[Help needed] DPC WatchDog Violation BSOD on Win10 v2004

Hello
Since the latest update of Windows, 2020, I’ve been getting Blue Screens of Death - DPC Watchdog Violation.
I installed the “Intel (R) Sata AHCI Controller DEV_1E02 added by Fernando” drivers, version: 14.8.18.1066, date: 06/09/2017.
Since I installed the mentioned drivers, I’m getting the BSOD much more rarely but I’m still getting them.

Are there any updated or any drivers that fix the BSODs?

My motherboard is: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H with Intel C216 Chipset (If I’m not mistaken)

Thanks

EDIT by Fernando: Thread title shortened

@mariosx :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
I have customized your chosen thread title (was too long) and hope, that it is ok for you.

Since the DPC watchdog violation BSOD is usually caused by the usage of a not 100% matching storage driver, I am surprised about your report, that your BSOD situation was even worse while running the “normal” generic Win10 in-box MS AHCI driver named storahci.sys. It may have been not a good idea to install the mod+signed Intel RST(e) driver v14.8.18.1066, because none of the newer Intel RST drivers (from v14 platform up) do natively support Intel 7-Series Chipset systems.
I recommend to install the following 2 “pure” Intel RST(e) drivers manually from within the Device Manager and compare them with the previously tested AHCI drivers:
a) Intel RST(e) AHCI driver v13.1.0.1058 WHQL (dated 05/28/2014 and the latest with native support of your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller)
b) Universal Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID driver v13.2.8.1002 mod+signed by me (dated 07/09/2015 and according to my own experience the absolutely best Intel AHCI driver for my old Z77 chipset system).
Since both AHCI drivers are older than your currently running one, you may have to force the installation by using the “Have Disk” option and pointing to the file named iaAHCIC.inf.
Note: Don’t install the related RST Software. If you should have installed the RST Software v14.8.18.1066, uninstall it from within the Control Panel and reboot before you begin with the installation of the above mentioned “pure” drivers.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando :

Thanks for replying, I installed the suggested drivers.
Let’s hope I’ll be not getting any errors again.

I don’t want to buy a new PC for running the latest Windows Updates, even if it is the time to upgrade.

@mariosx :
Which one of my recommended Intel RST(e) AHCI drivers are you currently testing?
Don’t forget to post your test results into this thread (may be very useful for other users, which are affected by a similar issue).
Good luck!

@Fernando :
I’m using Intel RST(e) AHCI driver v13.1.0.1058 WHQL, the one you suggested.
Yes sure,
My blue screens of death vary.
Since installation, no BSOD yet.

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded fully quoted post removed (to save space and Forum access time)

Unfortunately, BSODs have continued to occur.
Still working on finding a solution.

UPDATE:
I used IO Bit Driver Booster Pro

Found here:
https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php

Normally, I am against these type of software but I had no other choice.

That software installed many drivers for me and my problem got fixed.

I no longer have BSoDs.

Generally the DPC WATCHDOG blue screen error is caused due to the hardware incompatibility, software issues and outdated drivers.
Moreover it is suggested to change the iastor.sys driver
In a Microsoft community forum thread it is suggested that replacing the iastor.sys driver with the storahci.sys driver will fix DPC Watchdog Violation error.
So, follow the steps to do so:
• Right-click the Start > choose Device Manager.
• Then expand the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
• Now choose the controller with SATA AHCI in its name (Standard SATA AHCI Controller).
• Well to verify you’ve selected the right controller > right-click the controller > choose Properties > click the Driver tab, > Driver Details. And check that iastor.sys is a listed driver > click OK.
• Next from the Driver tab > choose Update Driver.
• Then choose Browse my computer for driver software.
• And select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > choose Standard SATA AHCI Controller.
• Click Next > Close > restart the PC.
Hope this works for you to fix DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 10 error or else uninstall the recently update.

Source: pcerror-fix.com/solution-to-fix-dpc-watchdog-violation-windows-10