How to boost the AHCI/NVMe performance of Intel Chipset systems

@VyZi : Which are the HardwareIDs of your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller and which driver version did you integrate?

All the IDs are :

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D03&SUBSYS_11931025&REV_21
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D03&SUBSYS_11931025
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D03&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D03&CC_0106

In nLite I selected Single Driver, textmode driver, and then selected the DEV_9D03 driver from your mod+signed Intel RST 32x pack
After that I’ve got the pretty common for Windows 2000 AHCI installations problem which was iaStor.sys is corrupt
On lots of threads I saw that BlackWingCat’s ExtendedCore16a pack is supposed to fix it, and while indeed there was no error from iaStor this time, at the "Setup is startinng" part, Windows bluescreened with "INACESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" just like if the Intel drivers didn’t work for some reason

@VyZi :

Which was the exact name of the downloaded and used mod+signed driverpack?

@Fernando : "Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando"

@VyZi : Which size has its included file named iaStor.sys? Did you integrate more than 1 Intel SATA driver?

461KB, nope, only the 9D03 one

@VyZi : Ok, this verifies, that you have integrated the correct driver, but doesn’t explain the “iaStor.sys is corrupt” message.
Please repeat the nLite procedure, integrate nothing more than the mod+signed 32bit Intel AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006 and report whether you get the above error message.

Did that and got the "iaStor.sys is corrupt" error again, not sure what is causing the trouble

@VyZi : Thanks for having tested it.
Due to the fact, that thousands of users have integrated the same driver without having gotten the related error message, I am as unsure as you about the possible reason.

Yeah I have no idea what is the problem anymore
A quick sum up :
Windows 2000 with only the AHCI driver returns the iaStor.sys error, with both the AHCI driver and with BlackWingCat’s hotfix it BSoDs with 0x0000007B just like if the driver didn’t work at all for some reason
Windows XP with the AHCI driver doesn’t bluescreen which is a good start, however it can’t find any drive, just like if the driver broke in the process

Also it seems that Windows XP actually works with the DPMS drivers built into Easy2Boot but only on “RST With Optane” SATA mode, which I don’t really wanna use

@VyZi : For Windows 2000 I recommend to integrate the “Universal 32bit Intel MSM textmode driver v8.9.8.1005 mod+signed by me (done at 01/16/2020)”.
Maybe its Setup doesn’t accept any Intel RST driver.

Sure, will try that soon

Good afternoon to all. The following I want to integrate on my Leveno Thinkcentre M700 with Core i3 6500t and 8GB. I’m not which driver to integrate with Nlite. And which generation the Skylake B150 should be. Thank you in advance. Edit to English Speak :smiley:

Intel Skylake PCH-H DT/WS - SATA AHCI Controller [D1] ---------------------

[General Information]
Device Name: Intel Skylake PCH-H DT/WS - SATA AHCI Controller [D1]
Original Device Name: Intel Skylake PCH-H DT/WS - SATA AHCI Controller [D1]
Device Class: SATA AHCI Controller
Revision ID: 31 [D1]d
PCI Address (Bus:Device:Function) Number: 0:23:0
PCI Latency Timer: 0
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A102&SUBSYS_30D217AA&REV_31
[System Resources]
Interrupt Line: N/A
Interrupt Pin: INTA#
Memory Base Address 0 DF148000
Memory Base Address 1 DF14C000
I/O Base Address 2 F090
I/O Base Address 3 F080
I/O Base Address 4 F060
Memory Base Address 5 DF14B000
[Features]
Bus Mastering: Enabled
Running At 66 MHz: Capable
Fast Back-to-Back Transactions: Capable
[SATA Host Controller]
Interface Speed Supported: Gen3 6.0 Gbps
Number Of Ports: 6
External SATA Support: Not Capable
Aggressive Link Power Management: Capable
Staggered Spin-up: Not Capable
Mechanical Presence Switch: Not Capable
Command Queue Acceleration: Capable
64-bit Addressing: Capable
AHCI Status: Enabled
AHCI Version: 1.31
Ports Implemented: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
[SATA Port#0]
Port Status: Device Present, Phy communication established
Current Interface Speed: Gen3 6.0 Gbps
External SATA Port: Not Capable
Hot Plug: Not Capable
Device Type: SATA
[SATA Port#1]
Port Status: Phy in offline mode
[SATA Port#2]
[SATA Port#3]
[SATA Port#4]
[SATA Port#5]
[Driver Information]
Driver Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Driver Description: Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller
Driver Provider: Intel Corporation
Driver Version: 17.5.9.1040
Driver Date: 10-Dec-2019
DeviceInstanceId PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A102&SUBSYS_30D217AA&REV_31\3&11583659&0&B8
Location Paths PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1700)

@RS2016 : Welcomne to the Win-RAID Forum!
This is a pure English Forum (Forum Rule Nr. 12), other languages are not accepted. Only this way it is guaranteed, that all users with enough English knowledge or an English translator can read and understand all the contributions.
Although I am a German like you, I will only reply, if you have translated your request by editing your post.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Edit: Provided, that you want to install Windows XP x86 in AHCI mode, I recommend to integrate the "Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by me (done on 05/11/2021)".
The AHCI Controller will be named "Intel(R) SATA AHCI Controller DEV_A102 added by Fernando".
Good luck!

So I put the drivers on the image but unfortunately the BSOD comes along. :frowning: And in addition there is an error when I try to load the driver manually with F5. Here are the screenshots. Maybe someone else has an idea ?!

7B BSOD.png

Missing driver support.png

Edit by Fernando: Inserted pictures resized and customized

@RS2016 :
The 7B BSOD indicates, that you have integrated a wrong (not matching) driver.
Please let us know
a) which OS you have tried to install,
b) which specific driver(s) you had integrated (please post the exact name),
c) which *.INF file you had chosen (post the name of it) and
d) which kind of OS source you have used (original or already touched).

By the way - you cannot load any AHCI driver by pressing F5.

Windows 10 is currently running on the computer and I want to dual boot with Windows XP 32 bit to run old programs that don’t run on a virtual machine.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A102 Driver Textmodus

Screenshot_20220106-091250_RAR.jpg

20220105_214344.jpg

@RS2016 : Please answer to all questions of my last post.
Your attached "screenshots" are no real ones. It is difficult to see the important information. When you try to take a screenshot with a camera, please make sure, that the picture shows preferably the complete monitor screen (and not the table and cables). I had to turn them 90° to the left to be able to read parts of the text.
By the way - as the right one among your attached 2 pictures verifies, the file named TXTSETUP.OEM is within the driverpack you have tried to integrate (it is within all driverpacks I am offering within the start post).

Hello, I’m trying to install XP on Z690 Tachyon, I have created the ISO with acpi drivers (no A5 error) but i have the 7B error.

I think the ahci z590 driver is no longer compatible with z690. where to find the device ID on device manager to create/update a new modded 32bits driver ?

it was 43D2 on Z590.

@vertx The HardwareIDs of the on-board devices (e.g. of the Intel SATA AHCI Controller) is always the same, no matter which OS you are running.
So you can find out yourself the exact DeviceID drom within any Windows OS by running the Device Manager, expanding the sections "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and - if applicable - "Storage Controllers", doing a right-click onto the listed AHCI Controller (no matter which exact name it has gotten by the OS) and choosing the options "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs".
I suspect, that the DeviceID of the Intel Z690 chipset SATA AHCI Controller is DEV_7AE2.
Please let me know, whether I am right or wrong regarding the DeviceID. If the HardwareIDs of your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller should be missing within the latest variant of the mod+signed Intel RST drivers, I will add them and give the drivers a new signature.