[Help Request] Changing from Windows Boot Manager to Hard Drive / Weird boot issue. Windows 10 2019 LTSC

Hi, can anybody help me figure out how to let my BIOS boot from my HDD and not Windows Boot Manager or why my PC needs at least a minute to boot even though it’s not even a bad one.
When booting the keyboard and mouse turn on and off a lot as if the PC is rebooting all the time.
I have already disabled ULPS and tried both fast and normal boot.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you

For the boot issue, do a clean install with only the hard drive you want to boot from connected to the PC, then once done connect any other secondary drives.
That may solve all the issues you mention.

If the PC is rebooting, or double-triple boot etc, you can verify by looking at the fans or any LED’s on the board to confirm what’s going on, if you aren’t 100% sure by the keyboard/mouse LED’s (That may be drives loading/unloading)
If it is booting many times, that may be due to incorrect settings for CPU/memory, causing it to keep trying to load/apply your settings as it trains itself to boot smoothly. Do you see “Overclock Failed” or any messages like that after these instances when entering the BIOS?

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS , thank you for your answer.
The problem persists with clean BIOS (no setting changed)

No settings changed (Auto/optimized defaults) does not mean that is the correct settings for your hardware, especially memory. What memory are you using, and how much, was it designed for this chipset?
Have you ran stability tests, such as Prime95 or HCI memtest? Does this happen on all BIOS, even older ones (not modified)?

I’ve tested default 2133 memory settings and 3000. I’m using one 8gb G.Skill Aegis DDR4 3000. I’ve tried XMP settings and handtyped settings for 3000. This has happened for 2133 on F24c, F23 and F24. 3000 I’ve only tried on F24 and F24c.
I have run memtest and Prime95. On memtest I checked 2133, 3000 XMP and 3200. No errors for 2133 and 3000. On 3200 there were errors with test 7 so I went back to 2133 and 3000.

How long did you run memtest? Many hours is best, overnight or longer. What about Prime95? And have you tested BIOS older than F23, it could be BIOS issue/bug, hard to say.
Is that memory kit designed for this chipset? What’s the full model name, I can check for you, it may be made for Intel, meaning some of the timings and subtimings would be incorrect when used with AMD. For help with that, you’d need someone familiar with DDR4 for AMD.

I’ve run memtest for 2 hours on 3000 with no error. Maybe it could actually be that it’s made for Intel, but haven’t read about something about that yet

2 hours is no where near enough time to be sure memory is stable. And yes, if the kit is designed for Intel then some settings may be set incorrectly in auto or especially in XMP mode since XMP=Intel.

Okay, will have to test longer then once I have time.
Thank you

Do while you sleep or while you are gone for work etc.

Tightened my timings for Ryzen and let memtest run while I was at work. Everything seems to be stable with memory. Could it be the Sata ports or something like that? Maybe drivers?

@suikoden :
To be able to help you, we need some elementary infos about your system:
1. Mainboard/chipset of your PC/Mobile
2. Amount and models of the HDDs/SSDs, which are connected to your system (incl. sort of connection and used protocol)
3. Amount of bootable HDDs/SSDs

What is the reason for changing the HDD/SSD you want to boot off?
How many boot sectors did you create onto how many HDDs/SSDs for which purpose?

Hi @Fernando ,
1. GA-AX370M-DS3H
2. 1 HDD, it’s an old one, wanting to upgrade to an SSD soon. Model Samsung ST500LM012 (HN-M500MBB). Connected on Sata 3.0
I’m using an old External Hard Drive for almost all of my files except for Windows. It’s from Seagate, but I can’t even find the exact model name anymore.
3. Only one
4. There’s not a good reason behind it. It kind of struck me as odd and I thought maybe it would fix something.
5. Only one boot sector.

@suikoden :
Thanks for your reply and for the additional information.
Since your system has just 1 bootsector on 1 single HDD, it doesn’t make any sense to change the boot order from the entry “Windows Boot Manager” to the listed name of the HDD.
If you have installed the OS in UEFI mode using the GUIMode Partition Table (GPT), the correct entry you have to choose is the “Windows Boot Manager”, whereas the name of the HDD should be chosen, if you had installed the OS in LEGACY mode using the Master Boot Record (MBR).
You cannot switch between both options.

Okay thanks.
Do you maybe know of anything that cause the problem?
It’s as if my PC just can’t use my CPU for the boot but after a minute CPU goes all out for a second and my PC is able to boot.

@suikoden :
Provided, that neither the currently flashed BIOS nor any of the in-use devices are faulty, you can shorten the boot time by
a) replacing the HDD by an SSD,
b) disabling the CSM option within the BIOS (if that option is available and a suitable GopDriver is present within the BIOS),
c) installing the OS in UEFI mode,
d) using the best matching storage driver for the Controller, where the system drive is connected to, and
e) disabling within the Task Manager all not required services, which are automaticly loaded at Startup.

a) will do that as soon as I can
b) will have to look that up in my BIOS
c) should try that too
d) will have to look that up too
e) have already done that
Thank you