[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

@toonamix - how are you flashing mod BIOS right now, I mean what flash tool/method are you using? If you are using the stock BIOS package that should work OK as long as you do it correctly, edit BIOS file P750ZM.15 only with your NVME change, then copy entire stock package somewhere for flashing.
Replace your modified P750ZM.15 into the copied stock package, replacing the original file. Then run flash.bat (not flashME.bat). If that does not work, I can show you another way, but I have helped many Clevo users with similar BIOS packages and this method works every time Iā€™ve seen anyone using it.

@Gkoow - To help @Fernando out, here is your mod BIOS - Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you both!
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?filā€¦351258513758594

@Lost_N_BIOS @toonamix
It seems, that it is not enough to insert the NVMe module into the 8MB sized BIOS. The 4MB sized BIOS named P750ZM.15 may have to be modded as well.
Attached is the modded 4MB sized BIOS file. Due to the very limited space I had to insert the ā€œsmallā€ variant of the NVMe module. Maybe the bigger sized BIOS has to be remodded by using the same NVMe module.
Good luck!

P750ZMmodbyfernando.rar (2.05 MB)

For those, who wish to look for 16 Megabyte capacity chip, (instead of 8 Megabyte)

Winbond 25Q128FVIQ is 8 pins, this chip is present on Asus Rampage V Extreme. Last two digits are optional (IQ). Real chip name is 25Q128FV but be careful when buying, it must be a 8 pin package type A, PDIP-8 300-mil. (Means, Type A, PDIP package, 8 pin, 3mm leg.)

Other possible options by Winbond:

25Q128FVIG
25Q128FVIP
25Q128FVIQ
25Q128FVIF

When searching at ebay for example, type W25Q128FVIQ or 25Q128FVIQ, starts from $2,60 including shipping. At aliexpress $1,79 including shipping.

But donā€™t forget, you will need an external USB flash programmer to use it first, like CH341A.

Only one BIOS needs edited @Fernando , depending on which batch file you use or method used to flash the BIOS. I didnā€™t check his modified BIOS files.
One BIOS is there for ME update, other for BIOS, Clevo always does this for no reason, when you could use a single BIOS for both. That is the one I mentioned him to use, P750ZM.15.
The 8MB BIOS does not need edited at all, itā€™s not used in the flash process when updating BIOS only (Flash.bat).

However, since you had a sizing issue Fernando, you can use the 8MB BIOS, he just needs to edit the batch file then to call that BIOS for flashing instead of the other.
But since you mentioned, no problem here when inserting NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs into the 4MB BIOS, using UEFITool or MMTool?

Thank u both firstly! (and merry Christmas holidays)
So I donā€™t understand, have I to re-try with ur method and my ā€œoldā€ bios mod or have I to use the new mod by @Fernando ?

Youā€™re welcome. I did not check your ā€œModā€ BIOS files, only grabbed the stock package, so I do not know which you modified already. You need to mod the 4MB BIOS file, itā€™s the only one used to flash the BIOS when using the stock flash.bat file (unless you edit that batch to use the 8MB file instead, either way will work)
If you modified the 8MB BIOS file previously, and only that file, you can modify the batch file to use that file instead. Or use the 4MB BIOS Fernando made for you, with the stock flash.bat command.
Or modify the 4MB one yourself, NvmExpressDxe_4 can be used, insert at end of Volume index 02:01-00 (TiSmartAmpSmm) with MMTool or insert after TiSmartAmpSmm w/ UEFITool

I will try soon. So I have a dubt flashme.bat (the .bat that I have used) go to flash a 8mb romā€¦ iā€™m wrong? (sorry for my little english)
Flashme.bat:

Ā 
fpt -f P750ZM8M.15 -l 0x400000 -y
Call flash.bat
fpt /closemnf < yes.txt
Afudos.exe /s /shutdown
Ā 

Flashme.bat if not used for updating the BIOS, only ME, and yes that is the only command used for the 8MB BIOS file. Please do as I mentioned, it is for the 4MB BIOS file P750ZM.15, using flash.bat
Both BIOS are same, only one has Intel ME inside, FYI

yeAh. It works! I have flash @Fernando 's modā€¦ Now I see PATA SS in Biosā€¦ soā€¦ I have to understand how i can boot windows from it (I have two windows systems, one on old SSD and one on new M.2 nvme, they both working 'cause I can boot both by clover)

@toonamix :
Thanks for your feedback!. I am happy with you, that you succeeded and got my modded BIOS with the help of @Lost_N_BIOS properly flashed.
This is the way how to get the OS and its EFI boot partition properly installed onto your NVMe SSD:
Remove or unplug your old SSD, boot in UEFI mode off the USB Flash Drive with the desired Win10 image and do a fresh Win10 installation onto your new NVMe SSD. When you come to the point, where you have to decide where you want to get the OS installed, donā€™t forget to let the Win10 Setup delete all existing partions of the NVMe SSD and to create a new partion for your future system drive (Drive C:). The rest will be done by the Setup automaticly. You donā€™t need the Clover partition anymore.
Good luck!

Hi, can someone help me with modifying the g771jw bios? the link with the files does not work. I tried - I modified the bios using UEFITool from this post
but I can not flash it. Afudos shows that itā€™s too big, and flash from the bios menu that itā€™s too old ā€¦
I found the instructions for my model
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.phā€¦2041#post752041
but the link to the files does not work

please help

@kosi
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum
Which link to which files do not work?
If you want help, you should be more specific.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Lost_N_BIOS :

I had no problems to get the NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs uncompressed inserted into the 8MB sized BIOS file (no matter which tool I took), but with the 4MB sized BIOS I ran into extreme size problems. Only the precompressed NvmExpressDxe_small.ffs was insertable.

Fernando
The Asus forum link does not work where the instructions and files are. There is a reference to this forum and this topic.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.phā€¦g-960-EVO-250GB
I made a mod using the instructions on this topic, but Iā€™m not able to load the bios. I tried Afudos ā€œrom nameā€ and it shows that it is too big (although in windows it shows the same size with the original bios). I tried to upload from the Biosu Function (itā€™s so in my asus), but I think itā€™s an older version.

@kosi:
For me the links within the ROG Gamers Forum are working fine.
If you want, that I shall check your modded BIOS, you should attach it as *.ZIP or *.RAR archive.
Regarding the procedure how to flash a modded UEFI BIOS, I recommend to look into the start post of >this< thread.

Fernando
super, please :wink:

G771.rar (2.14 MB)

@Fernando :
forum work good but link in post about mod not ;-(

@kosi:
Your modded BIOS looks fine.

You should better ask the ROG Forum member, who posted the link. I didnā€™t authorize him to post a link to the content of my Google Drive.

@Fernando - that is odd you ran into sizing issues, I had no problem using the full size NvmExpressDxe_4 in the 4MB BIOS file, using either MMTool 5.2 or UEFITool.
With MMTool insert at end of Volume index 02:01-00 (TiSmartAmpSmm), but still with that volume selected, insert as-is. UEFITool, same file, insert after, no issues either way for me?

Fernando
I sent information to this user and I asked in an open forum, but silence ā€¦ ;-(

Thank you very much for your help