How to activate keyboard backlight on Asus Zenbook UX303UA ?

I had an english non-backlight keyboard on my zenbook, which was annoying since I live in Sweden. I checked with Asus support and got told that it is possible replace the english with a “Nordic” keyboard with backlight. I love the backlight, but unfortunately the keyboards were sold out and would probably not come back.
Managed to find one in China and it works like a charm, BUT not the backlight !.
The keyboard backlight works when connected it to an external power supply, but the connector on the motherboard is dead. 0V.
The bios settings are very basic and there is no backlight setting.
The leds never turns on in any stage of boot up. Re-installing the Windows ATK-package (Hot keys) does not activate “Fn+F3/Fn+F4” to set the backlight. (Other ATK-package bits work such as “ambient light sensor” and trackpad).
So, right now I think there is a hidden setting somewhere that tells my motherboard (and windows) that there is no backlight in my system, and windows doesn’t have to activate the keys for it. Asus support tells me to send it in, but the cost just for them to look at it is almost the same as I bought the machine for.
The machine is a UX303UA with i7-6500u, latest bios 303.
Has anyone got knowledge about this? Is there a tool to make more advanced settings?
Thanks in advance!

i have the same problem if you found a sullution i will be glad

follow this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd33Z3PpUdQ&t=454s guide

disable secure boot ,disable fast boot and enable legacy mode to boot into the drive

if you cant try removing the hard drive

you need to use this instead
use bt2 -c cnfg /w dd fc https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95257 from here

There’s also Asus BIOS Tool for Windows (WBT, version 3.14 circulating around), which should make it possible to set it without having to reboot into DOS.

And, for the record, on my UX31A (an earlier iteration of the similar design) the value was different by one bit: 0x7c (not 0xfc):

bt -c cnfg /w dd 7c