How to update Marvell 9218 firmware?

Hello,
I would like to update my marvell 9128 firmware on my asus sabertooth x79.
I read the marvell rom thread, but I am not sure how to do it.
Then my marvell oprom (CTRL + M on boot) shows me the device id 9130, but my sabertooth x79 should have the device id 9128.
Iam very uncertain, could anybody help me with that?

Regards

@ Neubi:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Have you already tried to run the UBU tool?

Which DeviceID do you see, when you run the Device Manager, right click onto the Marvell SATA Controller and choose the options "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs"?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@ Fernando

It shows

PCI\VEN_1B4B&DEV_9130&SUBSYS_84381043&REV_11
PCI\VEN_1B4B&DEV_9130&SUBSYS_84381043
PCI\VEN_1B4B&DEV_9130&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_1B4B&DEV_9130&CC_0106

From asus page:

No, I did not try it yet. I am afraid to brick my board if I dont know which rom to use.

Regards
Jürgen

Zitat von Neubi im Beitrag #3

It shows

PCI\VEN_1B4B&DEV_9130&CC_0106

This verifies the real identity of the on-board Marvell 91xx SATA Controller.
Zitat von Neubi

No, I did not try it yet. I am afraid to brick my board if I dont know which rom to use.

The usage of the UBU tool is very safe, because it anaiyzes the exact module specifiation, before it offers a suitable updated version of them.

A little bit confusing, UBU tells me

and under Win 8.1, if I’am not mistaken now, it showed me 9128 as device id as well. Now I’am using Win 10.

I tried UBU now and it works, thank you for your help. It’s a really great tool.

Regards
Jürgen

Zitat von Neubi im Beitrag #5
A little bit confusing, UBU tells me

and under Win 8.1, if I’am not mistaken now, it showed me 9128 as device id as well. Now I’am using Win 10.

I doubt, that Win8.1 has detected another DeviceID than Win10, but I can explain, why the OS and the UBU tool detected different DeviceIDs of the Marvell SATA Controller:
The UBU tool cannot detect the DeviceID of the on-board Marvell 91xx SATA Controller, but just reads the DeviceID, which has been put by Marvell or the minboard manufacturer into the hex code of the related ROM module. So the original BIOS of your mainboard contains a Marvell AHCI/RAID ROM module, which natively has been designed by Marvell for the DEV_9128 Controller, but this module fully supports the rather similar Marvell DEV_9130 Controller as well. So they have left the DeviceID untouched, although it is not the correct one.

The ID 9130 is possible and a valid choice for 9128 controllers. It means that the controller supports HyperDuo. Or that HyperDuo is activated, not sure which one of the two. There is also the possibility that Windows is showing the link ID (as seen in MMTool), but I’m inclining for the first explanation. As for the title of this thread, there is one thing to update the OROM with UBU and another thing to update the firmware. However, there are some Firmware components in BIOS:

SABERTOOTH-X79-ASUS-4701.png