How to flash BIOS (8M+4M) using HW programmer on DELL Precision T5610 ?

I have exactly the same problem with my T5610, no boot just 1-2-3 LEDs on. I’ve just read the whole thread and I would like to give it a chance . Though I’m a total newbie in this BIOS stuff, I’ll try to reproduce the whole process.

@Lost_N_BIOS helped to split the original BIOS file, and he uploaded the two resulting files.

BUT the downloads had expired so no way to get them. I would really appreciate if anybody who has these files contacted me and give a helping hand with these missing files and some advice.

@Lost_N_BIOS
@Thangle

Any chance?

Thank you very much!

I have totally forgot this website and my thread, I got one private message from Dell EMC Community because I also post same thread there, then I got the link for this thread, and google chrome help me to recall the username and password, or else after more than 2 years, I can not remember this password.

Please also thanks my NAS, I can find these old backup of T5610 bios, I already re-install that laptop many times after I fixed my T5610, but I have a good habit, everything important I like to put into my NAS, and also use my another backup NAS to have a copy of that, in case NAS damaged.

If you already have programmer, you do not need my bios files, you can read them from your board. But I still put them here for your reference.

Please note this old bios file can not boot your computer, you need change it according to my post. you can use my edited bin file directly, but I am not sure if it will conflict with your mother board, because some configuration was just for my board.

4M_old.zip (2.03 MB)

8M_old.zip (4.19 MB)

4M_NEW.zip (2.03 MB)

8M_NEW.zip (4.16 MB)

@go2net

Thanks again for the files, and for all your effort taking time for recovering password, looking for the files on your NAS etc. Really appreciated!

I’ll take a look for the whole process soon. As I’m not an expert in this stuff I need some learning before.

Cheers

Today I have new experience whit my Precision T5610 workstation.
I recheck all parts (2xCPUs, 4x4GB RAM, SSD HDD, Nvidia K4000 3GB video-card e.t.c.) in similar Motherboard. As expected all are working OK.
I make a dump of its SPI flashes with FPT.exe in dos mode and obtain Complete BIOS dump, from FPT 12MB with this command:
DOS>FPT.exe -D DUMP.bin
Forget to notice that my friend’s dump is version A08, and mine is latest A19.
At my machine i put both chips on a sockets so now i can experiment with them easily.
I am using Linux Debian 10.
Then modify the script with my real directory and split it into 8MB and 4MB.
Then programme both SPI flases .
As i expected with its data no boot, but initial check now blink different way.

I try write private messages @go2net and @Lost_N_BIOS , and try to upload both dumps here in *.7z format, but it does not allow me to upload files.
may be don’t have enough post to do that.

Now i will try to rebuild first BIOS part with of 8MB.bin file with the one extracted from the original T5610A19.exe as explained in the first post in the thread and at post#42.

chipsonsocket_20210510_212439.jpg

Thanks in advance to all good guys!

Just to report my efforts finished with successful boot :relaxed:
Great thanks @go2net !
Without his 4(8)MB_NEW.BIN I would still be unhappy

IMG_20210511_185954.jpg

IMG_20210511_185946.jpg

IMG_20210511_185936.jpg