How to switch a RAID0 to RAID10?

Hello,

I had a RAID10 with 4 SSDs running in my PC. Due to some issues 2 drives went lost from that RAID10 - unfortunately the 2 with the same data on it…
after hours of try & failure I was able to recover a complete RAID0 out of those 4 drives.

but how can I switch that RAID0 to RAID10 now again, without loosing any data?
the BIOS doesn’t have that option. nor does the Intel support page list a possible RAID migration from 0 to 10, but that’s just a simple 1:1 copy, so it’s actually the most simple migration I can imagine.

I got Windows 10 64bit 1909 with Intel RST drivers v1‎7.9.0.1007 and console.
Motherboard is a Gigabyte Z390 Designare with latest BIOS.

when I click on “SATA_Array_0000” and choose “add drive” I can select the 2 missing drives on the next page.

raid1.jpg

my problem is the warning below:

"WARNING: This action will permanently delete all data from your harddrive. Backup your data before you continue."

raid2.jpg

Of course I know the data of the 2 non raid drives will be deleted and overwritten with the identical data from the working RAID0, but the warning is not very precise WHICH data will be lost.

does this step just copy the data from the RAID0 to create a RAID10, or will it wipe everything on the entire RAID?

or does it something completely different like just add more space to the RAID0?!?!

google didn’t help me with this issue :frowning:

I hope someone here can help!

thnx in advance!

@TB-303 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
According to what I see on your second screenshot only the data of those SSDs will be wiped, which you want to add to the already existing RAID0 array.
Nevertheless it may be a good idea to make a backup of the data, which are currently on your already existing RAID0 array, before you are going to start the creation of the desired RAID10 array.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@TB-303 What makes you think that adding 2 disks to a RAID-0 will convert it to a RAID-10? I’d interprete ‘add disks’ here as adding them to the raid 0 array?

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/suppor…-user-guide.pdf
Look into 11.4.2.6 “Changing volume type”, I can’t fins a transition RAID-0 => RAID-10.

(Maybe “creating a matrix array” could present a solution?)

yeah shortly after my post I found the RST guide too. it just adds more space to the RAID0… now I’m migrating accidentally to RAID5… one wrong click. no following question to confirm… I wonder what the result will be.
migrating from a 2 disk RAID0 with 2tb and 3 Veracrypt partitions to RAID5 and 4 disks. :confused:
at least it’s migrating on the fly and I was able to access all the data and copy all important stuff on other drives.

since it’s migrating on controller level, I hope it doesn’t care for which type of partitions are on there.

cross your fingers!