How to flash BIOS (8M+4M) using HW programmer on DELL Precision T5610 ?

Hello , can you give me the bios 8M + 4M and tell me how to flash them please.

Best Regards,

@go2net ^^ Thanks!

@Lost_N_BIOS

can you give me the bios 8M + 4M and tell me how to flash them please.

Thank you

Hi!
@Lost_N_BIOS

Thanks for the respond. Do I also need test clip soic16 for the 16 pin bios chip?

Thangle

@Thangle - sorry, I assumed SOIC8 for both the BIOS, are you sure both are not SOIC8?

@Shata92 - I do not have this BIOS, only T5600, we have to wait for @go2net to share a BIOS. I know how to split/combine etc, but wasn’t sure if complete BIOS is part of the exe or HDR. I will look now and if so will build you a BIOS package with 12MB + 8MB + 4MB
To flash you need flash programmer, or unlocked FD and use Intel FPT with 12MB file. Do you have ME, Service, FD, FDO etc 2 pin jumper on the board? If yes, you can use 12MB BIOS and Intel FPT to reflash, if you can boot to DOS or Windows, otherwise you will need flash programmer.
* Edit - I checked exe/HDR and missing FD and PDR (If used) regions, so I cannot rebuild BIOS package without a dump from one of these or similar systems.

@Lost_N_BIOS I took a picture of the Dell T5610 MB and think it is one BIOS with 6 pins and second one with 16 pins.

IMG_20181221_134145.jpg

Yes, I see it, one is 8 pin and one is 16 pin, why did they do that! So yes, you would need SOIC8 test clip and SOIC16 test clip

Or, does your board have a 2 pin jumper, labeled ME, FD, FDO, service etc?

@Lost_N_BIOS

Ask Dell why they used 2 different bios chip ^^
I am on business trip so I am not able to check the motherboard.

I have ordered EZP2013 programmer and test clip SOIC16 and I think the SOIC16 can also be used for the 6 pin chip or do I have to order SOIC6 as well?

@go2net
Hello Please can you Share us with the T5610 Bios stripped to 12MB + 8M + 4M and tell us how to split them.

@Thangle - I don’t know if SOIC16 can be used on SOIC8, maybe ask seller if he knows.

plutomaniac - how to insert ME8 here using T5600 dump as base BIOS to build on, I already swap in BIOS region, but no room for ME8 region due to previous in T5600 is ME7 (T5610 use ME8). I’m trying to put in ME8 from HDR extract, even if I cut padding at end not enough room?
Maybe T5610 combined BIOS is originally larger than 12MB, is this all because maybe T5610 is a 16MB combined image? Can’t use FITc either If you need the T5600 SPI dump I’m trying to build into let me know, thanks

I don’t understand the goal here. If someone needs a dump, they can find something online, replace the BIOS from the HDR and follow the CleanUp Guide for the Engine firmware. The Engine firmware within the HDR are almost always meant to be used via FWUpdate so they are either Update images or RGN so not usable at dumps.

plutomaniac - My goal here is to build someone a T5610 12MB (and 4-8MB split) BIOS from scratch using the HDR extracted data, and a T5600 SPI dump (To get structured source already and FD). I cannot find a T5610 dump to start with, that’s why all this hassle, no FD in the HDR to start from complete scratch.
There is no T5610 dump to restore BIOS region to, or rebuild ME etc. And initially ME swap in has to be done via hex, since no room via UEFITool and FITc wont work properly for ME7 to ME8
I’m not upgrading ME, only rebuilding BIOS from scratch in out of the box manner, so it’s not ME7 to ME8 upgrade, I’m only replacing ME7 in a BIOS never meant for this system, along with the rest that is meant for this system.
Appreciate the heads up on the ME From HDR, I was not aware of that, will use stock source instead thanks. That will probably solve all my issues, I should have considered that previously! * Edit, nope, doubt it, since it’s same size as one from HDR

@Shata92 & @Thangle - can either one of you send me a dump (Complete BIOS dump, 12MB from FPT or universal BIOS backup toolkit, or 4+8MB dumps from programmer)? If not, I cannot do anything to help rebuild a new clean BIOS until we find a T5610 dump, and I looked at all my good source locations without any luck.
Broken/bricked BIOS dump is Ok, as long as it’s not a blank dump (all FF’s or 00’s)

You need the FD and Engine settings from the same system so they must dump their own and then work on that.

plutomaniac Thanks, I had originally planned to use the HDR’s ME as source settings, but that was before you told me about the ME from HDR meant for Update Tool (I checked, it’s RGN Stock ) So thanks, yes I guess we can’t do anything to continue until we can find a T5610 dump

@Lost_N_BIOS - yes there is a 2 pin service mode on the mobo=)

Great @Thangle - please put a jumper on there and dump the BIOS with >> FPTw -d bios.bin

@Lost_N_BIOS - shorted the service mode 2 pin but still no display when booting so I think I have to wait for the flasher/programmer.

@Thangle - sounds messed up badly, sorry I didn’t know you couldn’t boot at all. Yes, will have to wait on the programmer, unless you can find someone to send us a dump or find someone else you know with same system and get them to dump BIOS for you.
I tried looking around in google, could only find T5600 dumps.

@Lost_N_BIOS it is Dell T5610. Is it possible to download and BIOS T5610A06. exe on Dell website?

@Thangle - Yes, I have stock BIOS but it’s missing some regions, need dump from T5610 which I cannot find.
So we have to wait for you to dump with programmer, unless you have access to another one of these systems, then you could dump that one maybe with pinmod or jumper and FPT (Or someone you know w/ same system could do that)