[Help] Need AHCI enabled on Nvidia Nforce 720a board

Hello,

I came cross trouble with MSI 3665h board when I tried to enable AHCI mode for SATA access mode. It appears that AHCI option was taken away from bios (even latest one 1.60), However the on board chipset nforce720a DOES support AHCI/RAID mode and I can even find PCI OPTION ROM inside bios for MCP78s (10de:0ad8). Also tried String search in bios for SATA mode Select or AHCI but doesn’t give me any clue. Thanks

HPpro3005.zip (480 KB)

Do you know how to flash mod BIOS on this system? What is the model?

Hi Lost_N_BIOS,

Thanks for you taking care of my problem. The PC model is HP pro 3005 and here is links from manufacture website https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01926406; https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/sel…ower-pc/4047689. The bios is AMI v8 type and I can open it with AMIBCP3.13 and MMtool3.26. I have no problem to flash mod bios with tool given by Vendor HP since I have done once for inserting SLIC2.1 table. Please let me know if anything else you need.

Regards

Thanks, I was not sure if your attached file was correct model name or not, I try to keep BIOS in proper model folders in case I need in the future.
There is no option for IDE, AHCI, or RAID in this BIOS. Was it there in previous BIOS? If yes, please link me to that BIOS so I can look
FYI BCP 3.37 works too, if you wanted to know latest that will work

Thanks you for let me know latest BCP supports this. There is no such options in previous bios neither. In both mod or original BIOS I can find AHCI, SATA mode Select, AHCI mode and etc. in Bios String from MMtool but that leads me to nowhere when I tried to search through whole BIOS. The original BIOS files stripped from HP download website (since exe file won’t be allowed for upload) is attached just in case. Many thanks!

sp52181_HPpro3005.zip (1.45 MB)

As matter of fact I found one bios for Pegatron M2N78-LA from HP was very similar to the design of board (same chipset but different sound card), this one does support choice for AHCI. Hope this would be helpful to you. Thanks!

sp46426_vle5.22.zip (1.34 MB)

What do you mean original BIOS stripped from EXE? You can put exe in zip if you want, or link me directly to the exe at HP’s site. How is this different from what you attached at post #1 anyway?
BIOS strings do not always have anything to do with BIOS settings content, often a base BIOS is used and then configured from that for many different models, strings will be left in that are never used for settings, so just because you find string does not mean anything to actual BIOS settings possibilities.

No, other BIOS does not matter here, unless you see thread/post where someone programmed that BIOS into your exact model motherboard and it worked, then it could be useful if you have flash programmer to do the same, otherwise it’s not relevant here.

I am sorry to confuse you. The stripped version means I zipped all content which was obtained from unpacked original EXE bios file download from HP support page, which can be found with this link https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/sel…ower-pc/4047689. The original EXE BIOS file can be download in here. https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52001-52500/sp52181.exe The file in #1 post is modded bios with slic2.1 table injected. It is based on original bios sp52181.exe link above. Hope I had clarified what I intent to state.

It’s very kind of you to give me advice on what is I am doing. I won’t wast my time again in wrong direction.

Ohh, OK. I wouldn’t want unpacked, I would want the exe so I could unpack myself, if I needed to look at stock BIOS (which for now, I really don’t need to check, since you already sent me stock BIOS you edited and are using now)

Sorry, I don’t see anything we can do here, you do not have these BIOS options you want, so we can’t make them visible or enable them/change them etc.

Understood. Thanks for your time. I have another question on how to replace Option Rom for MCP78s chipset. If this board shares the same chipset with other boards like the one I posted in #6, can I replace Option Rom for MCP78s chipset with the same module from #6 bios for Pegatron M2N78-LA? Would this cause harm?