How to (un)subscribe a thread

I have subscribed to this thread some time ago, when I asked a question and wanted to know when somebody replies. Ever since I get e-mail notifications for this thread, and I can’t find an option to disable this (I found only “subscribe” button once again). Can you help me, Fernando?

EDIT by Fernando: Title changed and post moved

If you want to unsubscribe a previously subscribed thread, you have to enter your personal Account and go to "Options". There you will find a list with your subscribed threads. Check the related thread you want to unsubscribe and hit "delete selected".
That’s all!
Since your question is offtopic and other Forum members may have the same problem, I will move our 2 posts (yourquestion and myanswer) into >this< sub-Forum.

One quick out-of-topic question, is there any way to automatically subscribe to a thread by just replying to it? I don’t see that option in the user profile settings.

You don’t even need to post there, just click onto the "Subscribe" option after having opened a thread.
Look here:

There you can only unsubscribe the previously suscribed threads.

how do I unsubscribe from a thread on this forum? - just im getting loads of emails

Enter your personal account and choose "Options". There you can delete the subscription of any thread.