How can a kingston ssd brick a computer?

I put in this kingston ssd into both gigabyte computers and it ended up eventually bricking the computer after a few boots. Even after disconnecting the ssd the computer remained bricked unless if I restored the bios firmware from backup. Computer was bricked in the sense that it would turn on but no display would output.

I have the exact same kingston ssds but this particular one was the only one that caused this.

I put in the ssd into a mac all in one PC and whilst it did not at all brick the mac computer, the operating system does eventually crash after possibly 30 mintues of runtime.

In all the three computers, sometimes it will fail to detect the drive at all. It seems like this ssd is faulty but what is really interesting is the fact that how can it brick two gigabyte computers but not the mac and why would the motherboard allow some faulty ssd to even brick it?

I am going to take a wild guess here and that the ssd is writing to nvram (for whatever reason) but cause mac computer’s nvram is probably locked down, the ssd cannot even mess with nvram. I am not too sure if this is even true or not this is just a guess.

Just curious to know why this happens?