Help with UEFI on Surface Pro

Oh ok. good thing I didn’t pay for it. Well I will be flashing the chip this weekend and will report back to you on how everything goes. thanks

@eknsibby - Before you program anything in, be sure you get a verified and valid backup. Valid as in opens in hex editor and make sure it’s not all FF or 00, and that is opens in other BIOS tools and looks like a good normal BIOS.
If you are unsure, upload for me to check before you write anything to the chip, that way you don’t loose any system details that may or may not already be in your current backups.
Plus in doing this, you find out what software version works best for your setup and which chip ID works best etc, that way you don’t write right away and it fails and you don’t know why then left not being able to program back in anything else either until you get more help later.

If you need FD unlocked BIOS, and BIOS lock removed etc, send me your backup once you create and I will make those changes, then you can program it back in, that way next time if you need to flash anything it will be much easier and can be done from windows via FPT

@Lost_N_BIOS ok I will backup the chip before I write anything.

@Lost_N_BIOS Hey, haven’t been able to flash the chip since my brother has been busy. He’s the one who has the flasher.

@eknsibby - no rush, just update again when you get around to it, I will be here ready to help.

Hey, I had gotten a UEFI locked system from Microsoft and I have found out about this just after the warranty expired, The problem is that I am unable to turn off the Surface UEFI password and access the boot configuration lock (thankfully I have USB #1 on boot priority) so I can still boot from it, however secure boot is turned on causing all of my Windows and Ubuntu installations to fail. I really do not want to disassemble this computer, and I can’t afford another one. PLEASE HELP