How to mod Z97 to support new nvme ssd

My friend told me his ASUS Z97-DELUXE couldn’t show some nvme ssds in bios.(such as TOSHIBA THNSN5512GVU7)
I found there were 3 nvme module files in the bios.(Nvme,NvmeSmm,NVMEINT13),so I want to put the NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs into the bios.
What if I put put the NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs into the bios?or should I delete the 3 nvme module files in the bios first???
Thanks!!!

Even with NvmExpressDxe_4 he wont see NVME in BIOS, but Fernando is best to answer this one when he has time to read it (He’s on vacation right now)

@gloobox :
The BIOS of your friend’s PC natively supports all NVMe SSDs. So it doesn’t make any sense to add an additional NVMe module or to delete the already present ones.
The fact, that the SSD is not shown as bootable device, does not mean, that it cannot be used as bootable disk drive. Solution: Install Win10 in UEFI mode onto it.

@Fernando
Thanks!!He put the LENOVO SL700 128G nvme ssd in his machine and successfully show it in the boot list(without system)
I try to let him setup the win10 and give you feedback.

@Fernando
I add the new NVME module(NvmExpressDxe_4) in it ,and found the NVME SSD in the bios!!!

@gloobox :
Did you or your friend remove the 3 NVMe modules, which had been inserted by the mainboard manufacturer and obviously didn’t work?
Is the NVMe SSD now bootable?

@Fernando
3 nvme module and the NvmExpressDxe_4 are all in the bios.
The nvme ssd is bootable smoothly!!!

@gloobox :
This indicates, that the natively present BIOS module doesn’t work. Otherwise the 2 NVMe BIOS modules may have interfered each other.

@Fernando
Somehow the LENOVO SL700 128G nvme ssd could work normally in the original bios.
And the TOSHIBA THNSN5512GVU7 nvme ssd could work after I added the NvmExpressDxe_4 module.
So I think the NvmExpressDxe_4 module works,and the 3 nvme modules are shielded.
The same point as you!!!

Fernando, give me a hand.
I have one Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H and all people says that this chipset don’t support natively NVMe drives (in PCI-E expasion Card). The natively M2 slot on the board is a M2 SSD. I think about installing one PCI-E adapter like this: PCI-E NVME 4x Adaptar Card.
People say that will only work as an adittional drive in Windows, but can’t boot it. Others say that only through a modified BIOS.
What you say? It’s possible add this spansion Card to put a NVMe drive and with boot?

@Jose_Lopes
Once you update the latest bios of the mobo,you could find the NVME SSD in your bios.(Usually showed PATA)
And you could install system in the SSD and boot it.

Agreed, that BIOS supports NVME by default, either by the M.2 slot or any PCIE card too, and yes you can boot to NVME either way (slot or card)