How to identify the cTDP hex offset locations of AMD 15h & 16h Processors MSR Registers RWEverything?

How to identify the hex offset locations of AMD 15h & 16h Processors MSR Registers RWEverything?

AMD A8-7410
AMD A12-9720P
AMD A4-6210

Thanks

From amd bkdg docs. They are publicly available prior to 16h family.

Not sure if TDP is a thing that is set by msr. Maybe you have thermal throttling? Usually it is set to 85 celcius for 15h cpus.

@Sweet_Kitten

Would you have experience doing this sort of thing? I need a lot of advise and help. I know how to mod the GPU BIOS inside the System BIOS but not the AMD Processor stuff. I would love to learn.

May you advise on links to these docs you speak of?

Thanks for the reply, it’s 100*C on these chips, insane right?

I’m TDP throttling hard down to 800mhz cpu in game on my 3600mhz A12-9720P at 15W. Need to increase the TDP.

Here’s some performance characteristics here…

No, did not have to. There are various tweakers for windows made by hbkim.
You can get a cpu to work at fixed speed if you change each P-state to the same frequency.

https://www.amd.com/en/search/documentation/hub.html#q=bkdg&sortCriteria=%40amd_release_date%20descending&f-amd_archive_status=Archived&f-amd_document_type=Programmer%20References

Thanks, I tried K15TK on the A12-9720P I could disable turbo in the CLI command line but cannot adjust anything without it freezing up every time. Unlike my A8-7410, but it would still throttle the Northbridge if I locked it at the full speed clock and lag all day because of the TDP.

1. AFAIK we have four places (in BIOS) with TDP override…

1: CPU Model code voids in BIOS,
2: BIOS PCD Flags
3: cTDP Options in BIOS/ cTDP flags
4: ACPI DSDT Table

Easiest way - DSDT editing but not our way…

How do I even begin the override the TDP in the BIOS?

Thanks