Help with UEFI on Surface Pro

In your image, that’s all in the NVRAM module of the BIOS, it’s what I’m correcting right now. And yes, Microsoft must use OEMAP, since it’s in your original backup BIOS.
It’s probably some generic thing, but wow, that current BIOS dump has it everywhere, as data value entries, serials, ID’s, etc and even in secure file signatures too and signed certificates.

@eknsibby - Let’s try this direct swap of your original NVRAM first, it’s much easier that way vs editing NVRAM entries one by one (I always break NVRAM links and takes me forever to correct), if this one boots all done at once.
If there is a corrupted bit in there it wont be bootable, sorry, that may be why it bricked initially, only this test will let us know.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…675779164157524

If this fails to boot, sorry and go ahead and put back in your backup BIOS. If it does fail you’ll have to wait on me to correct the entries one by one, so please be patient it may take me a while.
It’s not simply copy/paste names/ID’s etc links/offsets/file sizes, file state etc, for each entry also then have to be corrected since the values of what we change are not same size, if it was all same size then no problems and I’d be done with that method already.

Ok I will try this out when I get home. How should I go about flashing this?
@Lost_N_BIOS

@eknsibby - With programmer, and due to it’s direct swap in from your bricked BIOS, be ready to recover to your known working good BIOS.
This test saves me a lot of time doing tedious edits that may not be needed, so best to try this first, then do the tough way if necessary.

Ok. So I wont be able to do it without having to take apart huh. If so I can try and get it done today. Also is there a way to be able to reflash later on without having to take apart?
@Lost_N_BIOS

@eknsibby - You can flash it in, I forgot and was thinking this was entire dump edit. Yes, if it will let you go ahead and flash in via FPTw.exe -bios -f filename.bin
Yes, if you always want to be able to flash any region, you can unlock FD, but to do that I need an entire dump to edit, then you program it back in, then that will be last time you need to do that.

@Lost_N_BIOS So I tried using FPTw.exe to flash but I get a Error 368 : Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space. FPT Operation Failed. So It looks like I will have to use programmer huh.

@eknsibby - No, for error 368 use my guide - [GUIDE] Grub Fix Intel FPT Error 368 - BIOS Lock Asus/Other Mod BIOS Flash
Alt boot to grub when no boot to EFI on exit page - [Help needed] Hidden Advanced menu Bios HP Z1 J52_0274.BIN (2)

However, you’ll have to wait until I can find your variables to use, right now I can’t find your setup module. Please show me a few images of the BIOS so I can see some settings, hopefully that will help me find the module.
If we can’t end up finding, then yes you may need to use a programmer if normal flash method wont update it for you.

@Lost_N_BIOS Ok do I use a the program for the earlier post for the BIOS pictures you want?

@eknsibby - If "F12" does not put screenshot of BIOS onto USB Stick, then you will need to use a camera, then zip up the images and upload/send me link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vib0c1fpishios…61837e.rar?dl=0
Here is the link
@Lost_N_BIOS

@eknsibby - thanks for the BIOS image, but this doesn’t show any settings, I need to see a few of the actual settings.

@Lost_N_BIOS What pictures do you need exactly. Sorry I’m kind of lost. Do you need pictures in each section like Security, Devices. Boot configuration?

Any is fine, but I need to see some settings/options. I don’t need to see it all, just some BIOS settings, so I can see their exact names as used in the BIOS. Yes, pick a section that has settings in it, then grab an image of that page, that’s all I need.

@Lost_N_BIOS Here is the link. thanks again for all your help.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3k0fg5xx8wjcj6w/BIOS.rar?dl=0

Thanks @eknsibby - those images helped me fine all the modules I already found, so seems there is not hidden BIOS lock setting in a BIOS setting type format that we can use. So yes, I think you will have to take apart again to re-program, this time leave apart until you are sure we’re done.

@Lost_N_BIOS Ok thanks a lot for your help so far. I should have time this weekend to take apart and flash.

@Lost_N_BIOS Hey I found a OEM copy of a full Bios.

@eknsibby - I could have done that for you, I don’t get why you looked around for one, I mean what do you have in mind with that?

Ooh no I found one but they are charging $10 for it. I just thought we needed it to unlock the FD.
@Lost_N_BIOS

@eknsibby - You can unlock the FD in this and most any BIOS in few seconds via hex editor, no need to pay anyone for that. Flashing that unlocked FD to the board is the issue.
See here in section “B”, second spoiler, second image in there where you edit lines 80-90, that is all you do to unlock FD in a BIOS for this system, that’s the easy part
[Guide] Unlock Intel Flash Descriptor Read/Write Access Permissions for SPI Servicing