Help w/ ASUS P6T WS and PCIe 3.0 Boot

Good morning.

I have recently acquired an IO CREST Dual M.2 B-Key SSD Carrier, based on the PCI Express 3.0 bus. This PCIe board reportedly employs the Jmicron JMB582 Chipset. The PCIe board seems to work perfectly: both Windows and Linux see the M.2 SATA SSDs installed in it. If I try to install Windows, the installer even attempts a setup on the first SSD (there are 2 installed, which I planned to have configured as RAID 1 in Windows). However, as the drives simply do not appear in the BIOS, booting is just not possible and I end up in some endless loop on startup.

I have used MMTool in the past (to inject CPU microcodes) and I could say I have a bit of familiarity with it. I found a Samsung M.2 ffs in another topic, but I am not sure that simply injecting that module, in a non-UEFI BIOS, would do anything good (other than possibly bricking the mobo). Shall I inject an ffs w/ Jmicron support maybe? Would that be sufficient?

Can you please help? I am kind of stuck here.

Common an off board controller not showing in bios, the question is, does the OS setup loads any driver or need any driver for it during destination drive setup.
An inject bios module is not always required for this, but seems that this device class (PCIe bridge controller) is only for storage solution besides some advertisements of "Support install Windows OS from Win10 PE"
PCIe bridge controllers dont have bootable drivers, the driver that you need to give to OS setup.
https://www.jmicron.com/products/list/15

Hello MeatWar and thanks for replying.

Neither Windows nor Linux needed ANY whatsoever driver to see the two (2) SSDs connected to the IOCREST PCIe board w/ the JMB582. When I say "Windows", I mean "Windows 7". So, NO, no drivers were loaded, the SSDs are immediately visible without any drivers.

The issue is the boot. Since I cannot select in the BIOS the boot device, I cannot select either of the two SSDs in the IOCREST board. Windows 7 installs happily to one, in the first installation phase, but when rebooting, the BIOS tries to boot from another mechanical SATA drive installed, giving a "no OS" error and entering in some loop.

So the issue for me is selecting the SSDs in the PCIe board for boot. How can I do that? I mean, granted that it is possible…

I wasnt talking about drivers for in-OS, i was talking of F6 Setup OS drivers needed for an OS setup correctly identify the add-on hardware from a user machine.
Any OS 7 up doesnt need drivers and see them as generic storage device, even an NVMe.
You will never see any of this disks in bios even if a mod was done with a possible OpROM/FFS, this is a BRIDGE Adapter.
Now if an OS was installed in a disk and if there was any entries in volume boot manager it could be set, but ur bios is legacy.
Another option was selecting the boot priority upon an add-on card IF the card had any OpROM for it, this is the only way in this case but u dont have any OpRom specific for that card to inject in a legacy bios
Do you know where to get this… i dont.
Understand now the issue and your options? Your ideia to use that RAID (and/or maybe a bad decision on the card model) on a legacy board was a bad decision… my point of view only.
But you can wait for other users opinion.