Help with: Win10 Pro Raid 10 Write Back Crash with Intel RST

Greetings! About 6 months ago my previous Windows 10 Rig ran into issues when I had Write Back enabled on my raid 10 array using Intel’s RST, during heavy download traffic, or any download above 5 megabits my system would hang and become unresponsive. Consequently, that unit was built around a problematic Asus Maximus 7 Formula motherboard. I was able to remedy the issue on that rig by simply not using write back. Given that motherboard was flaky I RMA’ed it to ASUS but have since built a brand new rig with an MSI X299 Gaming Pro AC motherboard and migrated my previous data from the old raid to a new Raid 10. I’m also booting off a Samsung 960 EVO. The build has gone smoothly until, on the new unit I enabled Write Back on the Raid array as well. The exact same symptoms have arrived. During heavy downloading with any of the 3 LAN devices, or any externally controlled USB Lan Adapter the system will become unresponsive. I’m using a complete different set of hardware and Windows 10 Pro was a clean install on the new build. I’m at a total loss as to why this would be occurring. Anecdotally I can’t remember which Windows 10 build I was running on the previous system when I noticed that it was working ok, then went to not working properly. Additionally, the previous unit was an upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. After the initial upgrade the RAID behaved beautifully with Write Back enabled for about 12 months until it didn’t about 6 months ago.

Thank You in advance for any assistance anyone can render.

PS: Running Intel RST 15.9.0.1015 with this hardware:
MSI X299 Xpower Gaming AC
i7 7820X
Corsair H100i V2
4 x 8GB G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4400
500gb Samsung 960 Evo NVME (Boot Drive/OS)
4 x 6TB WD Black in Raid 1+0 (Majority Program, Data and User Profile storage)
Corsair AX 1200i PSU
Nvidia GeForce Titan (1st gen)
(nothing is overclocked)

@landomatic :
Welcome to the WinRAID Forum and thanks for your report. I am sorry for my delayed reply.

Regarding your Intel RST Write-Back issue I cannot really help you. As long as I am using Intel RAID systems with enabled Write-Back function, I never realized a problem like you.
My suggestion is to try Intel RST driver/BIOS module versions, which belong to another development branch (e.g. v15.5), and to look, whether this solves your problem.
If not, I recommend to contact the Intel Technical Support and to report your problem there.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Ok. "Thank you for your reply! Intel is offering to help. I will keep you updated if you like. My German is a bit rusty, I hope you do not mind."

Hi. Same problem here with 8700k and Asus Z370. Did you solve it?. Thanks and Sorry my language.