[HELP] Unlocking Undervolting on Ideapad 3-15IML05 (InsydeH2O)

Hello, I’m very new to this forum so I apologize if I do something wrong.

With that being said,
I need help with unlocking/enabling undervolting on my Lenovo Ideapad 3 with the Intel i7-10510U.
I found a Reddit post made by user u/pongpaktecha (can’t post the link because I’m a new member) with a guide on how to unlock and enable undervolting on Lenovo laptops using RU.efi
The process roughly involves extracting the PE32 image containing the “Overclocking Lock” text in UEFITool, extracting it once again using Universal IFR extractor, checking the hex address of the “Overclocking Lock” variable and finally, modifying the value in RU.efi from 1 to 0. I got 0xDA as the hex address for my BIOS.
So far, nobody has reported a bricked system in the comments using this method but I’m still a bit skeptical.
My laptop is quite new and was quite expensive (for me at least) so I clearly want to eliminate the chances of bricking it. I want to go through with undervolting because my CPU temperatures always hit 95°C under load.
How high is the risk involved in modifying the “Overclocking Lock” value, if there even is any?

BIOS recovery for me isn’t really possible because:
1. I don’t know the BIOS recovery filename as PhoenixTool doesn’t show it using my particular BIOS.fd file.
2. I don’t have a raw dump of the BIOS chip, nor do I have an SPI flash programmer.
3. If I do manage to re-flash it somehow, I will most likely lose the serial and model number which will void my warranty and cause Lenovo Vantage to not detect my system.
I will practically be forced to send my laptop to a service center and pay a hefty price for a “motherboard replacement”.

I’m not at all experienced in BIOS modding but from what I’ve read, some people say that clearing the CMOS will also reset the problematic UEFI variable/BIOS setting by clearing the NVRAM while others say that clearing the CMOS will have no effect because the BIOS settings are written to the BIOS itself and a re-flash will be necessary.
Which of these is actually true and does it depend from system to system? Will there be any consequences from removing the CMOS battery? (sorry if I’m asking too many questions)

Here’s some information about my system that may or may not be helpful:
Product Name: Lenovo Ideapad 3-15IML05
Model Number: 81WB006JRM or just 81WB
Motherboard: LNVNB161216
BIOS Version: Lenovo DXCN25WW
BIOS Date: 15/07/2020
BIOS Manufacturer: Insyde/InsydeH2O
BIOS Chip: Winbond 25Q128JVSQ (not entirely sure because I saw it in disassembly pictures of the same laptop)
SMBIOS Version: 3.2
Embedded Controller Version: 1.25
CPU: Intel Core i7-10510U Comet Lake
Intel ME Firmware Version: 14.0.33.1125 (in ME Analyzer), 14.0.10.1204 (in AIDA64 DMI)
Intel Microcode Revision: D6

These are the BIOS files that I have (which I can’t upload due to the 6 MB size limit despite highly compressing them with WinRAR):
1. DXCN25WW.exe - The InsydeH2O BIOS update file I got from Lenovo’s website
2. BIOS.fd - The BIOS file I extracted from DXCN25WW.exe
3. CapsuleUpdateFile1000.bin - A file I got from the EFI partition in Windows (which seems to be exactly the same as BIOS.fd)

The files can easily be found by going to Lenovo’s Drivers and Software page for my particular laptop model, downloading the Lenovo BIOS update utility, running it and choosing “Extract Only” which should give you the DXCN25WW.exe file I mentioned.
Then, the file can be opened with WinRAR from which you can extract the BIOS.fd file.

Should I go through with the procedure?
Feel free to ask any other questions you have.
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!