[HELP] Unlock Advanced hidden menu from bios of Samsung Odyssey Notebook

@Lost_N_BIOS AFAIK it still works though, you’d need to ask someone with an nvidia card to verify but nvidia haven’t changed their control panel in 10+ years so I wouldn’t be surprised if coolbits 2 still works.

I’m totally zen… except for when someone is being an asshat without reason

I use AMD always, so I have no clue about anything Nvidia

@ket
I am always grateful to people for good advice! Always help as I can. But to send me to programs that are more than 15 years old was not a good idea.

Lost_N_BIOS you are the best! :+1::ok_hand::call_me_hand:
Thank you for your time!

Again, it was made pretty clear it would be a stretch, and often when meddling in niche aspects unorthodox solutions are required. Also, as it seems like you flat out couldn’t be bothered to look in to my suggestion I’ll >verify< that coolbits 2 does seem to work with Pascal cards, post #272.

No luck, the display backlight works but it remains black :frowning:

Hey guys!
Does anybody have a BIOS dump / rom for Samsung Notebook Odyssey NP850XBC-X02US?
I would be very grateful.

I’ve been trying to achieve a similar result with my Samsung Odyssey Laptop. But I was following instructions off of someone with np850xbc-x01, while my version is np850xbc-x02us (ugh, I know… I only noticed that detail a little late)

I was given the instruction to USB boot to grub, and put in this command
setup_var 0xA4B 0x1
He used the BIOS dump at his disposal to identity which hex pointed to the integrated graphics card, and which parameter would enable it.

Anyway, after restarting the laptop it got hard bricked. Not only does it get caught in a loop and the power button flashes red, the screen stays black, and I can’t access anything - no BIOS, no USB boot - nothing.

After pulling my hair and spending hours researching this laptop that almost noone else uses, I decided to turn to repair shops. I found a hardware engineer with a BIOS chip reader, who said that he can take the chip out for me, but Samsung doesn’t provide a BIOS dump or rom to use.

Does anybody have a BIOS dump / rom for Samsung Notebook Odyssey NP850XBC-X02US?
I would be very grateful. (Sorry for repeat)

I just bought this expensive laptop, and currently it’s as valuable the SSD and ram parts in it :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Alternatively, if you have any other solutions I’m all ears!!

I have Samsung Notebook Odyssey NP850XBC-X01US :frowning:

@zMaricius - Order flash programmer like CH341A + SOIC8 Test clip w/ cable, cheap/slow shipped examples linked below, but you can get them shipped faster from other sellers on ebay, or places like Amazon or other shops that sell PC Stuff, for more $$ (sometimes in a kit with both as well)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/303430287760
https://www.ebay.com/itm/183425731977

Once you get it, DO NOT ERASE or Write anything, until you’ve dumped BIOS and sent to me to check, so I can confirm we have a good dump of your BIOS before moving forward to fix.
Then I can just change the setting you changed back, you program it in, and you’ll be back up and running again

Here is guide on using - [GUIDE] Flash BIOS with CH341A programmer
Here is general software package - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…695330485827902
Once you get into laptop inside, tell me BIOS ID off the BIOS chip, in case you need to use certain software, or other than exact ID, or in case you need to also add a 1.8V adapter to your order (So check soon, due to this) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/193406941379

Where can I download your model’s BIOS, so I can see what you actually changed? Ideally, this should be same BIOS version you were using too, if you know the version, because sometimes the variables are different between BIOS versions.

Hi, Im trying to use wake on lan on my odyssey (NP800G5M - XG2BR) but it isn’t working, I think that is because my bios doesn’t have the option “wake by PCI-Express”, the file on #12 “make” this option appears? (I dont have much knoledge about…)

@Lost_N_BIOS do I need to have a BIOS flash programmer to use this?

I have an Samsung NP350XBE-XD1BR, does the BIOS from the first page work with it?

And, what about the risk?

(I’m new to BIOS flashing, I’d like to change my RAM latency and change CPU, GPU and RAM voltage.)

Lost has been away since January, post a REQUEST here: BIOS Modding Requests

@mediadoctor
Do you still have the BIOS file with the advanced menu?