How to dump BIOS without programmer

Hello, I recently built my own PC and I want to dump my BIOS now. My motherboard is MSI B550 A Pro and I already modded some things in my BIOS but since the beginning I never seemed to have any version of Intel ME (it doesn’t show Intel ME in HWInfo). I would really prefer to dump my BIOS using FPTW but as I don’t have Intel ME, it doesn’t seem to work for me. I used Afuwin/Afuefi and all I can say is that I’m really not a fan of it. I also tried a tool called Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit 2.0 but it fails identifying my BIOS. Now I would like to know if there is another way to dump my BIOS, except using a flash programmer.

Try the AMI V AFUEFI and read the README/PDF regarding the tool switches
MSI M-Flash also doesnt seem to have a backup option besides the update function.
AMD platform counterpart of the Intel ME, is the AGESA/PSP, so you cant use available tools like FPT.
Resuming AMD users are in a little disadvantage regarding “leaked” tools…

1 Like

flashrom -p internal -r dump.bin

please do not continue without an external programmer available to recover. and i mean no disrespect , however , Intel ME is not associated with your AMD chipset.

flashrom requries Linux (example,debian/ubuntu) booted with “iomem=relaxed” kernel parameter for internal function.

$ git clone https://review.coreboot.org/flashrom.git && cd flashrom
$ make
$ sudo ./flashrom -p internal -r dump.bin