Help me guys my i5 9400F turned to 4 core 4 threads

I was using my 8100 on ASUS Z270-A i requested to my friend to make Coffelake BIOS

And today i’ve got my 9400f and i Insulationed my cpu like this (https://ncache.ilbe.com/files/attach/new…671d0367328.jpg)

When it’s done, booted my pc and i can see i5-9400f in BIOS.

But after come windows when i get into task manager, i see 4 core 4 threads only.

I asked to my friend, he says he made his bios before 9400f is came out maybe there’s a bug with microcode.

So i have to adjust my bios, can someone help me pls? i have to know microcodes from 9400f

Thanks.

@nomukun - Sounds like incorrect BIOS mod, do you have flash programmer? If not, order one now (CH341A) and SOIC8 test clip cable if BIOS soldered to board, or pinmod your board to unlock the FD and allow FD and ME re-write, then make new BIOS using one of these AIO tools below
FD region re-write is critical, as is ME if you need to downgrade to certain version (ie 11.8) - this user was able to re-write ME region using funky method - [TOOL] Easy automated Mod tool for Coffee Lake bios (17)

@svarmod @revlaay probably best to advise you on this, or post in one of the threads linked below.

[TOOL] Easy automated Mod tool for Coffee Lake bios
[GUIDE] Coffee Lake CPUs on Skylake and Kaby Lake motherboards (57)

@nomukun
can you solve it?

To check which microcode you need, check CPU revision in CPU-Z - is it P0 (906EC CPUID) or R0 (906ED CPUID)?