[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

@wfantasma
Thanks for your feedback, but your successfully modded BIOSes should better been offered >here< within freshly started sepaparate threads.
Interested users may not find the MEGA link within this voluminous thread, which has been designed for users, who want to modify the BIOS themselves.

Ok, i did that way :slight_smile:

1 Like

i am using main asus P8H77-V and after i mod bios there is restart status the computer is stuck asus logo, keyboard and mouse are both frozen until i press reset on the case, the computer boots into nvme normally . I tried using NvmExpressDxe_5.ffs module and got the above situation, I continue to try with older version NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs and still have the same problem, ( bios I’m using is P8H77-V BIOS 1905) if I using an older bios for example 1904 or 1801 can I fix the above error? Is there any way you can help me fix it?
Thank you.

That usually happens when something else is “touched” besides the inserted NVMe DXE…

Theres no need to rollback to older bios versions, in this case or any other case/motherboard model.

EDIT: How does the “computer boots into nvme normally” if it gets stuck in the ASUS logo and needs reset???

Witch method was used to insert the NVMe DXE, MMtool ou UEFItool?
What method/tool is used to flash the mod bios?

1 Like

This here is the bios i edited, i just only insert module nvme can you help me check it.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KO1BIrsK0kkBdhOLEQFCTHJpdwvdhId5?usp=sharing
Is there any solution for my bios?

Thank you.

@NhatPot Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
The NVMe module seems to be properly inserted into the BIOS without touching any Pad-file.
Regarding the flash of the modded BIOS I recommend to read and to follow the ASUS related advices of >this< Guide.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

1 Like

Thank you so much this guide really help me

1 Like

@asepk
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum and thanks for your feedback!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank u
Nice to meet you
I really stuck when first time mod the bios, because i didnt read the guide step by step
(My bad) :slight_smile:
But when i try follow guide step by step is really working

1 Like

I try flash bios by USB CH341A and downgraded bios 1904 (latest 1905) it really work.
I have a problem.
Can you help me check the bios of Mainboard Huananzhi X99 AD3 ver 2.0 ?
I can’t find ‘’ CSMCORE’’ in DXE volume of X99 Huananzhi but only 1 volume contains DXE driver.

Thank you.

@NhatPot
I have checked your modded BIOS and couldn’t find a mistake, but to be sure I need the original BIOS for comparison purposes.

Although nearly all BIOSes have a module named CSMCORE within the (main) DXE Volume, there are some without that module. If a BIOS has just 1 DXE driver Volume, the NVMe module has to be inserted there.

After using this forum to successfully flash my BIOS in November 2020 to give my system bootable NVME support, I recently transferred that M.2 SSD boot drive to a new motherboard. I was going to stop using my old Asrock z77 Pro4 MB as I had a No-Display issue and had it packed away, when I realised I should clone the drive first. I found out the No-Display was a power supply issue and bought a new PSU. When reinstalling my old MB, the BIOS did not detect the NVME drive and I was unable to boot. :rage:

Having used the modded 2013 version, 1.80, of the BIOS uploaded by @Paulos7 that time in 2020, I decided to Mod the latest (2018/5/30) Beta BIOS from Asrock this time, using the file Z77 Pro4(2.00) ROM. When editing the BIOS, I had to insert the small NVME module, after I got an error message when trying the bigger one as first option. My modded BIOS is attached. z77pro4 MOD 2.00.zip (4.2 MB). I changed the MOD from the filename back to the original “z77Pro42.00” before flashing it, to avoid issues.

I flashed it and the system immediately booted into Windows, once again recognising my NVME boot drive. So I can confirm the modding of the Beta BIOS was successful.

One thing that UEFI Tool flagged was a checksum error in the original Beta BIOS downloaded from Asrock. I downloaded both the European and Chinese hosted versions of the file to check, and they were the same. So I ignored the error and modded the BIOS without any issues.

Hello,
I’ve a chinese motherboard jingsha h81m.

The only part I found difficult is getting the original BIOS ROM for my board. Is there any way to extract it? Because there is no manufacturer’s website to download the BIOS.

How do i download my bios ROM?

@giovannefc
And how/method do you pretend to flash the mod bios?
What ME FW version the board have, 9 or 9.1?

EDIT: “…use the flash utility directly in the BIOS”, certain bios security wont allow to flash modified bioses.
HWinfo can tell you the ME FW version if the bios has no info on it.

EDIT: Or run this tool and provide the resulting files, on a shared service of your preference.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hello to all the friends of the group

I plan to use MMTool and use the flash utility directly in the BIOS.
Where do I check the ME FW version?

Although this question has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, MeatWar gave you the answer >here<.

Hello friend, how can I insert the nvme model in a B85M D3V A please help me

@Luis2023

The procedure how to insert the NVMe module is layed down very detailed within the Guide (= first post of this thread).

If you want help, you should describe your problem. Where is the original and your modded BIOS attached? A screenshot (showing your problem) may be helpful.

Ok. Done:

Edit:
Intel ME Version: v9.0, Build 1482, Hotfix 30

Edit2:
Full Report of HWInfo file: