[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

I am try and still no boot.Fernando.

test.zip (3.67 MB)

@ahoj444 : Contrary to the previously modded BIOS the test.bin contains the NVMe module within the correct location.
To be able to check the integrity of the other BIOS modules I need the original BIOS.
EDIT1: Is it the file named biosreg.bin?
EDIT2: If yes, a Pad-file is missing within your test.bin file.
Look here:

Missing Pad-file.png

yes bios reg is original.Yes i see. Can you try add nvme dxe to biosreg.bin ?

@ahoj444 : This is what I got after having inserted the "small" NVMe module into the biosreg.bin file by using the AMI Aptio IV MMTool v4.50:

Modded BIOS with Pad-file.png

Try it yourself!

I can try with mmtools 4.50 and still not detect.:confused:

biosmod.zip (3.68 MB)

nvme.png

Ur mod seems correct now.
If the old OS installation performed yesterday is MBR/NTFS it will not boot, perform a new OS install GPT/NTFS
Seen in google search screen caps, ur bios have options for UEFI boot, also options for secure boot, for loading even legacy option roms and UEFI security path.
By the way… wot is the model of ur NVMe SSD drive?

I am not see nvme disk on the bios uefi list.But with another next sata drive i see nvme disk correct but only in windows.
Bios still no read nvme disk.I have adata sx8200 pro with pci-e 4x reduction in the x16 slot

An NVMe drive if not bootable/system drive is a standard storage drive in any Windows.
Until a proper installation of an UEFI OS u will not see an entry of it in ur UEFI BIOS list and some even wont display.
Remember that this IS A MOD… it doesn’t behave like users want or think, all bios reacts different, some boards will never show any NVMe drive in UEFI bios.
When performing an installation, disconnect all other drives.

I am tried this mod on dell T1650 and work .But i must still after turn on pc touch f12 and select disk he maybe need some time but after this read normal.Maybe add some timeout to bios…

maybe can try downgrade bios and try with him …

F12 boot selection needed when boot device priority is not set in bios… doesn’t need a genius to understand that.
All the help provided by me and Fernando its all that u can do, the rest its up to u and ur system, no more miracles here, good luck.

"F12 boot selection needed when boot device priority is not set in bios… doesn’t need a genius to understand that."
I am understand this good.But i must boot from f12 becasue when i not touch f12 not detect nvme disk .
When i not use f12 i must turn on /off try and after 3,4 attempt boot normal .When i use f12 start normal on first atempt…is weird …
maybe system need more time to detect disk …

@ahoj444 :
1. No user with a system without native NVMe support will ever see the NVMe SSD model listed within the BIOS. After having followed my guide the user can boot off the NVMe SSD, but it is listed as "Windows Boot Manager".
2. It is not a good idea to have more than 1 bootable disk drive connected to the mainboard.
3. The "Fast Boot" option should be disabled.

fast boot disabled and another sata device unpluged i try too …But still not detect

Anyone free to check my work modifying the bios for the EVGA Z77 FTW? I had to remove a number of sections to get NVMe to fit. The files are attached.

I don’t see the drive in the BIOS or in windows boot. I verified the drive and the PCIe to M.2 adapter on my asus z370 hero.

1E699org.zip (2.8 MB)

1e699mod.zip (2.68 MB)

Ur bios mod seems ok, correct volume insertion and pad-file in both, good luck.

@ahoj444 : Your reported issue seems to be caused by a BIOS setting problem or by an outdated mainboard battery (too old).
So I recommend to clear CMOS, to redo the required BIOS settings and to store them. If this should not solve your problem, you should replace the mainboard battery by a new one.
I bet, that your PC will boot fine after having done that.

Hi everyone
Just newbie here and always stayed away from bios and treated it like sacred scripture :smiley:

Actually i am planning to buy dell optiplex 9020 i5, but wanted to run os from nvme like my other amd pc, so researching about it landed me here, 9020 has uefi built-in already

It would be great if i can get ready 9020 mod bios, asking this may be out of norms here but maybe I’m lucky one getting it from experienced users here

Recent posts before ur post, is well documented on how to do it the correct way, still that user didnt reported back success or not (Besides his several mistakes).
So get urself to work on it and later u can share the file for verification before flashing the mod.
Here is an example of success on same machine, post #6759: [HowTo] Get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS (451)

Thank you for prompt response
Op instruction set is excellent i must say
But I’m stuck at stage 1, as my original bios is in exe on official Dell server, what should be best way to get proper bin or image file out of it?
Secondly, how i can be sure there’s enough space for inserting full size mod ?
Last how after compiling i should flash it?

Apologies if questions sound childish but that’s how we learn