled.

i know bumping threads is annoying, but do you still have this modded bios by any chance? the link doesn’t seem to work anymore :frowning: