[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

Oh… you think that the Asus utility and securities will let you flash a mod bios… please, use your brain and safe measures.

You really can make your system death… Fernando warns in point#3…users dont like to read good guides… too much words, they just want it done.

https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/guide-how-to-flash-a-modded-ami-uefi-bios

Hello my friends. :slight_smile:

Yesterday evening I went to give my old notebook a bios mod… with a few hurdles but ok.

My problem is now. the bios is already modded and it is already on the notebook. I also find the entry nvme… in the rom etc.
“But I still have no support. maybe someone could take a look?

If anyone wants to help me. Just call. then the files come within 10 minutes :P.

Greets from Germany
Happy weekend :stuck_out_tongue:

NVMe mod flashed and confirmed so… windows install as next step?
Support… i dont “compute” the term… read the respective guide.
Its all there…too much reading? So sorry, the guide also took the author is time.

Greetings, I wanted to know if someone can help me, I have a dell optiplex 3040 with bios OptiPlex_3040_1.19.1.exe… I extracted the bin file has several, I want to modify it to embed the drive for nvme, the problem I have is that the “CSMCORE”, does not appear in my bios, and I do not want to touch anything until I am sure where to enter the information in the correct site I don’t want to damage the computer… Can someone guide me?

P.D.: I followed the guide but my bios is different and the work is more serious

@franciszek77
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
To be able to help you I have to do a look into the pure BIOS *.bin file.
Please attach it as compressed .zip /.rar file or post a link to it.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando
Followed your instruction carefully and successfully worked on the Bios version 3.94 and 3.96 of HP Z820 system. But it does not work. Please see detail here: <https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/hp-z820-adding-nvme/33865/15>. Please provide further guidance.Thanks!

@z820_nvme
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
This is the thread about how to insert the NVMe module into the mainboard BIOS and about how to get Win10/11 successfully installed onto the NVMe SSD, whereas your linked thread is about how to get a modded HP BIOS successfully flashed.
Since I have no own experience with HP mainboards, I cannot help you regarding your linked report.
Questions:

1. What makes you sure, that the flashing of the NVMe modded BIOS was successful?
  2. After having entered the BIOS, do you see a device named “PATA” within the “BOOT” section while CSM is enabled?
  3. How did you try to get Win10/11 installed?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello, I have taken some pictures but I am not allowed to upload picture here.

1. What makes you sure, that the flashing of the NVMe modded BIOS was successful?
    The bios was flashed in FreeDOS boot and it is said the flash is successful. Furthermore the version of the bios was updated in the bios boot screen.
  2. After having entered the BIOS, do you see a device named “PATA” within the “BOOT” section while CSM is enabled?
    The bios of HP Zx20 stations cannot see any storage other than IDE unless one go to LSI RAID setting. When it is set to UEFI, none of the devices can be seen.
  3. How did you try to get Win10/11 installed?
    It is common that everyone can install WIndows into the NVMe SSD, but can not boot it.

@z820_nvme

You cannot install Windows onto an NVMe SSD the direct way. The first step is the creation of the “Windows Boot Manager” partition according point 4 of my guide (= start post of this thread). After having done it, the NVMe SSD will be bootable (provided, that the NVMe module has been properly inserted and the modded BIOS successfully flashed).

In bios setting, the storage is set to UEFI. The NVMe SSD is partitioned as a GPT disk. When start installation, the system started with the UEFI USB Windows installation disk in custom mod. When NVMe SSD appears, thw windows can be installed into a partition. After installation, the windows boot manager is sitting in the root partition. if the disk is bootable, you can see the windows boot manager if you go to boot mod.

Hi,
I would like to ask two questions:
1:I have an Asus H 87 Plus mobo and it havent Flashback feature.
Can I use EZ flash to update the mod.bios?
2.Is it possible to install also cloned windows 10 via Acronis true image tool or need to fresh Win install?
Thanks
Charles

@charlesko1
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Here are my answers:

1. The answer can be found >here<.
  2. It is possible to get a cloned Win10/11 installed onto an NVMe SSD, but I do not recommend to do it (the risks of a failure are much higher and you miss the chance to get rid of the garbage).

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS

I just want to thank you for this amazing guide, i successfully modded and flashed the modded bios of my gigabyte H81M-H and now it can boot win 11 from a kioxia kbg40zns256g nvme ssd attached to a pci adapter. I was using the clover method to boot but this is a much better way.

1 Like

@wfantasma
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum and congratulations for having succeeded and now being able to boot off an NVMe SSD.
Enjoy it!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: [Request] NVMe Support for GA-A75M-UD2H BIOS

Hi! I followed your guide to add “NvmExpressDxe_5” into a bios file on my Asrock X79 Fatal1ty pro motherboard. I am a newbie to this sort of things but I must have done something right. The disk shows in UEFI as PATA. Been workin for about two weeks trying to install a linux os on the disk, no go…until yesterday, success. Although it isn’t as fast as I imagined. The disk is an Intel ssd nvme 670p. I thank you for your time an enthusiasm about this. It is funny when everywhere it is said that this disk do not boot on my motherboard, and here we are. -Sam

2 Likes

@samson
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your feedback!
It is fine, that got it working your own by just following my Guide.
Enjoy it!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi, just wanted to ty for the great write-up. Got my Gigabyte Z77X-UD4H working with nvme and it worked with a previous sata ssd (840evo > 970nvme), just cloned directly using macrium usb. Please correct me if i’m wrong, but i read that cloned drives wouldn’t work properly, don’t want to mislead others. Will continue testing and report back. Also, is there a thread i can link my bios file to, for others with same board?

@megastee
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum and thanks for the feedback! It is fine, that you succeeded and now can boot off an NVMe SSD with your old system.
If you want to offer your modded BIOS for other users with the same mainboard model, you can start a new thread within >this< Forum section.
Enjoy this Forum and your updated system!
Dieter (alias Fernando)