[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

@Fernando - this padding is another instance this week see what I mean, it happens often and sometimes no mention of this padding in UEFITool (I think when it has UEFI-Data it doesn’t mention, only if it’s Non-UEFI-Data? Unsure, guessing).
I tested the B75A-G43 BIOS and can confirm this one is like we saw earlier this week, no mention of the pad file in parsing and older version does not do it correctly either (high chance usually, 25.0 will do it properly if 25.1 does not, but not always)

adata sx8200 pro.jpg

Thanks @Fernando , Finally succeed with my adata sx8200 pro

Hi Fernando !!
Can you check if the NVMe module its insert correctly ?
Bios dont detect my NVMe plextor M8Sey :frowning:

F15NVM.rar (4.26 MB)

Hi
I’m new to the forum…your help is much appreciated please.

My system: Clevo P750ZM, running the BIOS " American Megatrends Inc. 1.03.15, 09/06/2015 ". I Think is not NVME compatible for booting.
My new Drive: Samsung 970 Evo M.2 nvme

The system has any other drive installed, windows is on SSD “classic” 950 EVO, so I wanted to clone it in my new drive and boot windows from it. But in BIOS i can’t do it.

Please help. I followed this guide but I have not yet done the flash bios … I do not want anything brick. Many thanks. (And sorry for my little english)

@laranje :
Your modded BIOS looks fine and seems to be ready for a successful flashing procedure.

The BIOS will never show the real name of the Plextor SSD, but it should show a Disk Drive named “PATA” or “PATA SS” instead after having successfully flashed the modded BIOS.

@toonamix :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Why do you think so? Please attach the original and your modded BIOS as *.ZIP or *.RAR archive or give me a link.

Instead of cloning your current system drive you should better do a clean install of Win10 onto your NVMe SSD drive. If you succeed this way, you have the proof, that you can boot off an NVMe SSD.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@toonamix :

Why do you think so? Please attach the original and your modded BIOS as *.ZIP or *.RAR archive or give me a link.

I’m sure is not compatible for booting from NVMe drive 'cause I have read on the web (well as I tried to do it), so some people use a PREMA mod BIOS, but it is not readily available…

Instead of cloning your current system drive you should better do a clean install of Win10 onto your NVMe SSD drive. If you succeed this way, you have the proof, that you can boot off an NVMe SSD.

Thank u!

P.S. I have not flashed that bios mod (attachment) yet because I’m afraid of bricking notebook…

Mod BIOS.rar (5.57 MB)

Source BIOS.rar (5.56 MB)

@toonamix :
Thanks for the attached BIOSes. I will check them as soon as possible and give you my statement.

@toonamix :
Meanwhile I have done a deeper look into the original and your modded BIOS.
Results:
1. The original BIOS doesn’t contain a valid NVMe EFI module.
2. Your modded 8 MB sized BIOS looks fine. The NvmExpressDxe_4 module has been properly inserted.

Good luck while doing the flash!

@Fernando :
Firstly Thank u!
So…after I have flashed… what must I do to boot from nvme drive?

EDIT:
I have flashed but it doesn’t work (I don’t see pata or pata ss)

How did you do it? Which flash tool did you use? How did you make sure, that only the 8 MB sized modded BIOS has been flashed?

yes I have flashed BIOS mod…

How? i have created a bootable usb with rufus… (I follow a guide), and When I restarted the machine I followed the steps in Readme.txt (inside bios archive)…

@toonamix :
I doubt, that the flashing of the modded BIOS was successful.
You may have to use another method and another flashing tool.

Do you have any ideas?

At first you should keep in mind, that flashing of a modded BIOS is always risky, especially when the target device is a Mobile one (here: your notebook). Before you are going to use alternative flashing methods and tools, you should be sure, that the hopefully gained performance boost is worth the possible risk of a bricked notebook.
When it comes to alternative BIOS flashing methods, I recommend to ask somebody else for help (e.g. @Lost_N_BIOS ), who knows more than me about this specific topic. At first you should do a look into the start post of >this< thread. Most important for you is the chapter “Using the AMI tool AFUWIN”.
Good luck!

Thank u, I have flashed again but nothing. BOOOOH!

Hi All,

I have a Z87-G45 mother board with an PCIE M2 NVME extension card in it. While i am trying to modd my bios i see that it is removing my pad file.
Any recomendations? it happens with the normal and also the small .ffs. Do i perhaps need a different tool to make it work?

@Gkoow :

Yes, in this case I recommend to let the AMI Aptio MMTool v4.5 do the insertion of the NVMe module. >Here< is the related guide.
If you don’t have or get access to the MMTool, please attach the BIOS as *.RAR or *.ZIP file and I will do the BIOS modification for you.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi Fernando,
Damn you are responsive!
I have here a link of the bios file
MSI bios Z87-G45 Gaming V1.9

I have no access to the AMI tool. If you could do the insert for me it would be awesome!

Greets Gkoow

You can imagine what kind of Xmas gift this is Fernando! Merry X mas!

@Gkoow :
Attached is the BIOS, which has been modified by me.
Good luck while doing the flashing procedure!

E7821IMSmodbyfernando.rar (5.86 MB)