[Help] Unlocking Asus TUF FX705GE BIOS

Good evening everybody.

I have an Asus TUF FX705GE, pretty decent laptop given the price, and I’m amazed by how capable the 1050Ti is compared to the 980m in my MSI GT72.

So, some time ago I tried to read the BIOS wit FPT and was amazed that BIOS region is unlocked, and that 1050Ti VBIOS is bundled with the main BIOS, so I tried to mod the GPU TDP from the original 22Watts to a more decent 35Watts, re-packed the VBIOS, flashed and in conjunction with a repaste and MSI Afterburner curve editor the 1050Ti can keep a stable 1800Mhz clock at 0.875V.

Now I wanted to squeeze a bit more my CPU, and also set a bit more memory for the iGPU because I run a couple of VM’s for work and the stock 128MB are too littlle.
This being a graphical AMI BIOS I didn’t expect the basic AMIBCP edit to work, and it indeed doesn’t work at all…

I found this thread:
[Need Help] ASUS FX504GD BIOS modification

And it seems possible to do so, if someone can help me modding this BIOS, I will donate both to the user that pulls it off, and to the forum.

Attached is a zip file with the stock BIOS dump, plus the extracted stock VBios plus the edited VBios.

Best regards.

TUF FX705GE.zip (4.43 MB)

@senso - Hey, I can help! (I think)

Please confirm, you already can/have wrote modified BIOS region with FPT, without issue (FPTw.exe -bios -f filename.bin)? If yes, great!
Please also confirm, the above “dump” is that your FPT BIOS region dump (FPTw.exe -bios -d name.bin)? If yes, great! If not, please flash stock BIOS and then dump the BIOS region for me using that command.
Also, please archive for me, one image of each main BIOS page (main, Advanced, Security, Boot, Exit etc) On Advanced, if you have to scroll up/down to show me all the submenus at the root please do, but I don’t need to see inside any submenu right now. You can F12 hotkey screenshot to USB
I do not need any vBIOS stuff, that’s all you, but leave there, maybe others can use later

BTW, AMIBCP would work to make individual settings or submenus visible, but only in currently visible menus, and may only work on some settings/submenus because some may be also hidden by a suppress code that AMIBCP does not override

@Lost_N_BIOS

Good morning, sorry for the delay, but I have been pretty busy with work.

So, to get back into this topic, I tried to take screenshots using a FAT32 formated pen, to no avail, so I took some photos with my phone, not the best, but they are readable.

Yes, I can read and write into at least the BIOS space using FPTW.exe, I’m attaching a fresh dump and also the photos of the currently accessible BIOS menus.

Best regards and thanks for you time!

BIOS Images.zip (1.68 MB)

dump_FX705_27_02_2020.zip (4.27 MB)

@senso - Always busy and behind myself, so I know what you mean

So, I see you left TONS of failed edits in this BIOS, not good. Please confirm for me, that vBIOS is all you modified, outside of AMIBCP?
If so, I will pull your NVRAM, system specific padding file, MAC ID in GBE and vBIOS out, and replace it back into stock version of this BIOS, I can’t work on top of all those failed changes you made (I’d have to undue each one individually and I’m not taking the time to do that, would take forever)
Additionally, on the vBIOS, which exact GUID did you edit? Some BIOS have multiple vBIOS in them, so asking in advance, I haven’t looked, there may only be one
Or, you can send send me your edited FPT BIOS dump you made, that you ONLY inserted your modified vBIOS into, without any AMIBCP changes. That I could work with as well, but I can’t undo all those unnecessary and failed AMIBCP Changes
You should always undo anything like that as soon as you test and if doesn’t work, don’t leave failed changes in a BIOS

Hi @Lost_N_Bios

Did ask for your help in this thread some days ago, and also pm’d u:

ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA-Modded Bios?? (2)

Are u helping us???

Thanks a lot.

@Lost_N_BIOS

Good evening, I was trying to see if it was like the old Aptio 4 BIOS that only needed that to have access to all menus, then as it didn’t work I left the BIOS and didn’t flash back the prior version.

Here it goes, my BIOS with only the vBIOS modified.

The modified GUID is the one on the 10de line of the attached image.

Modified oROM.png

Best regards.

bios_vBIOS_mod.zip (4.27 MB)

Lost_N_BIOS help me my email : [email protected]

@senso - Your BIOS images are missing “Main”, I don’t need to see it really, except for the very bottom, I need to know what is says your “Access Level” is?
Since you uploaded your vBIOS edited BIOS only, I will use that as base, and don’t need to know what GUID you edited. I assume this is FPT backup, you dumped, then vBIOS edited, correct?

* Edit - please test, let me know if either of these you can see “chipset” or not, and check both, inside Advanced, can you see secondary in-depth advanced (inside original advanced, under EZ Flash 3)
If no on both items, for both BIOS, it’s OK, just wanted to try this easy way first. Don’t worry, I can get it other way instead if these fail
https://ufile.io/zfgkxdu9

@amd_comeback - please make a thread if you have not already, then I will help once I get caught back up.

@vmanuelgm - Very sorry, I’m super behind and trying to get caught back up.
No need to post in other threads or send PM, unless it’s super urgent (which this is not)

[Help] Full Unlocked Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43

@Lost_N_Bios
Thanks for your reply. I understand u are coming to the other thread soon…

Good morning @Lost_N_BIOS ,

The access level is reported as being Administrator.
I will try your mods and report back.

Thanks for your work.

Hello everyone,
I have the same notebook because the bios is on Intel AHCI Pro and not on NVME PCI-E I’m looking for a MOD that unlocks all options.

Has ds already worked?

the current bios is this:
Version 307
2021/07/15
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/FX705GE/FX705GEAS307.zip

Thanks for your response.

AHCI “PRO” doesnt exist…

EDIT: You’re not making sense… if the laptop supports M.2 NVMe, the SATA controller stays as AHCI (PRO never existed), for example for secondary ports/discs on some laptop models (Like yours FX705GE) that can carry aditional drives, NVMe drives will not use this because by default uses the PCIe bus and the onboard bios NVMe protocol, so your request is not valid.

Only the mechanical hdd you see on the photo will use the AHCI protocol, not M.2 PCIe NVME devices.

it is currently on AHCI Pro.

I want to set it to NVME PCI-E.

This is a NVME M2 Bus.
NVME 1.X is just not present in the BIOS.